• if you live here in California VOTE YES on Prop 6

From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to All on Sat Oct 6 03:30:05 2018
    Lets shut down sacramento's ability to put taxes on Gasoline.

VOTE YES on Prop 6

and Vote for John Cox for Governer.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ the Outwest BBS - outwestbbs.com - Email denn@outwestbbs.com
  • From Jagossel@VERT/FRUGALBB to Roadhog on Sat Oct 6 12:42:53 2018
    Re: if you live here in California VOTE YES on Prop 6
    By: Roadhog to All on Fri Oct 05 2018 11:30 pm

VOTE YES on Prop 6

I don't live in California, but I looked up John Cox just to see what he's all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was so bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did not believe it, still having a hard time believing it. I guess it is a real problem; I wouldn't know because I am clear across the other side of the country: South Carolina.

I wish we had an option to stop fuel taxes. One of the new taxes that had been added was a progressive fuel taxes to fund better repairs of our roads here. This new tax law also increases property taxes on vehicles as well: raising the maximum from $300 per vehicle to $500 per vehicle. That's ome thing that I wasn't happy about what Nikki Haley allowed our state leglislators to do before she left to be the U.S. Ambassidor to the U.N. Otherwise, I was pretty happy with what she did and allowed.

-jag
    Code it, Script it, Automate it!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Frugal Computing BBS - frugalbbs.com
  • From Denn@VERT/OUTWEST to Jagossel on Mon Oct 15 03:54:37 2018
    By: Jagossel to Roadhog on Sat Oct 06 2018 08:42 am

By: Roadhog to All on Fri Oct 05 2018 11:30 pm

VOTE YES on Prop 6

I don't live in California, but I looked up John Cox just to see what he's all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was so bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did not believe it, still having a hard time believing it. I guess it is a real problem; I wouldn't know because I am clear across the other side of the

I Myself Live in Utah and have heard how bad Sanfrancisco has become with poop on the streets everywhere, there is even a poop ap for your phone so you can avoid the poop.
    I don't know much about john cox I heard him on Hannity the other day.

... His ears made him look like a taxicab with both doors open.

---
  • From Jagossel@VERT/MTLGEEK to Denn on Mon Oct 15 12:13:25 2018
    By: Denn to Jagossel on Sun Oct 14 2018 23:54:37

I Myself Live in Utah and have heard how bad Sanfrancisco has become with po on the streets everywhere, there is even a poop ap for your phone so you can avoid the poop.

<facepalm> An app? I guess the saying, "there's an app for that" really applies to today.

On to the original subject... I've been hearing on the news that other cities are becoming that way as well; I just don't recall which ones, and it left me the impression that these cities are not in California.

-jag
    Code it, Script it, Automate it!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Denn on Mon Oct 15 14:02:31 2018
    By: Denn to Jagossel on Sun Oct 14 2018 11:54 pm

I Myself Live in Utah and have heard how bad Sanfrancisco has become with poop on the streets everywhere, there is even a poop ap for your phone so you can avoid the poop.
    I don't know much about john cox I heard him on Hannity the other day.

I haven't visited San Francisco, but I just heard something about this in the news. It's an expensive place to live, and apparently even in some of the more upscale neighborhoods, you can pay a lot to live there and still deal with the smell of feces.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to Jagossel on Fri Nov 2 03:28:30 2018

all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was so bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did not believe it, still having a hard time believing it. I guess it is a real problem; I wouldn't know because I am clear across the other side of the country: South Carolina.

It's a real and horrible Problem, started with san fran and now it's common place in LA and other places, the Progressives hand out drug needles at 20 new needles for one used returned needle, So we are left to literally to step in Human sh*t and step on used drug needles.
    Our Politians suck.

I wish we had an option to stop fuel taxes. One of the new taxes that had been added was a progressive fuel taxes to fund better repairs of our roads here. This new tax law also increases property taxes on vehicles as well: raising the maximum from $300 per vehicle to $500 per vehicle.

Here they raised our taxes in I believe 2002 on Gas with the promise it was to fix and build new roads, Then the Legislature stole every cent and used it elseware, then in 2006 they hit us with another huge Gas tax to fix and build new roads and even passed a bill that supposedly put a lockbox on this tax that could only be spent on new roads and road repair, then they stole that and used it all for other things.
    and now for the third time they raised our Gas taxes for roads and transportation, Prop 6 is to repeal this latest Gas tax.
    they also hit us with another vehicle tax.
    Walefare for Illeagle Aliens and Government Pensions are bankrupting California.
    Trump could make Mexico pay for the wall by making it Illeagle for Illeagle Alians to recieve welfare.
    The Idiots here want to get us out of cars and into mass transit,

---
  • From Thumper@VERT/THEWASTE to Roadhog on Mon Nov 5 18:46:00 2018
    Roadhog wrote to Jagossel <=-

all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was so bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did not believe it, still having a hard time believing it. I guess it is a real problem; I wouldn't know because I am clear across the other side of the country: South Carolina.

It's a real and horrible Problem, started with san fran and now it's common place in LA and other places, the Progressives hand out drug needles at 20 new needles for one used returned needle, So we are left
    to literally to step in Human sh*t and step on used drug needles.
    Our Politians suck.

I wish we had an option to stop fuel taxes. One of the new taxes that had been added was a progressive fuel taxes to fund better repairs of our roads here. This new tax law also increases property taxes on vehicles as well: raising the maximum from $300 per vehicle to $500 per vehicle.

Here they raised our taxes in I believe 2002 on Gas with the promise it was to fix and build new roads, Then the Legislature stole every cent
    and used it elseware, then in 2006 they hit us with another huge Gas
    tax to fix and build new roads and even passed a bill that supposedly
    put a lockbox on this tax that could only be spent on new roads and
    road repair, then they stole that and used it all for other things.
    and now for the third time they raised our Gas taxes for roads and transportation, Prop 6 is to repeal this latest Gas tax.
    they also hit us with another vehicle tax.
    Walefare for Illeagle Aliens and Government Pensions are bankrupting California.
    Trump could make Mexico pay for the wall by making it Illeagle for Illeagle Alians to recieve welfare.
    The Idiots here want to get us out of cars and into mass transit,

Lets not forget the gas "taxes" due to Moonbeams cap & trade scam....

... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Wastelands BBS, Copperopolis, CA
  • From Matthew Munson@VERT/IUTOPIA to JAGOSSEL on Sun Nov 11 17:51:00 2018
    JAGOSSEL wrote to ROADHOG <=-
    I don't live in California, but I looked up John Cox just to see what
    he's all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was
    so bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did not believe it, still having a hard time believing it. I guess it is a real problem; I wouldn't know because I am clear across the other side
    of the country: South Carolina.

Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fransisco has had some real bad issues with human waste issues.
    San Fransisco has even maps where you can find the places with the poop issues.

I wish we had an option to stop fuel taxes. One of the new taxes that
    had been added was a progressive fuel taxes to fund better repairs of
    our roads here. This new tax law also increases property taxes on
    vehicles as well: raising the maximum from $300 per vehicle to $500 per vehicle. That's ome thing that I wasn't happy about what Nikki Haley allowed our state leglislators to do before she left to be the U.S. Ambassidor to the U.N. Otherwise, I was pretty happy with what she did
    and allowed.
    They did the same thing with SB1 which Proposition 6 intended to repeal. For some
    these new fees are severely regressive when it comes to the vehichle plate
    ees.

It was not a fun election for a California Republican. I got 7 percent less of the vote
    I got in 2014. I think it was a likely response to President Trump. he sadly is killing us in states such as mine.
    ---
    ■ wcQWK 7.0
  • From Hustler@VERT/MOJO to Thumper on Sun Nov 11 19:32:21 2018
    Re: if you live here in Calif
    By: Thumper to Roadhog on Mon Nov 05 2018 01:46 pm

all about. I have heard rumors that some cities of California was so
    bad, that these cities were riddled with human feces. I honestly did
    It's a real and horrible Problem, started with san fran and now it's
    needles. Our Politians suck.
    [
    At least you guys don't live in New York where everthing is free!

HusTler

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mojo's World BBS - mojo.synchro.net
  • From Plt@VERT/SBBS to Roadhog on Fri Jan 4 08:24:53 2019
    By: Roadhog to Jagossel on Thu Nov 01 2018 23:28:30

I read that in the newspaper.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ sbbs.dynu.net 2025
  • From Plt@VERT/SBBS to Hustler on Fri Jan 4 08:26:44 2019
    By: Hustler to Thumper on Sun Nov 11 2018 14:32:21

I thought living in NY is expensive and rent is high.

---
  • From Hustler@VERT/DMINE to Plt on Sat Jan 5 17:25:53 2019
    By: Plt to Hustler on Fri Jan 04 2019 03:26 am

By: Hustler to Thumper on Sun Nov 11 2018 14:32:21

If you work yes. Everything is expensive. Most people come to New York so they don't have to work and get all the free stuff. Free medical, Free Food, Free housing. No other State gives better "hand outs" then New York.

HusTler

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Diamond Mine Online - bbs.dmine.net - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Hustler on Sat Jan 5 19:08:26 2019
    By: Hustler to Plt on Sat Jan 05 2019 12:25 pm

If you work yes. Everything is expensive. Most people come to New York so they don't have to work and get all the free stuff. Free medical, Free Food, Free housing. No other State gives better "hand outs" then New York.

Huh, I didn't know that. I'm guessing that's why New York has the highest per-capital homeless population in the US... all that free housing.

DaiTengu

... Interchangable devices won`t.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From MATTHEW MUNSON@VERT/IUTOPIA to HUSTLER on Sun Jan 6 17:12:00 2019

If you work yes. Everything is expensive. Most people come to New
    York so they don't have to work and get all the free stuff. Free
    medical, Free Food, Free housing. No other State gives better "hand
    outs" then New York.
    Some think California does the handouts better here.

---
    ■ wcQWK 7.0
  • From Plt@VERT/SBBS to MATTHEW MUNSON on Fri Jan 11 04:45:11 2019

outs" then New York.

It would be nice in Virginia was like that.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Plt on Fri Jan 11 06:48:20 2019
    Re: Re: if you live here in Calif
    By: Plt to MATTHEW MUNSON on Thu Jan 10 2019 11:45 pm

It would be nice in Virginia was like that.

there's no such thing as free. it has to come from someplace.
    that's why you cant tax the rich 70%. they will just renounce citizenship and go to a better country.

i don't want handouts. i work for everything i have.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to MRO on Fri Jan 11 17:59:47 2019
    By: MRO to Plt on Fri Jan 11 2019 01:48 am

that's why you cant tax the rich 70%. they will just renounce citizenship and go to a better country.

We were taxing the top .01% 70% up until Reagan was almost into his second term. Then corporations started taking over. Executive income shot up at an exponental rate, while worker income barely kept up with inflation (and in
    many cases, didn't).

They didn't run elsewhere back then, and most of them won't if we do it again.

DaiTengu

... Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Fri Jan 11 17:41:24 2019
    By: DaiTengu to MRO on Fri Jan 11 2019 12:59 pm

We were taxing the top .01% 70% up until Reagan was almost into his second term. Then corporations started taking over. Executive income shot up at an exponental rate, while worker income barely kept up with inflation (and in many cases, didn't).

Even if I made a lot more money than I do, a 70% tax rate would hurt pretty bad. I'd think such a high tax rate would act as a de-motivator preventing some people from moving up and doing things they'd otherwise do if taxes weren't so high at high incomes.

I've sometimes thought that a flat tax would be the most fair thing. Just tax everyone the same percentage, and not so high that it takes most of peoples' money. With a flat tax, the government would still get more money from people who are paid more.

Nightfox

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to DaiTengu on Fri Jan 11 20:02:17 2019
    By: DaiTengu to MRO on Fri Jan 11 2019 12:59 pm

By: MRO to Plt on Fri Jan 11 2019 01:48 am

We were taxing the top .01% 70% up until Reagan was almost into his second term. Then corporations started taking over. Executive income shot up at an exponental rate, while worker income barely kept up with inflation (and in many cases, didn't).

There were plenty of so-called "loopholes" in the tax code back then that the .01% could easily avoid paying anywhere near that 70%. No one with a half a brain (and the wealthy usually have a bit more than half) would actually pay that rate; they pay accountants and lawyers instead.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #97:
    Synchronet v3.12a was released on December 31st of 2004 (Rob's birthday). Norco, CA WX: 66.6°F, 47.0% humidity, 0 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Nightfox on Sat Jan 12 15:21:34 2019
    By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Fri Jan 11 2019 12:41 pm

Even if I made a lot more money than I do, a 70% tax rate would hurt pretty bad. I'd think such a high tax rate would act as a de-motivator preventing some people from moving up and doing things they'd otherwise do if taxes weren't so high at high incomes.

You would need to make A LOT more. I'm talking $7 million or more a year there's about 16,000 families in the US that make that much.

I've sometimes thought that a flat tax would be the most fair thing. Just tax everyone the same percentage, and not so high that it takes most of peoples' money. With a flat tax, the government would still get more money from people who are paid more.

A flat tax would never work for whoever makes the least amount of money, but still has to pay the flat tax. if you make $25,000 a year, a flat tax of 30% is $7000. That $7000 would make a world of difference. if you're making $100K a year, the $30K flat tax isn't that big of a deal. And would you even notice it if you're making $1 million or more a year?

DaiTengu

... The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Sat Jan 12 19:37:42 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Sat Jan 12 2019 10:21 am

I've sometimes thought that a flat tax would be the most fair thing.
    Just tax everyone the same percentage, and not so high that it takes
    most of peoples' money. With a flat tax, the government would still
    get more money from people who are paid more.

A flat tax would never work for whoever makes the least amount of money, but still has to pay the flat tax. if you make $25,000 a year, a flat tax of 30% is $7000. That $7000 would make a world of difference.

That's why I was thinking it shouldn't be so high that it takes too much money. 30% seems fairly high for a flat tax.

if you're
    making $100K a year, the $30K flat tax isn't that big of a deal. And would you even notice it if you're making $1 million or more a year?

If the tax is 30%, 30% of $1 million would be $300,000, which still seems fairly significant. A 70% tax (as suggested before) would mean $700,000 taxes, leaving $300,000 left for someone who makes $1 million. I'm not sure it really matters how much money someone makes, I think to be able to take only 30% of your income home isn't really fair. Maybe someone wants to not only save for their own retirement, but to set up things like trust funds, college funds, etc. for their children. But it's their money to do with as they want anyway.

Nightfox

---
  • From Minex@VERT/TDOD to All on Sat Jan 12 23:38:00 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Sat Jan 12 2019 10:21 am

You would need to make A LOT more. I'm talking $7 million or more a year there's about 16,000 families in the US that make that much.

A flat tax would never work for whoever makes the least amount of money, but still has to pay the flat tax. if you make $25,000 a year, a flat tax of 30% is $7000. That $7000 would make a world of difference. if you're making $100K a year, the $30K flat tax isn't that big of a deal. And would you even notice it if you're making $1 million or more a year?

Whats interesting is Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon and the richest man on the planet makes only $82k a year in salary. The bulk of his net worth is Amazon stock.

The Dawn of Demise BBS (tdod.org)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Dawn of Demise (tdod.org:5000)
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Minex on Sun Jan 13 03:22:32 2019
    By: Minex to All on Sat Jan 12 2019 06:38 pm

Whats interesting is Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon and the richest man on the planet makes only $82k a year in salary. The bulk of his net worth is Amazon stock.

his wife is getting half of it because they didnt have a prenup.
    that being said, she was with him in the beginning.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Minex on Sun Jan 13 02:01:07 2019

Didn't Jeff Bezos just recently surpass Bill Gates as the richest man in the world, or at least in the US?

Having most of my income tied up in stocks would make me nervous, since stocks could fluctuate quite a bit.

I think I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs got most of his income from stocks, and his official income at Apple was $1 per year or something, and he had it that way for tax purposes, I think..

Nightfox

---
  • From Minex@VERT/TDOD to Nightfox on Sun Jan 13 17:42:05 2019
    By: Nightfox to Minex on Sat Jan 12 2019 09:01 pm

Didn't Jeff Bezos just recently surpass Bill Gates as the richest man in the world, or at least in the US?

Having most of my income tied up in stocks would make me nervous, since stocks could fluctuate quite a bit.

I think I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs got most of his income from stocks, and his official income at Apple was $1 per year or something, and he had it that way for tax purposes, I think..

Yeah, according to Wikipedia, that dude increased his net worth by like $35B in a year passing Bill Gates. I was just happy to get out of debt, lol. It should be interesting with his divorce because I'm sure he will lose half of that. I wonder if Mackenzie Bezos is available. :D

The Dawn of Demise BBS (tdod.org)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Dawn of Demise (tdod.org:5000)
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sun Jan 13 22:07:54 2019
    By: Nightfox to Minex on Sat Jan 12 2019 09:01 pm

well he sells off about a billion each year. he still owns 16% of amazon.
    i think he has his bases covered. that divorce is gonna be fun.
    ---
  • From Plt@VERT/SBBS to MATTHEW MUNSON on Sun Jan 20 23:25:55 2019
    Giving out free stuff could very well could result in higher taxes. Is that really a good thing?

On 07:12 06/01 , MATTHEW MUNSON wrote:

outs" then New York.

---
    â–  wcQWK 7.0

--
    yrNews Usenet Reader for iOS
    http://appstore.com/yrNewsUsenetReader

---
    þ Synchronet þ sbbs.dynu.net 2025
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Plt on Wed Jan 30 15:15:25 2019
    By: Plt to MATTHEW MUNSON on Sun Jan 20 2019 06:25 pm

Giving out free stuff could very well could result in higher taxes. Is that really a good thing?

Maybe not.
    I've heard some countries have a "basic income" which is a (small) income paid to citizens by the government - so even if you aren't working, you'd still get a small income from the government. I've heard some people have considered that in the US. I'm sure that would result in higher taxes, and I'm not sure it would be a great idea.

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Minex on Wed Aug 21 03:10:28 2019

Whats interesting is Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon and the richest man on th planet makes only $82k a year in salary. The bulk of his net worth is Amazo stock.

that's the smart way to do it.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Wed Aug 21 01:17:16 2019
    By: MRO to Minex on Tue Aug 20 2019 11:10 pm

Whats interesting is Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon and the richest man
    on th planet makes only $82k a year in salary. The bulk of his net
    worth is Amazo stock.

Stock can go up and down though.. What if the stock market crashes or Amazon's stock starts going down?

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Wed Aug 21 20:24:20 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Tue Aug 20 2019 09:17 pm

Whats interesting is Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon and the richest man
    on th planet makes only $82k a year in salary. The bulk of his net
    worth is Amazo stock.

Stock can go up and down though.. What if the stock market crashes or Amazo stock starts going down?

dude he is in a different universe than us. what if monkeys fly out his ass?

if he needs a big chunk of cash, he cashes in some stock.
    ---