• 10th Amendment

From IB Joe@VERT/JOESBBS to All on Fri May 7 14:31:00 2021
    I was going to ask what right the federal government had any right to expand in the way the have/do.... with the 10th amendment limiting things the way it does...

Read article 1 section 8... What shit you can make up with that one addition.

We are seriously screwed

IB Joe
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of Joe's BBS
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/01/16 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:2323 SSH:2222 HTTP:80
  • From Dr. What@VERT/DMINE to IB Joe on Sat May 8 09:54:00 2021
    IB Joe wrote to All <=-

I was going to ask what right the federal government had any right to expand in the way the have/do.... with the 10th amendment limiting
    things the way it does...

Read article 1 section 8... What shit you can make up with that one addition.

We are seriously screwed

Congress was always supposed to be the more powerful part of the gov't since they are supposed to represent the people. They are the one group that is elected directly by the people (the President is elected though the Elecoral College and the judges are appointed).

If we are screwed, we are getting what we voted for.

The problem is that the corruption didn't take place in Congress first. It took place in the education and Media. That brainwashed the people in to voting for these clowns.

... A woman cries before the wedding, a man after.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    ■ Synchronet ■ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Tortillaretreat@VERT to Dr. What on Thu Jun 3 20:37:55 2021
    Re: Re: 10th Amendment
    By: Dr. What to IB Joe on Sat May 08 2021 09:54 am

The problem is that the corruption didn't take place in Congress first. It took place in the education and Media. That brainwashed the people in to voting for
    these
    clowns.

What can I say? Limit your use of social media and actually pick up a history book, or work on a hobby like drawing or CompSci or some shet(though the latter might be redundant in a place like this). Most people have corporate social media as their bread and butter, and that's why people can have contradictory beliefs like critcizing the need for militarized police but advocating for gun control the next.(I am a firm believer in the thoughts that privacy, free speech for all, even the ones we despise(otherwise it's not really free speech), and the right to bear arms are the first steps to liberty.) Try something less botnetty if you must, like Mastodon(https://joinmastodon.org) Anyways, that's my two cents.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Brian Rogers@VERT/CARNAGE to Tortillaretreat on Fri Jun 4 14:31:00 2021
    Hello Tortillaretreat;

Tortillaretreat wrote to Dr. What <=-

What can I say? Limit your use of social media and actually pick up a history book, or work on a hobby like drawing or CompSci or some

[snip]

I spoke with a high school "history" teacher last year and asked if she went back to pre Geo Washington days... she told me no now it's all about making history by trying to change government. We see just how well that is working!

... Life's a cache, and then you flush...
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    ■ Synchronet ■ SBBS - Carnage! ... wha chu be sayun?