• Looking for a good mic.

From Morden@VERT/MASQBBS to All on Sat Feb 12 09:49:44 2011
    I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why research the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.

Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording? I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy equipment or anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

|12|24- |48|15Morden

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Masquerade BBS - http://www.masqueradebbs.com
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Morden on Mon Feb 14 17:53:34 2011
    Re: Looking for a good mic.
    By: Morden to All on Sat Feb 12 2011 04:49 am

I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why research the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.

Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording? I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy
    equipment or anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

What's too expensive? Is it just for PC recording? Do you need stereo or is mono okay?

I haven't used any USB mics, but if I were doing podcasts, that's what I use. Like this one from Blue: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blue-Snowball-USB-Microphone?sku=2 79015

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #138:
    Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows coffee.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From art@VERT/FATCATS to Morden on Thu Feb 17 23:01:32 2011
    By: Morden to All on Sat Feb 12 2011 04:49:44

Hi Morden,

I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why research
    the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.
    Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording? I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy equipment or
    anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

We recently got the Presonus 1 Box which includes a fairly decent microphone which can go in via USB using the AudioBox.

http://www.production-room.com/presonus/presonus-1box/

It may be overkill if you're only planning on recording speech.

Hope that helps,
    ________________ _______
    \_____ __ \ ___\
    \ __ \ <_ \ @ fatcats[dot]poorcoding[dot]com
    \_______\___\___\___\ ------------------------------------
    f a t c a t s b b s

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ fatcats bbs - http://fatcats.poorcoding.com
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Morden on Sun Feb 20 02:20:37 2011

I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why resear the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.

Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording? I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy equipment anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

|12|24- |48|15Morden

A Shure would do you just fine. Unidirectional should do the trick for you.
    I'm not sure on prices though.
    $ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Blueknight@VERT to The Millionaire on Sat Jun 11 14:28:29 2011

I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why resear the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking
    for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to
    be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.

Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording?
    I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy equipment anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

|12|24- |48|15Morden

A Shure would do you just fine. Unidirectional should do the trick for you. I'm not sure on prices though.
    $ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

I have quite a collection of mics. If you need live apps or studio.

let me know what you need and your budget.

I have some great studio condensers on hand.

blueknight

---

---
  • From Blueknight@VERT to The Millionaire on Mon Jun 20 00:48:58 2011

I've never actually looked into microphones before, so I thought "why resear the subject myself, when I can simply ask others". I'm looking
    for something that would work for voice recording on a PC. I'd like to
    be able to record quality speech for once, since the headset microphones simply suck.

Does any of you have some experience with speech / podcast recording?
    I'm looking for something simple that I could use with my PC. No fancy equipment anything. Preferably not too expensive, either.

|12|24- |48|15Morden

A Shure would do you just fine. Unidirectional should do the trick for you. I'm not sure on prices though.
    $ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

If you happen to be still around, and still interested, I have on hand only 3 of these and they have 12 hours of use on them in tamdem on a couple of gigs. these will be quite adequate with their super capsules and phantom voltage. my price unconditionally and guaranteed product is 55 bux each.

"Old school tube mellow" is often used to describe the sound of the V67G. Designed mainly for vocals, the V67G combines Class A FET circuitry and a transformer/coupled output for an open and pure sound. The V67G comes through with killer vocals even in front of a busy mix and has great stage appeal with a gold-plated round grill and distinctive, vintage body. You'll be amazed by the sound this cleverly-designed microphone provides and pleasantly pleased with the price of 55 bux each.

ò Comes complete with mic stand adapter
    ò Transformer-balanced output for smooth sound
    ò Gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
    ò Solid state preamp
    ò Optional MXL-57 isolation shockmount available
    ò 3-year warranty

---

---