• Voters?

From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to All on Tue Jun 9 02:54:33 2020
    So how many protester's do you think will vote come november? They are too stupid to know it's the only way change can be made in this country. They think frighting us is the way to make change. I've been to my congressmen's office fighting for what I believed in. Marching in a demonstration wouldn't have done dick. Looking my representatives in the eye got laws written that made changes in the system. Now blacks want to abolish police departments. They want to patrol themselves. Just goes to prove my point. They are stupid, ignorant, people. I say give them their own STATE! Let them have Maryland or Washington DC. A totally Black STATE. Build jails for housing. They can protest all they want. Burn down their housing. Just like they did in Chicago and NYC back in the 60's and 70's. Except this time don't rely on the whites to build it back up again. Let them do it themselves.
    Regards,
    HusTler
    havens.synchro.net:23

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to HusTler on Tue Jun 9 18:09:04 2020
    Re: Voters?
    By: HusTler to All on Mon Jun 08 2020 10:54 pm

So how many protester's do you think will vote come november? They are too stupid to know it's the only way change can be made in this country. They think frighting us is the way to make change. I've been to my congressmen's office fighting for what I believed in. Marching in a demonstration wouldn't have done dick. Looking my representatives in the eye got laws written that made changes in the system. Now blacks want to abolish police departments. They want to patrol themselves. Just goes to prove my point. They are stupid, ignorant, people. I say give them their own STATE! Let them have Maryland or Washington DC. A totally Black STATE. Build jails for housing. They can protest all they want. Burn down their housing. Just like they did in Chicago and NYC back in the 60's and 70's. Except this time don't rely on the whites to build it back up again. Let them do it themselves. Regards,

You fucking disgust me.

DaiTengu

... Prepositions are not good words to end sentences with.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From HusTler@VERT/HAVENS to DaiTengu on Tue Jun 9 21:47:35 2020
    By: DaiTengu to HusTler on Tue Jun 09 2020 02:09 pm

You fucking disgust me.

Does that mean you plan on voting in November or not? Maybe you should join them in protesting our democracy too. Blacks get to say whatever they want but when I say whatever I want I get pounced on.

Regards,
    HusTler
    havens.synchro.net:23

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to HusTler on Wed Jun 10 02:15:23 2020
    By: HusTler to DaiTengu on Tue Jun 09 2020 05:47 pm

You fucking disgust me.

Does that mean you plan on voting in November or not? Maybe you should join them in protesting our democracy too. Blacks get to say whatever they want but when I say whatever I want I get pounced on.

I vote every November (and April, and any other time there's an election). I'll likely do it by mail this time, as I did about 6 weeks ago or so.

It's not just Black people protesting, either. The majority of the protesters in my city are white (which makes sense, the city I live in is like 85% white).
    Finally, I really hope you're not trying to claim "freedom of speech" for your hateful, disgusting, and racist comments.

DaiTengu

... Diplomacy: The patriotic art of lying for one's country.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From calcmandan@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Wed Jun 10 09:56:00 2020
    DaiTengu wrote to HusTler <=-

By: HusTler to All on Mon Jun 08 2020 10:54 pm

So how many protester's do you think will vote come november? They are too stupid to know it's the only way change can be made in this country. They think frighting us is the way to make change. I've been to my congressmen's office fighting for what I believed in. Marching in a demonstration wouldn't have done dick. Looking my representatives in the eye got laws written that made changes in the system. Now blacks want to abolish police departments. They want to patrol themselves. Just goes to prove my point. They are stupid, ignorant, people. I say give them their own STATE! Let them have Maryland or Washington DC. A totally Black STATE. Build jails for housing. They can protest all they want. Burn down their housing. Just like they did in Chicago and NYC back in the 60's and 70's. Except this time don't rely on the whites to build it back up again. Let them do it themselves. Regards,

You fucking disgust me.

Someone's pulling our rhetorical leg. This can't be anything more than a vodka fueled rant built on months of lockdown frustration.

Daniel Traechin

... Visit me at gopher://gcpp.world
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Dr. What@VERT/TWODUDES to HusTler on Wed Jun 10 14:19:00 2020
    HusTler wrote to All <=-

So how many protester's do you think will vote come november? They
    are too stupid to know it's the only way change can be made in this country. They think frighting us is the way to make change.

I have to agree with this. But they will come out a vote. Their masters will give them instructions on how to do it.

Now blacks
    want to abolish police departments. They want to patrol themselves.

I think you've missed something here. Most of the rioters were white. Much of the property destroyed by the rioters was black owned.

I don't think the blacks want this. I think the Left does and are using blacks as a way to get this. You are correct in that they (now) want to patrol themselves, but that's more because if there's no police, they need to patrol themselves because there's no one else to do it.

I just saw an article that showed that police help the black community - and that the black community knows this.

Don't mistake BLM as "the black community". BLM is just a bunch of left wing morons who like to destroy what they can't control.

... If love is blind, lingerie makes great braille.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    ■ Synchronet ■ Two Dudes BBS - twodudesbbs.com
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to calcmandan on Wed Jun 10 12:34:59 2020
    Re: Re: Voters?
    By: calcmandan to DaiTengu on Wed Jun 10 2020 05:56 am

Someone's pulling our rhetorical leg. This can't be anything more than a vodka fueled rant built on months of lockdown frustration.

It would seem weird to me that Hustler's racist rant would only be due to drinking too much, or something.. Drinking doesn't temporarily make you racist. :P

Nightfox

---
  • From Arelor@VERT to calcmandan on Wed Jun 10 13:22:46 2020

Someone's pulling our rhetorical leg. This can't be anything more than a vodka fuel
    rant built on months of lockdown frustration.

Daniel Traechin

You haven't visited the Stormfront website as of late, have you?

I don't share HustLer's views, but I don't find them surprising. Politicians are bent
    into turning everything into a racial issue these days. When you take random incidents
    and label them as racial issues, at some point somebody will take your glove.

Identitarian politics suck for this very reason (among others). You take a real issue.
    Then you label it as an issue that affects the minority you want to buy in. For example, if the local authorities are making it hard to organize flea markets, you
    present it as a conspiracy against the minority. "The Town Hall wants to destroy the
    livehood of gypsies by making it hard to organize flea markets!"

Do you want to guess what happens next? That people starts correlating flea market
    supporter = gypsy. If you agree with the current flea market policies, you won't see
    politicians fighting the policies you like. You will see gypsies fighting those policies. After three or four cases like this one, you will correlate gypsy = people
    who smashes policies I support.

And so is how racism creeps in.

Which is why I find it so depressing that politicians and organizations are taking a
    real issue (police seems to have killed a man with no good reason) and present it as a
    conspiranoic fact (police killed a man because he was black).

So much cry.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From calcmandan@VERT/DIGDIST to Nightfox on Thu Jun 11 01:03:00 2020
    Nightfox wrote to calcmandan <=-

It would seem weird to me that Hustler's racist rant would only be due
    to drinking too much, or something.. Drinking doesn't temporarily make you racist. :P

No but people are known to go off and say stuff they don't mean when they're drunk. And we conveniently forget mental health.

Daniel Traechin

• From calcmandan@VERT/DIGDIST to Arelor on Thu Jun 11 01:05:00 2020
    Arelor wrote to calcmandan <=-

Someone's pulling our rhetorical leg. This can't be anything more than a
    vodk
    a fuel

Daniel Traechin

I don't share HustLer's views, but I don't find them surprising. Politicians are bent into turning everything into a racial issue these days. When you take random incidents and label them as racial issues,
    at some point somebody will take your glove.

Identitarian politics suck for this very reason (among others). You
    take a real issue. Then you label it as an issue that affects the
    minority you want to buy in. For example, if the local authorities are making it hard to organize flea markets, you present it as a conspiracy against the minority. "The Town Hall wants to destroy the livehood of gypsies by making it hard to organize flea markets!"

Do you want to guess what happens next? That people starts correlating flea market supporter = gypsy. If you agree with the current flea
    market policies, you won't see politicians fighting the policies you
    like. You will see gypsies fighting those policies. After three or four cases like this one, you will correlate gypsy = people who smashes policies I support.

Which is why I find it so depressing that politicians and organizations are taking a real issue (police seems to have killed a man with no good reason) and present it as a conspiranoic fact (police killed a man
    because he was black).

I'll just nod my head and not go into the rabbit hole.

So much cry.

Feel better.

Daniel Traechin

• From Dennisk@VERT/MINDSEYE to Arelor on Thu Jun 11 13:43:00 2020
    Arelor wrote to calcmandan <=-

Someone's pulling our rhetorical leg. This can't be anything more than a
    vodk
    a fuel

Daniel Traechin

I don't share HustLer's views, but I don't find them surprising. Politicians are bent into turning everything into a racial issue these days. When you take random incidents and label them as racial issues,
    at some point somebody will take your glove.

Identitarian politics suck for this very reason (among others). You
    take a real issue. Then you label it as an issue that affects the
    minority you want to buy in. For example, if the local authorities are making it hard to organize flea markets, you present it as a conspiracy against the minority. "The Town Hall wants to destroy the livehood of gypsies by making it hard to organize flea markets!"

Do you want to guess what happens next? That people starts correlating flea market supporter = gypsy. If you agree with the current flea
    market policies, you won't see politicians fighting the policies you
    like. You will see gypsies fighting those policies. After three or four cases like this one, you will correlate gypsy = people who smashes policies I support.

Which is why I find it so depressing that politicians and organizations are taking a real issue (police seems to have killed a man with no good reason) and present it as a conspiranoic fact (police killed a man
    because he was black).

So much cry.

The identity politics doesn't surprise me at all. I was telling people in the early 2000's that Identity Politics would be the politics of the 21st century. People were expecting this, and it was only a matter of time. The issue isn't racism, that is a red herring. Racism implies some 'irrational hate' which is learned or propagated. I think the problem is far more innate. Human beings are social creatures, group oriented animals. We support our own tribe, and people cannot help but naturally seeing their own people as their own tribe. Now, mix different tribes into the same system, and there will be an invevitable contest for dominance.

The language is about 'racism', but look at the actions. Iconoclasm, trying to change history, getting people to supplicate themselves, rhetoric about people whos time has 'passed' and how the future now belongs to different people, defunding the police, all of this seems to be driven by an underlying contest for dominance. And why not? And if there is a religious type of belief where we are 'sinners', that is useful tool as well. The talk is about justice, but the actions and tone reveal a contest for dominance, which is what I think it is really about. Competing worldviews and identities contesting for power. It smells so strongly of group competition.

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mind's Eye - mindseye.ddns.net - Melbourne Australia
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Arelor on Thu Jun 11 06:15:00 2020
    By: Arelor to calcmandan on Wed Jun 10 2020 09:22 am

Which is why I find it so depressing that politicians and organizations are real issue (police seems to have killed a man with no good reason) and prese conspiranoic fact (police killed a man because he was black).

So much cry.

It doesn't help when the way you know you're doing better in a social media di scussion is when your opponent calls you a rascist for no reason. It's as if they feel deep down inside that they're rascist, and figure it will hurt you like it hurts them to be accused of it.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Arelor@VERT to Moondog on Thu Jun 11 08:23:15 2020
    By: Moondog to Arelor on Thu Jun 11 2020 02:15 am

It doesn't help when the way you know you're doing better in a social media di
    scussion is when your opponent calls you a rascist for no reason. It's as if they
    feel deep down inside that they're rascist, and figure it will hurt you like it hur
    them to be accused of it.

You knoe, this reminds me of another case I know about. I am not going to give names
    or brands because I don't want to provice free advertisement to this people, but the
    case went like this:

A firm launches a premium entertainment product for many $$$. The product is full of
    "inclusive" language, criticism and judgemental opinions against non-leftist philosophers... Imagine you buy a Rambo Remaster Edition Now With More Blood DVD for
    twice the price of a regular DVD, and what you find in it is Stallone explaining why
    Ayn Rand is bad and why you must use "inclusive" pronouns while killing vietnamesse.

Got that picture in your mind? Good. Obviously the Internet got some people complaining in forums and social media. "I don't think these politics belong to a
    product I paid premium for" was the usual complaint.

The most common answer was: "You are an homophobe if you don't want this stuff in your
    entertainment". Just like that.

Some forums ever got people banned because declaring that you don't approve propaganda
    in premium products meant you didn't approve of the people the propaganda attempts to
    promote, which must mean you hate them, which means you are involved in hate speech.

What is the banned people going to think? "The gay lobby banned me from the forum and
    ruined my DVD!!!"

Inclusiveness becomes divisiveness when you push it that far.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Moondog on Thu Jun 11 20:49:35 2020
    By: Moondog to Arelor on Thu Jun 11 2020 02:15 am

By: Arelor to calcmandan on Wed Jun 10 2020 09:22 am

Which is why I find it so depressing that politicians and organizations a real issue (police seems to have killed a man with no good reason) and pr conspiranoic fact (police killed a man because he was black).

So much cry.

you have to say what the liberal progressives say or you will be called a racist and perhaps lose your job if you are an educator or public speaker.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to DENNISK on Thu Jun 11 15:42:00 2020
    we are 'sinners', that is useful tool as well. The talk is about justice, but >the actions and tone reveal a contest for dominance, which is what I think it >is really about. Competing worldviews and identities contesting for power. It
    smells so strongly of group competition.

That pretty much describes how politics in the USA works. At least since
    2008 but probably long before that. The Democrats are all about pitting us against each other by some sort of identity differences, both real and imagined.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Dental plan...Lisa needs braces...dental plan...Lisa...
    ■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From paulie420@VERT/PAULIE42 to calcmandan on Fri Jun 12 01:51:48 2020

Daniel Traechin

No, there really are racists in America still - its what the [proper] protesters are fed up with...

The fact that they have to leave their houses with different worries than we do. That there may be a HuSTlER they encounter during the day, who's attitude enables a Chauvin to take their life away... its horrible; but don't kid yourself, these people aren't just liquored up... they live among us, still with racism in their viens...

I disagree with looting and rioting; I disagree with illegal take overs of a city block...
    But I stand with black Americans, and want for them to feel as safe as we do every single day of their lives... the fact that a race still is faced with this reality is disgusting. As a society, it holds us back. In an individual, it exists.

God help us.

|08Paulie|15420
    |15M|08@|15STERM|07i|15ND
    |14AmericanPiBBS|04.com|07

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ >>>American Pi BBS @ AmericanPiBBS.com:23>>>Rockin like its 1993!>>>
  • From calcmandan@VERT/DIGDIST to paulie420 on Fri Jun 12 11:47:00 2020
    paulie420 wrote to calcmandan <=-

Daniel Traechin

No, there really are racists in America still - its what the [proper] protesters are fed up with...

Where did I say there weren't racists in America? And I'm not sure what you mean of proper protesters.

I agree that racism exists in America and it's worse now than it has ever been. These last two weeks are proof in the pudding.

Narratives have changed though. Today, the protests are of a mythical institutional racism of white vs black. The institution targets black people. This is categorically false. Further, they're no longer demanding anything less than anarchy and the absolute tyranny of totalitarian dictatorship. Just look at the clownhouse in central Seattle. There's NOTHING racist about that embarassment. No, nothing at all. It is an embarrasment. I can't believe what's happening over there while the local government sit there with their thumbs up their asses like Portland did a few years ago.

Anyone simply protesting the senseless murder of Floyd are far and few between. Those cops are marked regardless if it's done by the legal system, by street justice, or Epsteined. Their days are numbered and everyone knows this.

The fact that they have to leave their houses with different worries
    than we do. That there may be a HuSTlER they encounter during the day, who's attitude enables a Chauvin to take their life away... its
    horrible; but don't kid yourself, these people aren't just liquored
    up... they live among us, still with racism in their viens...

Hustler shows the ugliness of racism. Those who openly admit those feelings have fallen into a camp trap.

What's a camp trap? Someone has joined a camp of thought and, once there, they get trapped in a loop of circular and illogical reasoning. Rarely can anything be said to someone in a camp trap that will convince them otherwise. You see it in science skeptics, religious extremists, and political idealogues. What's worse, they consider themselves free thinkers. It's ludicrous.

And yes, what Hustler said shocked me because it's 2020 and I don't remember anyone ever being so overtly and painfully racist than that. It's almost as if we were reading a movie script from the 40s.

There we go with the fallacy about a 'they' vs 'we.' I wish you would re-read what you wrote. Many good people fall into that myth without realizing it. I know you have good intentions because I see it in your writing.

I disagree with looting and rioting; I disagree with illegal take overs
    of a city block... But I stand with black Americans, and want for them
    to feel as safe as we do every single day of their lives... the fact
    that a race still is faced with this reality is disgusting. As a
    society, it holds us back. In an individual, it exists.

I'm glad you disagree with looting and rioting. I think ALL people should feel safe. I just wish the narrative of this virtue signaling you portray represented facts.

Do yourself a favor and look up historical crime statistics of the United States. Look at it objectively and without any preconceived notions about what to expect. I would bet a five-dollar footlong that the results would shock you.

Further, I'm deeply saddened by the riots occuring in other countries.

Give yourself an hour and watch this. I just happened to watch this tonight with my wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFPHp-4bFs

Daniel Traechin
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to PAULIE420 on Fri Jun 12 15:14:00 2020
    No, there really are racists in America still - its what the [proper] protester
    are fed up with...

I am sorry but that won't every go away. It would be great if it would but
    I believe that some people are always going to fixate on the differences between themselves and others (likely in an attempt to cover up their own feelings of inadequicy (SP?), lack of self worth, etc.).

But I stand with black Americans, and want for them to feel as safe as we do ev
    ry single day of their lives... the fact that a race still is faced with this r
    ality is disgusting. As a society, it holds us back. In an individual, it exist

Do you really feel that safe?

* SLMR 2.1a * SysOp: Gofer in charge of bolts, wires & electricity

---
  • From paulie420@VERT/PAULIE42 to calcmandan on Fri Jun 12 19:54:20 2020
    By: calcmandan to paulie420 on Fri Jun 12 2020 07:47 am

No, there really are racists in America still - its what the
    [proper] protesters are fed up with...

Where did I say there weren't racists in America? And I'm not sure what you mean of proper protesters.

The people who are not looting and rioting. Who are not taking a Seattle city block and calling it what it is not...
    The people who are trying to peacefully protest the death of Floyd, and others... demanding change.
    My writing is never the best...

I agree that racism exists in America and it's worse now than it has ever been. These last two weeks are proof in the pudding.
    Narratives have changed though. Today, the protests are of a mythical institutional racism of white vs black. The institution targets black people. This is categorically false. Further, they're no longer demanding anything less than anarchy and the absolute tyranny of totalitarian dictatorship. Just look at the clownhouse in central Seattle. There's NOTHING racist about that embarassment. No, nothing at all. It is an embarrasment. I can't believe what's happening over there while the local government sit there with their thumbs up their asses like Portland did a few years ago.
    Anyone simply protesting the senseless murder of Floyd are far and few between. Those cops are marked regardless if it's done by the legal system, by street justice, or Epsteined. Their days are numbered and everyone knows this.

Hustler shows the ugliness of racism. Those who openly admit those feelings have fallen into a camp trap.
    What's a camp trap? Someone has joined a camp of thought and, once there, they get trapped in a loop of circular and illogical reasoning. Rarely can anything be said to someone in a camp trap that will convince them otherwise. You see it in science skeptics, religious extremists, and political idealogues. What's worse, they consider themselves free thinkers. It's ludicrous.
    And yes, what Hustler said shocked me because it's 2020 and I don't remember anyone ever being so overtly and painfully racist than that. It's almost as if we were reading a movie script from the 40s.
    There we go with the fallacy about a 'they' vs 'we.' I wish you would re-read what you wrote. Many good people fall into that myth without realizing it. I know you have good intentions because I see it in your writing.
    Do yourself a favor and look up historical crime statistics of the United States. Look at it objectively and without any preconceived notions about what to expect. I would bet a five-dollar footlong that the results would shock you.

I think most of your retort chaulks up to the way that I write with my mind and not articulating my words perfectly... I agree with mainly everything you type.

Furthermore, about Hustler, I saw your later post that there are mental health issues concerning Covid and people may be... heightened... or agigtated... or having a breakdown. While I know what you mean, and agree - our country is hurting here... and many people need help. I disagree about that being the issue with Hustler - and I was trying to articulate that some people, him, are just plain racists in America... in 2020. Its really sad.

I, for one, grew up in an environment that was mildly racist... which bred in ME a stronger form of racism in my very early years of adulthood. I'm happy that I realized this... that I became friends with different types of people; and ultimately understood that what I was doing was disgusting. I hope that the future brings that relevation to others... to all... to Hustler.

I am, however, watching the suggested Youtube video... 'expolice officer: where the floyd arrest went wrong'... thanks for suggesting it.

|08Paulie|15420

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ >>>American Pi BBS @ AmericanPiBBS.com:23>>>Rockin like its 1993!>>>
  • From paulie420@VERT/PAULIE42 to Dumas Walker on Fri Jun 12 20:03:26 2020
    By: Dumas Walker to PAULIE420 on Fri Jun 12 2020 11:14 am

But I stand with black Americans, and want for them to feel as safe as
    we do ev ry single day of their lives... the fact that a race still is
    faced with this r ality is disgusting. As a society, it holds us back.
    In an individual, it exist

Do you really feel that safe?

Well, yes... I do. I mean... as a middle aged white American, and this isn't a good thing LOL, sometimes I wake up - or go into situations and... like; as a white male, sometimes I style myself 'hard' and.. I play my music loud in the truck; I *try* to be a tough guy...

Which is stupid, BUT just saying - I have the freedom to doso and no one wants to kill me over it. I don't get crazy looks from Cops, I don't draw extra attention at the store or gym - I'm just a tough white guy doing his thing.

Black Americans can't do this - well, can't do this and not draw attention or actions from the outside world. I don't think white America knows how it feels to live as a black American.

I think that they don't 'feel safe' and... I saw a YT video of a 13 year old black kid going over rules that blacks should never do:

Never wear a wife beater
    Never go outside without ID
    Never go outside without a shirt on
    Never play music loud in the car
    Never draw attention
    Etc etc etc... things that we take for granted.

Guess I could have just said; Yea, I feel damn safe in America as a 40 year old white man... I do.

|08Paulie|15420

---
  • From Arelor@VERT to paulie420 on Fri Jun 12 21:07:44 2020
    By: paulie420 to Dumas Walker on Fri Jun 12 2020 04:03 pm

Never wear a wife beater
    Never draw attention

That is prety much how most whites around here behave really. It sounds more like common sense than a set of rules for a minority.

A criminologist once said that if you wear tough guy clothes as if you were looking for trouble you were more likely to find it. He was a white guy and so whas the audience.

Life is world's great theater. If you play like a bad dude you will be a bad dude.

---
  • From Dennisk@VERT/DUNGEON to Dumas Walker on Sat Jun 13 03:03:00 2020
    Dumas Walker wrote to DENNISK <=-

we are 'sinners', that is useful tool as well. The talk is about justice, but
    the actions and tone reveal a contest for dominance, which is what I think it
    is really about. Competing worldviews and identities contesting for power. It

That pretty much describes how politics in the USA works. At least
    since 2008 but probably long before that. The Democrats are all about pitting us against each other by some sort of identity differences,
    both real and imagined.

I think this short article sums up what is happening succinctly and accurately.

https://www.declineoftheempire.com/2020/06/a-clear-and-present-danger.html

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Dungeon BBS - Risen from the Ashes! - Canberra, Australia. http://bbs.barnab
  • From calcmandan@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Fri Jun 12 13:07:00 2020
    Dumas Walker wrote to DENNISK <=-

we are 'sinners', that is useful tool as well. The talk is about justice, but
    the actions and tone reveal a contest for dominance, which is what I think it
    is really about. Competing worldviews and identities contesting for power. It

That pretty much describes how politics in the USA works. At least
    since 2008 but probably long before that. The Democrats are all about pitting us against each other by some sort of identity differences,
    both real and imagined.

It's racist and disgusting.

• From The Lizard Master@VERT/NITEEYES to Dennisk on Sat Jun 13 15:04:15 2020
    By: Dennisk to Dumas Walker on Fri Jun 12 2020 11:03 pm

I think this short article sums up what is happening succinctly and accurately.

https://www.declineoftheempire.com/2020/06/a-clear-and-present-danger.html

Lol, I'll keep my eye on HBO and Disney for sure now with this heads up.

---TLM

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to paulie420 on Sun Jun 14 16:59:59 2020

I think that they don't 'feel safe' and... I saw a YT video of a 13 year old black kid going over rules that blacks should never do:

Never wear a wife beater
    Never draw attention
    Etc etc etc... things that we take for granted.

At a comparable age to the young man in question, I also would not have felt comfortable doing most of those things in public. At my age now, I don't think I would want to.

Maybe it is just a regional thing, but I feel like most of those would have drawn some unwanted attention for me also.

#

---