• Re: What music do you guy

From metalhead@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Sun Dec 4 10:59:00 2016
    I like Cafe Music and yeah. Also classical music is nice.

What does cafe music mean to you? What country are you from?

Classical almost always sounds great! It's kind of distracting for me, when
    I'm concentrating on something. I listen to all kinds of jazz, and I always love it, but I'm getting a little sick of all the Christmas jazz that's been
    on the air lately.

I went to a public university, and I attended as many of the student concerts as possible. It was always "classical" music, and I loved it. It was a very old, rustic school, so the venues were always interesting to look at, too.

I attended a bunch of their plays too, and the music was usually more thrilling than the drama. There were musicians sitting near the front of the audience playing all the music to accompany the plays. Those were good times!

I'm trying to convince my family to check these things out with me now, but they are all too attracted to pop, and also sick of my jazz playing all the time. One of these days, I'm going to get super-baked and go check out a concert at the local university here in Binghamton, NY.

Assuming you live in USA (I don't know?) I strongly recommend checking with your local university's music department for a schedule of their concerts. Students are kick ass musicians, in my experiences. Tickets are usually cheap too, like $10 or less, and if it's anything like it was at my university,
    they will rock you!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Alcoholiday / Est. 1995 / alco.bbs.io
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Sun Dec 4 23:25:05 2016
    metalhead wrote:
    De> I like Cafe Music and yeah. Also classical music is nice.

Classical almost always sounds great! It's kind of distracting for me, when I'm concentrating on something. I listen to all kinds of jazz, and I always love it, but I'm getting a little sick of all the Christmas jazz that's been on the air lately.

I went to a public university, and I attended as many of the student concerts as possible. It was always "classical" music, and I loved it. It was a very old, rustic school, so the venues were always interesting to look at, too.

I attended a bunch of their plays too, and the music was usually more thrilling
    than the drama. There were musicians sitting near the front of the audience playing all the music to accompany the plays. Those were good times!

I'm trying to convince my family to check these things out with me now, but they are all too attracted to pop, and also sick of my jazz playing all the time. One of these days, I'm going to get super-baked and go check out a concert at the local university here in Binghamton, NY.

Assuming you live in USA (I don't know?) I strongly recommend checking with your local university's music department for a schedule of their concerts. Students are kick ass musicians, in my experiences. Tickets are usually cheap too, like $10 or less, and if it's anything like it was at my university, they will rock you!

Super-baked. Wow, umh, not gonna say "good for you" because it ain't.
    But ok.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Electronic Warfare BBS | telnet://bbs.ewbbs.net
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Sun Dec 4 23:25:18 2016
    metalhead wrote:

Classical almost always sounds great! It's kind of distracting for me, when I'm concentrating on something. I listen to all kinds of jazz, and I always love it, but I'm getting a little sick of all the Christmas jazz that's been on the air lately.

than the drama. There were musicians sitting near the front of the audience playing all the music to accompany the plays. Those were good times!

Assuming you live in USA (I don't know?) I strongly recommend checking with your local university's music department for a schedule of their concerts. Students are kick ass musicians, in my experiences. Tickets are usually cheap too, like $10 or less, and if it's anything like it was at my university, they will rock you!

I'm from ZA. A.k.a Land of fuk-bois

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Sun Dec 4 23:28:03 2016
    metalhead wrote:

I think to enjoy music you don't need to be baked. Atleast not for me.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Sun Dec 4 23:28:36 2016
    metalhead wrote:

A channel on youtube called BGM music. Let me get the link..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJhjE7wbdYAae1G25m0tHAA

---
  • From metalhead@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Tue Dec 6 23:22:00 2016

Can you be more specific? I'm uncomfortable with googling that 2nd part for some reason.

• From metalhead@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Tue Dec 6 23:23:00 2016

It helps you focus on topics.

• From metalhead@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Tue Dec 6 23:26:00 2016

Thanks! I like the clip they played when I followed this link. So I guess
    cafe music is another way to describe jazz?

• From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to metalhead on Wed Dec 7 01:24:14 2016
    Re: Re: What music do you guy
    By: metalhead to Deavmi on Tue Dec 06 2016 06:22 pm

Can you be more specific? I'm uncomfortable with googling that 2nd part for some reason.

LOL, afraid of what pictures might pop up :-)

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Thu Dec 8 02:47:47 2016
    On 2016-12-06 08:26 PM, metalhead wrote:

Thanks! I like the clip they played when I followed this link. So I guess cafe music is another way to describe jazz?

I guess so.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Electronic Warfare BBS | telnet://bbs.ewbbs.net
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Thu Dec 8 02:49:15 2016
    On 2016-12-06 08:26 PM, metalhead wrote:

Thanks! I like the clip they played when I followed this link. So I guess cafe music is another way to describe jazz?

Yeah, it's a type of jazz. Usually no vocals and very chilled.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Thu Dec 8 02:49:32 2016
    On 2016-12-06 08:23 PM, metalhead wrote:

It helps you focus on topics.

Nah man.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to metalhead on Thu Dec 8 02:49:56 2016
    On 2016-12-06 08:22 PM, metalhead wrote:

No. It's just South Africa. It's a shithole though.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to kk4qbn on Thu Dec 8 02:50:05 2016
    On 2016-12-07 03:24 AM, kk4qbn wrote:

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    � Synchronet � KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US

Of course.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to kk4qbn on Thu Dec 8 02:50:27 2016
    On 2016-12-07 03:24 AM, kk4qbn wrote:

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    � Synchronet � KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US

I was only making a joke with words however South Africa is still a shit
    hole.

---
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to Deavmi on Wed Dec 7 23:26:17 2016
    By: Deavmi to kk4qbn on Wed Dec 07 2016 09:50 pm

I was only making a joke with words however South Africa is still a shit hole.

Well, at times I can say the same for NorthWest GA, for some parts that is.. but others I love and would feel lonely without.

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US
  • From Zero Reader@VERT/ALKY to Digital Man on Sat Dec 10 15:34:00 2016
    On 12/09/16, Digital Man said the following...

etc., I was appauled at the waste of bandwidth: sending the video (often just a still photo or lyric slides) over the Internet/4G network to
    their phone and they're not even watching it (just listening)! But they don't know/care about wasted bits, just convenience. Now I do it too on

Unless the image is changing a lot during the track, the waste is probably negligible thanks to video compression!

• From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to Zero Reader on Sun Dec 11 18:01:03 2016
    On 2016-12-10 12:34 PM, Zero Reader wrote:

etc., I was appauled at the waste of bandwidth: sending the video (often just a still photo or lyric slides) over the Internet/4G network to their phone and they're not even watching it (just listening)! But they don't know/care about wasted bits, just convenience. Now I do it too on

Unless the image is changing a lot during the track, the waste is probably negligible thanks to video compression!

Yes. It only has to hold 1 frame and then instructions to repeat it -
    I'd assume something like that. Rather than uncompressed (or shitty
    encoding scheme) which stores all frames (even though they are the same)
    and plays them.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to Zero Reader on Sun Dec 11 18:01:22 2016

etc., I was appauled at the waste of bandwidth: sending the video (often just a still photo or lyric slides) over the Internet/4G network to their phone and they're not even watching it (just listening)! But they don't know/care about wasted bits, just convenience. Now I do it too on

That's why I was thinking about this to be some what a bad argument.

---
  • From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to Zero Reader on Sun Dec 11 18:01:46 2016

Even lyric videos with static backgrounds are fun. Unless it's speed
    rapping with a big font size.

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to All on Sun Dec 11 21:14:04 2016
    By: Deavmi to Zero Reader on Sun Dec 11 2016 01:01 pm

Unless the image is changing a lot during the track, the waste is
    probably negligible thanks to video compression!

my gf's daughter uses youtube for music and videos on her phone and one month she had 20gigs of data usage.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Zero Reader@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Mon Dec 12 01:41:00 2016
    On 12/11/16, Deavmi said the following...

Yes. It only has to hold 1 frame and then instructions to repeat it -
    I'd assume something like that. Rather than uncompressed (or shitty encoding scheme) which stores all frames (even though they are the same) and plays them.

Exactly! If the video content moves, there has to be keyframes inserted,
    which takes up space/bandwidth.

• From Deavmi@VERT/EWBBS to Mro on Mon Dec 12 19:16:58 2016
    On 2016-12-12 12:14 AM, Mro wrote:
    By: Deavmi to Zero Reader on Sun Dec 11 2016 01:01 pm

my gf's daughter uses youtube for music and videos on her phone and one month she had 20gigs of data usage.
    ---
    � Synchronet � ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

dayum son

---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to thumper on Thu Mar 2 23:57:00 2017
    Just about any Floyd is fine with me, but partial to Meddle, Wish You
    Were Here and Dark Side Of The Moon....

Three of my favorites. A lot of folks I grew up with only seemed to really like "The Wall" and "Animals" - the darker stuff. I like it all, but my favorite was when you could pretty much tell that all of them were
    contributing somehow. So, I prefer the older stuff, like "Echoes." Wish is
    my favorite. Even thought they were supposedly starting not to get along
    then, they created something awesome with that one.

Later-day critics have panned Atom Heart Mother, but I like that one a lot also. Relics, too.

... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate
    --- MultiMail/IBMPcDos v0.43
    ■ Synchronet ■ CCO BBS * capcity2.synchro.net * 1-502-875-8938
  • From Deavmi@VERT/KK4QBN to Zero Reader on Sat Mar 25 08:00:24 2017
    By: Zero Reader to Deavmi on Sun Dec 11 2016 08:41 pm

On 12/11/16, Deavmi said the following...

Yes. It only has to hold 1 frame and then instructions to repeat it - I'd assume something like that. Rather than uncompressed (or shitty encoding scheme) which stores all frames (even though they are the same
    )
    and plays them.

Exactly! If the video content moves, there has to be keyframes inserted, which takes up space/bandwidth.

When I want to concentrate I like Slavic Hard Bass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzMPrLaPPc .

+==========+

Regards,
    Tristan B. Kildaire (Deavmi)

Email: deavmi@ewbbs.synchro.net; deavmi@kk4qbn.synchro.net

+==========+

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN + (706)-422-9538 + kk4qbn.synchro.net + 24/7/365
  • From Zero Reader@VERT/ALKY to Deavmi on Sat Mar 25 14:25:00 2017
    On 03/25/17, Deavmi said the following...

When I want to concentrate I like Slavic Hard Bass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imzMPrLaPPc .

I'm actually about to leave to trade in my old Strat to buy a bass... haha! Fate.

KK4 eh? Me too.