• Radio

From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to All on Mon Jan 10 18:21:00 2005
    Do they have a free or cheap service that you can upload some songs to a storage area that are played 24/7? Even if they insert adverts, that's cool. I just don't want to run a shoutcast server.

Is this what you guys use NetJuke for? If so what's the bandwidth cost?

Thanks,
    ---TLM

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Nite Eyes BBS 24/7 Doors/Message Bases/C=64 niteeyes.etowns.net
  • From Belly@VERT/BRAZINET to The Lizard Master on Tue Jan 11 01:10:00 2005
    Re: Radio
    By: The Lizard Master to All on Mon Jan 10 2005 01:21 pm

Do they have a free or cheap service that you can upload some songs to a storage area that are played 24/7? Even if they insert adverts, that's cool just don't want to run a shoutcast server.

I remember Live365.com ... but I think they were just a re-streamer for shoutcast, and lately I think they have moved to some proprietary streaming protocol.

Netjuke is just a set of PHP scripts for running a web-based jukebox. You need a Linux or Windows box, Apache, and MySQL to run it. Mine streams full-quality mp3s to machines on my LAN, and re-encodes them to medium-bitrate mono for streaming over the Internet. The bandwidth is mine.

I probably wasn't much help. Sorry.

_________
    o
    (O)
    BeLLy
    ─────────

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ **** BraziBBS: bbs.brazi.net ****
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Belly on Tue Jan 11 05:11:00 2005
    By: Belly to The Lizard Master on Mon Jan 10 2005 08:10 pm

Do they have a free or cheap service that you can upload some songs to a storage area that are played 24/7? Even if they insert adverts, that's c just don't want to run a shoutcast server.

I remember Live365.com ... but I think they were just a re-streamer for shoutcast, and lately I think they have moved to some proprietary streaming protocol.

Netjuke is just a set of PHP scripts for running a web-based jukebox. You ne a Linux or Windows box, Apache, and MySQL to run it. Mine streams full-quali mp3s to machines on my LAN, and re-encodes them to medium-bitrate mono for streaming over the Internet. The bandwidth is mine.

I probably wasn't much help. Sorry.

Nah that's cool, I just briefly looked that the site and I got the gist it was really for local use only. How much of it is a hit to your upload bandwidth?

---TLM

---
  • From Belly@VERT/BRAZINET to The Lizard Master on Wed Jan 12 01:03:00 2005
    By: The Lizard Master to Belly on Tue Jan 11 2005 12:11 am

Nah that's cool, I just briefly looked that the site and I got the gist it w really for local use only. How much of it is a hit to your upload bandwidth

My reencodes are VBR, capped at 80kbps. Most songs hover 64-70kbps, so I can get 3 simultaneous streams from my 256k upstream at home with no problem... Of course, if I have a torrent going, that takes a chunk out, too.

_________
    o
    (O)
    BeLLy
    ─────────

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ **** BraziBBS: bbs.brazi.net ****
  • From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Belly on Wed Jan 12 04:14:00 2005
    By: Belly to The Lizard Master on Tue Jan 11 2005 08:03 pm

Nah that's cool, I just briefly looked that the site and I got the gist i really for local use only. How much of it is a hit to your upload bandwi

My reencodes are VBR, capped at 80kbps. Most songs hover 64-70kbps, so I can get 3 simultaneous streams from my 256k upstream at home with no problem... course, if I have a torrent going, that takes a chunk out, too.

I'm trying out Jetcast. Seems to work okay except it just stopped in the middle of the song list while I was jamming at work today... We'll see.

http://www.funkymunkyz.com:9000/ (you need to open it in winamp or windows media player, otherwise it opens a webpage telling you what is playing).

---TLM

---