• Classic Movies Vs New Movies

From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to All on Mon Nov 5 02:56:23 2012
    Hi. I have a thing for the old type movies (not B&W though) because they had so
    much style. When I watch the new movies, I can only watch them once and forget about it but the old movies from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, I just can watch it ovver and over again. What about you? Do you feel the same way as me? What's your take on all of this?

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place
    Surrey, B.C., Canada █ ♠ █

the.millionaire@parkave.synchro.net

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to The Millionaire on Mon Nov 5 03:50:10 2012
    Re: Classic Movies Vs New Movies
    By: The Millionaire to All on Sun Nov 04 2012 09:56 pm

Subject: Classic Movies Vs New Movies
    @VIA: PARKAVE
    @MSGID: <50975507.2.dove-ent@parkave.synchro.net>
    @TZ: 41e0
    Hi. I have a thing for the old type movies (not B&W though) because they had much style. When I watch the new movies, I can only watch them once and forg about it but the old movies from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, I just can watch it ovver and over again. What about you? Do you feel the same way as m What's your take on all of this?

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

I can fix that.
    on youtube look up a gem called Rat Phink and Boo Boo.
    a fine cash flag film. watch it till your brain says no more.

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to The Millionaire on Mon Nov 5 21:50:58 2012
    By: The Millionaire to All on Sun Nov 04 2012 09:56 pm

and forget about it but the old movies from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's,
    I just can watch it ovver and over again. What about you? Do you feel the same way as me? What's your take on all of this?

only movie i can watch over and over again is fight club.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Mro on Tue Nov 6 18:43:24 2012
    By: Mro to The Millionaire on Mon Nov 05 2012 04:50 pm

Tron for me (first one), seen it a few hundred times since the first time my mom took me to see it in the theater.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net
  • From The Millionaire@VERT/PARKAVE to Android8675 on Wed Nov 7 17:35:24 2012
    By: Android8675 to Mro on Tue Nov 06 2012 01:43 pm

By: Mro to The Millionaire on Mon Nov 05 2012 04:50 pm

Tron for me (first one), seen it a few hundred times since the first time
    my mom took me to see it in the theater.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

Yeah Tron was a really cool movie for its time. Tron 2: The Legacy kinda fell flat on its face though.

$ The Millionaire $
    Park Avenue Place

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Park Avenue Place - parkave.synchro.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to The Millionaire on Thu Nov 8 03:44:19 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Android8675 on Wed Nov 07 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah Tron was a really cool movie for its time. Tron 2: The Legacy kinda fell flat on its face though.

yeah tron2 sucked. so did the cgi on jeff bridges face and him trying to do dialog through those dentures.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to The Millionaire on Fri Nov 9 19:05:35 2012
    By: The Millionaire to Android8675 on Wed Nov 07 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Classic Movies Vs New Movies By: Android8675 to Mro on Tue Nov 06
    2012 01:43 pm
    Yeah Tron was a really cool movie for its time. Tron 2: The Legacy
    kinda fell flat on its face though.

Agree, though I LOVE watching it on my 3D tv. Mostly just the light cycle scenes though. If friends come over I just put on the "demo mode" on the
    disc, blows them away.

Too bad I blew out my amp the other months. :( Need to find a decent replacement one of these days.
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to The Millionaire on Mon Nov 12 01:41:40 2012
    By: The Millionaire to All on Sun Nov 04 2012 21:56:23

Hi. I have a thing for the old type movies (not B&W though) because they
    had so much style. When I watch the new movies, I can only watch them once and forget about it but the old movies from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's,
    I just can watch it ovver and over again. What about you? Do you feel the same way as me? What's your take on all of this?

With some exceptions, I tend to get bored with many movies that were made up until the 80s or so. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 80s & 90s and remember the times when those movies came out. When I was growing up, my dad took me to see a movie in the theater almost every Sunday without fail. There was this certain flair that movies had in the 80s and 90s - but I suppose that could be said about movies from any decade. Certain movies from the 80s seem to just have this great style that keeps your interest for the whole movie, such as the Back to the Future movies, the Indiana Jones movies, Short Circuit, etc., etc.. And maybe for others, I remember the excitement of seeing them when they came out, such as Terminator 2 and Total Recall (the original 1990 version). Just recently, about a month ago, I finally watched The Hunt For Red October, which I hadn't seen before, and I really enjoyed it. I liked the story, and it had some great acting from Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, and the other actors who were in the movie.

Recently I was remembering that 1989 seemed like a good year in particular for movies - Batman, Back To The Future II, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Ghostbusters II, and Field Of Dreams were among my favorite movies released that year. There were other good movies released that year too.

There are some older movies I have seen which I like for their style, though, including How To Kill A Mockingbird and Dr. Strangelove. And in high school, I took a "film literature" class as an English elecitve, which focused on classic movies from the early-mid 20th century, such as Casablanca and several Alfred Hitchcock movies (Vertigo, Psycho, and Rear Window). They were definitely all good movies.

These days, I rarely see movies in the theater anymore. Between 2005 and now, I'd guess I've seen maybe 5 or 6 movies in the theater. When I see movies these days, I usually rent them or watch them on NetFlix. I tend not to be as excited to watch movies these days as I used to be.

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion BBS - digitaldistortionbbs.com