• PCMCIA networking card needed

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to All on Wed Apr 27 00:21:11 2016
    Hey everybody. Just curious as to whether or not anybody might have a 802.11b capable network (802.11g, etc etc) card that I could use for this laptop that I've got here. It's a pretty old beastie, and I'm really not able to use it as well as I want with only the wired network interface. I can't even really use it well at the place where I have hack night with a couple of tech friends due to the kids that are running around and constantly in jeopardy of tripping over the ethernet cable tethering my machine.
    If anybody's got one that they'd like to get rid of for a low price, please let me know. I really can't afford a newer computer or a USB dongle for it right now.
    Much appreciated!

-D/K

---
    Borg Burgers: We do it our way; your way is irrelevant.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet://tinfoil.synchro.net
  • From Knight@VERT/PHUNC to Khelair on Wed Apr 27 04:03:14 2016
    Re: PCMCIA networking card needed
    By: Khelair to All on Tue Apr 26 2016 08:21 pm

Hey everybody. Just curious as to whether or not anybody might have a 802.11b capable network (802.11g, etc etc) card that I could use for this laptop that I've got here. It's a pretty old beastie, and I'm really not able to use it as well as I want with only the wired network interface. I can't even really use it well at the place where I have hack night with a couple of tech friends due to the kids that are running around and constantly in jeopardy of tripping over the ethernet cable tethering my machine.
    If anybody's got one that they'd like to get rid of for a low price, please let me know. I really can't afford a newer computer or a USB dongle for it right now.

You can buy them for under $5 on eBay or dx.com. Cheap chinese 802.11b USB devices, and they're smaller than a thumbdrive.

Knight

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Phunc BBS -- Back from the dead! -- telnet to bbs.phunc.com
  • From tracker1@VERT/TRNTEST to Khelair on Sat Apr 30 21:49:28 2016
    Hey everybody. Just curious as to whether or not anybody might have a
    802.11b capable network (802.11g, etc etc) card that I could use for this laptop that I've got here. It's a pretty old beastie, and I'm really not able to use it as well as I want with only the wired network interface. I can't even really use it well at the place where I have hack night with a couple of tech friends due to the kids that are running around and constantly in jeopardy of tripping over the ethernet cable tethering my machine.
    If anybody's got one that they'd like to get rid of for a low price, please let me know. I really can't afford a newer computer or a USB
    dongle
    for it right now.
    Much appreciated!

Where are you located? (Where in the country?)

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN725N-Wireless-Adapter- 150Mbps/dp/B008IFXQFU/

--
    Michael J. Ryan
    tracker1(at)gmail.com
    +o Roughneck BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ RoughneckBBS - http://www.roughneckbbs.com/