• Rush Fans

From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to All on Thu Mar 22 17:57:27 2012
    The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on May 29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there. :-)

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Digital Man@VERT to The Millionaire on Thu Mar 22 18:10:08 2012
    Re: Rush Fans
    By: The Millionaire to All on Thu Mar 22 2012 01:57 pm

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on May
    29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there. :-)

Indeed. I do wonder if they rerecorded Caravan and BU2B or not. Those songs rock on the 2-track CD they released in 2010.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #64:
    Synchronet can dynamically compress and uncompress message bases (using LZH). Norco, CA WX: 72.6°F, 37.0% humidity, 9 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Diamond Dave@VERT/DMINE to Digital Man on Sun Mar 25 12:46:15 2012
    By: Digital Man to The Millionaire on Thu Mar 22 2012 02:10 pm

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on May 29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there. :

Indeed. I do wonder if they rerecorded Caravan and BU2B or not. Those songs rock on the 2-track CD they released in 2010.

It looks like RUSH will be on tour (again) this fall. Dates are not set in stone yet, but looks like the kickoff date will be Sept. 9th at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, VA (Washington, DC suburbs)

Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally called Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

*** Diamond Dave ***

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Diamond Mine Online - bbs.dmine.net - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Diamond Dave on Sun Mar 25 16:37:05 2012
    By: Diamond Dave to Digital Man on Sun Mar 25 2012 08:46 am

By: Digital Man to The Millionaire on Thu Mar 22 2012 02:10 pm

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on M 29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there

Indeed. I do wonder if they rerecorded Caravan and BU2B or not. Those son rock on the 2-track CD they released in 2010.

It looks like RUSH will be on tour (again) this fall. Dates are not set in stone yet, but looks like the kickoff date will be Sept. 9th at Jiffy Lube L in Bristow, VA (Washington, DC suburbs)

Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally called Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

*** Diamond Dave ***

They have also noted that the new album will be non-theme this time around. Rush is really changing again.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to The Millionaire on Mon Mar 26 23:04:25 2012
    By: The Millionaire to All on Thu Mar 22 2012 13:57:27

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on May
    29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there.
    :-)

Considering the stylistic changes Rush has had over the years, I tend to be skeptical if I'll like Rush's new albums and have felt that way since Test For Echo came out in 1996. The last Rush album I felt like I liked a lot was 1993's Counterparts (which is probably my 2nd favorite album of theirs, behind Moving Pictures). Test For Echo felt like a surprise to me - it seemed like a different badn. I may end up buying their new album though, just because.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Nightfox on Tue Mar 27 18:48:54 2012
    By: Nightfox to The Millionaire on Mon Mar 26 2012 07:04 pm

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on May 29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there. :-)

Considering the stylistic changes Rush has had over the years, I tend to be skeptical if I'll like Rush's new albums and have felt that way since Test For Echo came out in 1996. The last Rush album I felt like I liked a lot was 1993's Counterparts (which is probably my 2nd favorite album of theirs, behind Moving Pictures). Test For Echo felt like a surprise to me - it seemed like a different badn. I may end up buying their new album though, just because.

Snakes and Arrows is one of my all-time favorite Rush albums. From the tracks I've heard off of the next (Clockwork Angels), I'm very optimistic.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #7:
    Synchronet was originally intended as a replacement for WWIV BBS software. Norco, CA WX: 64.7°F, 42.0% humidity, 8 mph NNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Digital Man on Tue Mar 27 18:56:52 2012
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Tue Mar 27 2012 02:48 pm

By: Nightfox to The Millionaire on Mon Mar 26 2012 07:04 pm

The new Rush album entitled "Clockwork Angels" is set for release on M 29, 2012. That's good news to hear for us Rush fans that are out there :-)

Considering the stylistic changes Rush has had over the years, I tend to skeptical if I'll like Rush's new albums and have felt that way since Tes For Echo came out in 1996. The last Rush album I felt like I liked a lot was 1993's Counterparts (which is probably my 2nd favorite album of their behind Moving Pictures). Test For Echo felt like a surprise to me - it seemed like a different badn. I may end up buying their new album though just because.

Snakes and Arrows is one of my all-time favorite Rush albums. From the track I've heard off of the next (Clockwork Angels), I'm very optimistic.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #7:
    Synchronet was originally intended as a replacement for WWIV BBS software. Norco, CA WX: 64.7°F, 42.0% humidity, 8 mph NNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

Well it was produced again by Nick Raskulinecz like Snakes and Arrows was as well so it will pretty much be the same type of sound.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Digital Man on Tue Apr 3 01:03:12 2012
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Tue Mar 27 2012 15:48:54

Snakes and Arrows is one of my all-time favorite Rush albums. From the tracks I've heard off of the next (Clockwork Angels), I'm very optimistic.

I have Snakes and Arrows and think it's ok but it never really grew on me much.. I'll probably buy Clockwork Angels - I am curious to see what it will be like.

Nightfox

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Nightfox on Wed Apr 4 04:31:12 2012
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Mon Apr 02 2012 09:03 pm

I have Snakes and Arrows and think it's ok but it never really grew on me much.. I'll probably buy Clockwork Angels - I am curious to see what it will be like.

I imagine it will be just like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbPbE84OZI

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #15:
    Synchronet first supported FidoNet networking (with SBBSFIDO) in 1992.
    Norco, CA WX: 58.7°F, 50.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Nightfox on Wed Apr 18 18:12:17 2012
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Wed Apr 04 2012 12:31 am

By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Mon Apr 02 2012 09:03 pm

Snakes and Arrows is one of my all-time favorite Rush albums. From
    the tracks I've heard off of the next (Clockwork Angels), I'm very optimistic.

I have Snakes and Arrows and think it's ok but it never really grew on
    me much.. I'll probably buy Clockwork Angels - I am curious to see what it will be like.

I imagine it will be just like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbPbE84OZI

Or this:
    http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/rush.html

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #0:
    Development began in 1990 of the (unnamed at the time) Synchronet BBS software. Norco, CA WX: 77.9°F, 40.0% humidity, 4 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
  • From Mark Hofmann@VERT/TCP to Diamond Dave on Wed May 9 00:52:08 2012
    Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally called
    Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

I have been there several times and agree.. Traffic was a real pain getting in/out of there, but otherwise was great.

Merriweather Post Pavillion is another one of my favorite venues..

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (33:1/3.0)
    ■ Synchronet ■ curmudge.hopto.org
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Mark Hofmann on Fri May 11 00:27:22 2012
    Re: Re: Rush Fans
    By: Mark Hofmann to Diamond Dave on Tue May 08 2012 20:52:08

Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally called
    Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

I have been there several times and agree.. Traffic was a real pain
    getting in/out of there, but otherwise was great.

I've only seen Rush twice. The first time was at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR and the 2nd was at the Clark County Amphitheatre in Vancouver, WA. It seems Rush has stopped playing in Portland, OR - the past couple times they've been out this way, it has been in Vancouver, WA. A bit of a pity, since the Rose Garden in Portland is fairly easy to get to for me, particularly on public transit so you don't have to deal with traffic and parking the car.

Nightfox

---
  • From echto@VERT/ECHTOBBS to Nightfox on Sun May 13 02:47:07 2012
    By: Nightfox to Mark Hofmann on Thu May 10 2012 20:27:22

I've only seen Rush twice. The first time was at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR and the 2nd was at the Clark County Amphitheatre in Vancouver, WA. It seems Rush has stopped playing in Portland, OR - the past couple

I was there for RUSH!! At the Amphitheatre! I'm across the bridge in Clark County.

I think PDX is on some boycott or something. Garbage is not playing in PDX on their next tour. Grrrr

echto

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ -=-= echto bbs =-=-
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to echto on Sun May 13 14:31:40 2012
    By: echto to Nightfox on Sat May 12 2012 22:47:07

I was there for RUSH!! At the Amphitheatre! I'm across the bridge in
    Clark County.

That's cool :) I saw Rush there in 2007. When were you there? I would have liked to see their Time Machine concert, but they were playing on a Tuesday night (I think), and I figured I'd probably get back home at around 1:00AM and only get 5 hours of sleep (too little for me) before work the next day.

I think PDX is on some boycott or something. Garbage is not playing in
    PDX on their next tour. Grrrr

hmm, I wonder why they'd be on a boycott. I did think it was a little strange when seeing Rush in Clark County and Geddy said "Hello Portland!" when they weren't in Portland..

Nightfox

---
  • From James Haight@VERT/TCP to All on Sun May 13 16:13:08 2012
    mV╠☼PV¶♀  ♦> > Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally
    mV╠☼PV¶♀  ♦> called
    mV╠☼PV¶♀  ♦> > Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.
    mV╠☼PV¶♀  ♦> >
    mV╠☼PV¶♀  ♦> > *** Diamond Dave ***

You mean Largo Capitol Center? ;)

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
  • From James Haight@VERT/TCP to Mark Hofmann on Sun May 13 16:21:56 2012
    Merriweather Post Pavillion is another one of my favorite venues..

- Mark

What is the Baltimore Civic Center / Baltimore Arena called now? That always had the best sound. I saw Jethro Tull there and then ran into the band afterwards at some hotel where my wife and I went for drinks. Unfortunately I made an ass of myself when I got up the nerve to go over to Ian Anderson's table to say "Hello!" He politely said "I'm with the lady!" meaning his guest and then I realized how he needed his privacy. I then apologized and said I was
    a fan for 30 years and thanked him for a wonderful show. He melted a bit and came over to our table later and made some small talk.

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to James Haight on Mon May 14 00:35:15 2012
    By: James Haight to All on Sun May 13 2012 12:13:08

mV╠PV  > > Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally
    mV╠PV  > called
    mV╠PV  > > Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

I think something might be wrong with your system or the BBS you're posting from. It looks like some garbage characters were inserted into your message.

Nightfox

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Nightfox on Mon May 14 02:03:26 2012
    By: Nightfox to James Haight on Sun May 13 2012 08:35 pm

By: James Haight to All on Sun May 13 2012 12:13:08

mV╠PV  > > Personal note - I've seen RUSH there six times since 1996 (originally
    mV╠PV  > called
    mV╠PV  > > Nissan Pavilion). Pretty good place to see a concert.

I think something might be wrong with your system or the BBS you're posting from. It looks like some garbage characters were inserted into your message

Nightfox

I dont like rush. he always sounds like he's loaded.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Mon May 14 14:40:56 2012
    By: Nightfox to James Haight on Sun May 13 2012 08:35 pm

I think something might be wrong with your system or the BBS you're posting from. It looks like some garbage characters were inserted into your message.

yeah same here. i got a faceful of bad chars the other day.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Mark Hofmann@VERT/TCP to James Haight on Thu Jul 26 18:43:16 2012
    What is the Baltimore Civic Center / Baltimore Arena called now? That always had the best sound. I saw Jethro Tull there and then ran into the band afterwards at some hotel where my wife and I went for drinks. Unfortunately I made an ass of myself when I got up the nerve to go over
    to Ian Anderson's table to say "Hello!" He politely said "I'm with the lady!" meaning his guest and then I realized how he needed his privacy. I then apologized and said I was a fan for 30 years and thanked him for a wonderful show. He melted a bit and came over to our table later and made some small talk.

I believe it is called the "1st Mariner Arena".

Regardless of these marketing names, I will always call them by their original name. Baltimore Arena. Same with the Capital Center, etc..etc..

I have run into a few band members over the years in after show / meet and greets, etc. A few I can think of off the top of my head would be all the members of Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach (when he was with Skid Row many years ago), Crossfade, and all the members of Alter Bridge - including Mark Tremonti,
    Miles Kennedy, etc.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
  • From Bob Jones@VERT/ALECOEXP to Mark Hofmann on Sun Sep 16 05:29:29 2012
    What is the Baltimore Civic Center / Baltimore Arena called now? That always had the best sound. I saw Jethro Tull there and then ran into the band afterwards at some hotel where my wife and I went for drinks. Unfortunately I made an ass of myself when I got up the nerve to go
    over to Ian Anderson's table to say "Hello!" He politely said "I'm
    with the lady!" meaning his guest and then I realized how he needed his privacy. I then apologized and said I was a fan for 30 years and
    thanked him for a wonderful show. He melted a bit and came over to our table later and made some small talk.

I believe it is called the "1st Mariner Arena".

Regardless of these marketing names, I will always call them by their original name. Baltimore Arena. Same with the Capital Center, etc..etc..

I have run into a few band members over the years in after show / meet and greets, etc. A few I can think of off the top of my head would be all the members of Fates Warning, Sebastian Bach (when he was with Skid Row many years ago), Crossfade, and all the members of Alter Bridge - including Mark Tremonti, Miles Kennedy, etc.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
    . Synchronet . curmudge.hopto.org

---
    * Synchronet * Aleco Experience BBS [alecoexp.dyndns.org] - online