• Synchronet Inter-BBS Games

From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to All on Fri Jan 18 22:30:57 2013
    Just a little update on the state of the Inter-BBS games for synchronet.

I've resolved a connectivity issue on my server, so I've moved hosting for the (working) games back to my system. If you are running any of the following games and are interested in linking up to the Inter-BBS network, go ahead and update your game files from Synchronet CVS and read the updated interbbs.doc files.

NOTE: the default for these games is now to connect to localhost, rather than to my system, so if you update, you may have to re-edit those files, but that's all explained in the docs.

The following games are working without any reported issues:

Boggle
    Star Stocks
    Uberblox
    Maze Race
    Synchronetris
    Tradewars II

The following games are not working (so dont bother with them):

Tank Battle
    Sea Battle

There are a few other games that are fun also, though they are not Inter-BBS:

Chicken Delivery
    Gooble
    DiceWarz 1

I believe chess, dicewarz 2, and scrabble are going to be ready soon as well, and I'll post something in here when that happens.

-MCMLXXIX

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The BRoKEN BuBBLE (MDJ.ATH.CX)
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to MCMLXXIX on Fri Jan 18 23:22:51 2013
    Re: Synchronet Inter-BBS Games
    By: MCMLXXIX to All on Fri Jan 18 2013 05:30 pm

I've resolved a connectivity issue on my server, so I've moved hosting for the (working) games back to my system. If you are running any of the following games and are interested in linking up to the Inter-BBS network, go ahead and update your game files from Synchronet CVS and read the
    updated interbbs.doc files.

NOTE: the default for these games is now to connect to localhost, rather than to my system, so if you update, you may have to re-edit those files, but that's all explained in the docs.

Boggle
    Star Stocks
    Uberblox
    Maze Race
    Synchronetris
    Tradewars II

Tank Battle
    Sea Battle

There are a few other games that are fun also, though they are not Inter-BBS:

Chicken Delivery
    Gooble
    DiceWarz 1

I believe chess, dicewarz 2, and scrabble are going to be ready soon as well, and I'll post something in here when that happens.

-MCMLXXIX

I'm still having a problem with Trade Wars II however. The game won't execute but got the config working finally but that's as far as it will work at the moment.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From MCMLXXIX@VERT/MDJ to All on Sat Jan 19 13:44:23 2013
    Re: Synchronet Inter-BBS Games
    By: MCMLXXIX to All on Fri Jan 18 2013 17:30:57

I've resolved a connectivity issue on my server, so I've moved hosting for t (working) games back to my system. If you are running any of the following games and are interested in linking up to the Inter-BBS network, go ahead an update your game files from Synchronet CVS and read the updated interbbs.doc files.

NOTE: the default for these games is now to connect to localhost, rather tha to my system, so if you update, you may have to re-edit those files, but tha all explained in the docs.

Boggle
    Star Stocks
    Uberblox
    Maze Race
    Synchronetris
    Tradewars II

Tank Battle
    Sea Battle

There are a few other games that are fun also, though they are not Inter-BBS

Chicken Delivery
    Gooble
    DiceWarz 1

I believe chess, dicewarz 2, and scrabble are going to be ready soon as well and I'll post something in here when that happens.

-MCMLXXIX

It would probably help if I put the server information in the message:

bbs.thebrokenbubble.com

Also, I forgot to mention another good game, Fatfish, which has interbbs scoring and is one of the more interesting games out there.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The BRoKEN BuBBLE (MDJ.ATH.CX)