• UK Fight blind

From Tired@VERT/AMBERBBS to CNN Breaking News on Sat Sep 27 14:04:25 2014
    Re: CNN Breaking News
    By: CNN Breaking News to textbreakingnews@ema3lsv0 on Fri Sep 26 2014 12:41 pm

British lawmakers meeting in emergency session approved a motion today to participate in airstrikes against ISIS targets in Iraq.

The 524-43 vote came after Prime Minister David Cameron told Parliament that the country had a "duty to take part" in international efforts to combat the extremist group.

"This is not a threat on the far side of the world," he said, but one that menaces European nations directly.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com[1] and CNN Mobile.

[1] http://www.cnn.com

I think its insane that the majority vote was to go back into iraq. It's as if we've learned nothing in the past decade and a half. Wont this military action just serve to further the radicalisation of British youth? And prompt more retaliation from terrorist cells? Is dropping more bombs in the middle east really going to help anyone other than the military industrial complex and it's war economy? I don't think so.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Amber BBS telnet://amberbbs.com
  • From Khelair@VERT/TINFOIL to Tired on Sat Sep 27 15:53:45 2014
    Re: UK Fight blind
    By: Tired to CNN Breaking News on Sat Sep 27 2014 10:04:25

I think its insane that the majority vote was to go back into iraq. It's as if we've learned nothing in the past decade and a half. Wont this military action just serve to further the radicalisation of British youth? And prompt more retaliation from terrorist cells? Is dropping more bombs in the middle east really going to help anyone other than the military industrial complex and it's war economy? I don't think so.

It is absolutely insane, yes. What really puts it into perspective when you see it are some of the videos, that've never gained mainstream media attention, of course, that show people _in these parliaments and chambers_ that actually stand up and denounce the behavior of everyone around them. If you haven't seen any of them, I'd be glad to do the research and dig a few of the gems I've seen up. They have a very common theme, though. Nobody wants to cross the USA. Everybody gets paid, _well_, if they go along with what the USA wants, and everybody is pretty mortally afraid of what'll happen if they don't. There's not a people that still make it to that high of a level in government with that much integrity. I think that's pretty obvious round most of the world at this point. It's refreshing to see a few people standing up and saying that, though. There was one PM in Belgium that literally went off telling his fellow PMs that they should be [verbatim] 'fucking ashamed of themselves', in the midst of his ~10+ minute rant, and another one in the UK's or maybe Scotland's government (not sure if Scotland's government is even set up like that, the way things are now, but if it wasn't there and not the UK it must've been Ireland). Regardless she wasn't swearing, but she went into a massively eloquent rant that laid everything that everyone else was afraid to address on the table, and you could see the shame on the surrounding members' faces as their selling out was laid on their plates.
    We live in a world, IMO, very much like the one that existed in the early 1940s in Europe, where everybody was afraid to confront Germany. The only thing that caused that to work so well was that it was a small country, with limited arms. We basically own everything now, by hook, crook, or raw dominion. We've got the bombs. Look at our defense budget graphed against the next dozen runners up. We own the world, and we _will_, quite obviously, crush anyone that we want. Nobody thinks they've got a chance against us, and they're probably right, even if they unite (unless maybe they pull it off just right, and via stealth and assassination). The only chance to make the world somewhat hospitable to 'freedom' again, IMO, is going to come from when the citizens from within rise up against this bullshit, if they ever see through the smoke, mirrors, and propaganda.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Tinfoil Tetrahedron BBS telnet or ssh -p 2222 to tinfoil.synchro.net