• Game consoles

From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Access Denied on Sun Oct 27 14:59:57 2013
    Re: Re: HEY GUYS
    By: Access Denied to Albiert Pike on Thu Oct 24 2013 20:53:00

I don't compare much between the two. I'm sure they're both stellar systems. I owned the original XBox, and then switched to a PS3. Just wanted to try them both out.

The only thing I do like better about Playstation is that you don't have to pay for a service to play games online.

I think having to pay for a service to play games online would be a deal breaker for me. Although I like gaming, I don't play any games regularly enough to justify paying a service to play it online. That's why I've never gotten into subscription games like World of Warcraft and such.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sun Oct 27 19:11:25 2013
    Re: Game consoles
    By: Nightfox to Access Denied on Sun Oct 27 2013 10:59 am

enough to justify paying a service to play it online. That's why I've
    never gotten into subscription games like World of Warcraft and such.

with subscription games [hopefully], all that money allows things to stay fresh because of continuous development.

the problem is, some of these games have clowns in charge of what happens to what and they end up using people as guinea pigs on the person's dime.

with wow they would 'break' a class and then watch it and see how many people would leave it and what class they would pick up next.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Access Denied@VERT/DSORROW to Nightfox on Mon Oct 28 02:44:00 2013
    I think having to pay for a service to play games online would be a deal breaker for me. Although I like gaming, I don't play any games regularly enough to justify paying a service to play it online. That's why I've never gotten into subscription games like World of Warcraft and such.

Same here. I play a few good ones when they come out, but usually fade away from it once it becomes somewhat repetitive.

As for the subscription games, I just haven't gotten into them because I'm
    not a fan of MMORPGs. I like action packed FPS games usually, and that's
    about it. What little time I have for gaming, I just grab what interests me
    the most and stick with it. I've tried a few oddballs recently like Portal
    and soon to give Portal 2 a shot, since I slammed through the first one in about 4 hours. :)

Regards,
    Nick

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A38 (Linux)
    * Origin: Dark Sorrow | telnet://bbs.darksorrow.us