• Re: Big Tobacco

From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Mro on Mon Jul 21 16:25:15 2014
    Re: CNN Breaking News
    By: Mro to CNN Breaking News on Sat Jul 19 2014 22:07:11

Cynthia Robinson claimed that smoking killed her husband, Michael Johnson in 1996. She argued R.J. Reynolds was negligent in not informing him that nicotine is addictive and smoking can cause lung cancer. Johnson started smoking when he was 13 and died of lung cancer when he was 36. <br> <br>

oh that's bullshit

Yeah, just like their targetting of advertisements to teens is bullshit, right? Might as well let 'em keep all of that money, influence,
    and power over the market, I guess. No WAY any of the people that've died from it deserve it, nor the family they've left behind.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This need not feel so strange; pay attention to Lady
    Liberty's Anklets, if you're so inclined.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet or ssh -p 2222 to tinfoil.synchro.net
  • From The Curmudgeon@VERT/TCP to Khelair on Tue Jul 22 15:15:00 2014
    Yeah, just like their targetting of advertisements to teens is bullshit, right? Might as well let 'em keep all of that money,

As is the advertising of alcohol to the younger set right?

influence, and power over the market, I guess. No WAY any of the people that've died from it deserve it, nor the family they've left behind.

You're right yet, we've all known for years the adverse effects of tobacco not only cigarettes but chewing tobacco as well. Were you aware that a lot of those canned snuff and chewing tobacco have small bits of glass to cut into
    the tender tissue of the mouth to therefor deliver the nicotine quicker? You have to be some kind of idiot to use the products and then blame "Big Tobacco" for your health problems when , like I said before, we've all know for years the potential health problems it may or may not cause.

Hey but there is no way a family should have to suffer from the Alcohol abuse either, whether it be from an alcholic spouse, parent or whatever. Not to mention the drunk driver that ends a life because he's driving impaired. Then we go into the scenerio where we also have the drug abusers and the problems they create for themselves and their loved ones.

No, no family should have to put up with untimely deaths on any account and
    yet it happens all the time. If you know all the dangers and potential health risks it's your choice and or responsibility not "Big Tobacco", "Big Beer" or "Big Pharm"

Greetings from a Conservative Republican and dammed proud of it!

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A51 (Windows)
    * Origin: The Curmudgeon's place <curmudge.hopto.org> (33:1/5)
    ■ Synchronet ■ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to The Curmudgeon on Wed Jul 23 04:33:46 2014
    Re: Re: Big Tobacco
    By: The Curmudgeon to Khelair on Tue Jul 22 2014 11:15:00

Yeah, just like their targetting of advertisements to teens is bullshit, right? Might as well let 'em keep all of that money,

As is the advertising of alcohol to the younger set right?

Believe me, I hate that one, on par equalling, at least, that of tobacco marketing. Tobacco kills individuals, and they have family that grieves, and lives. Alcohol rips families to shreds, destroys lives and
    kills violently; it's not a soft kill with an easy explanation. It causes rape, incest, murder, and all of this _randomly_ thanks to the lack of inhibition that occurs along with it. I know addiction, and a lot of the chemistry and neurochemistry behind it, fairly well. I'm mor than happy
    to continue in this vein, though.

influence, and power over the market, I guess. No WAY any of the peopl that've died from it deserve it, nor the family they've left behind.

You're right yet, we've all known for years the adverse effects of tobacco not only cigarettes but chewing tobacco as well. Were you aware that a lot those canned snuff and chewing tobacco have small bits of glass to cut into the tender tissue of the mouth to therefor deliver the nicotine quicker? Yo have to be some kind of idiot to use the products and then blame "Big Tobacc for your health problems when , like I said before, we've all know for years the potential health problems it may or may not cause.

The lack of multi-generational bonding in the lower classes, as
    I've seen in New England, the upper midwest, Cali, Yuma (one of the worst)
    AZ, and a few other airports or gas stations along the way, is lacking due
    to materialism exploiting the lower classes and causing them to have to
    work more and more hours. You don't need to call this a conspiracy, it's fact. You don't need to say that it's connected to advertising of
    addictive substances, no... You cannot deny the correlations between
    broken homes, due to lack of ability to maintain those vital family connections in so many, such a staggeringly huge, percentage of homes
    these days, and people that just don't have fucking hope. So they do what
    it takes to take the pain away. Maybe that's an endorphine rush from a cigarette, maybe it's lack of inhibitions and carnal pleasure before the blackouts start in or violent tendencies from repressed pains from booze. People will do anything to make pointlessness, uselessness, and perceived unimportance, to go away. They are denied the love that a human being
    needs to be well adjusted, and it's Just The Way It Is(tm) in the USA and
    UK.

Hey but there is no way a family should have to suffer from the Alcohol abu either, whether it be from an alcholic spouse, parent or whatever. Not to mention the drunk driver that ends a life because he's driving impaired. The we go into the scenerio where we also have the drug abusers and the problems they create for themselves and their loved ones.

Look up how Amsterdam deals with its seriously addicted people.
    It's not a crime. It's a medical condition. They TREAT them, without prejudice, scorn, or controlist freaks pushing God rhetoric down your
    throat. They try to brainwash you in the USA, and more than half the time they're doing it while you're in prison or jail for nothing more than
    trying to live with a little less pain. Except alcohol... that causes
    way too much random violence. Prohibition shouldn't be instated; too much organized crime (or does the government totally have the monopoly on that now?). There should be other, better, safer, and healthier options
    available. I've been to Amsterdam 3 times, back when mushrooms and peyote were still legal there, man.

No, no family should have to put up with untimely deaths on any account and yet it happens all the time. If you know all the dangers and potential heal risks it's your choice and or responsibility not "Big Tobacco", "Big Beer" o "Big Pharm"

Not when you've felt you're not worth saving from an early age.
    Yeah, everybody SHOULD understand that, but just like the military
    exploits these down and out people for troops to fight unjust wars, the
    big addictive product sellers also exploit them. Besides, they're a big nuisance. Why not help them die off a little faster?

This need not feel so strange; pay attention to Lady
    Liberty's Anklets, if you're so inclined.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet or ssh -p 2222 to tinfoil.synchro.net