• Re: Local tv shows 2009

From cogniben77@VERT/TRN to Gary Perkins on Mon Mar 25 20:52:06 2013
    In closing that local tv is probably to much focused on death and murder investigations to medical hospital dramas and so on. If anyone has anything to add, or agree with me on this that tv today on local channels are pretty much repetative that feel free to add your thoughts on the matter.

I agree.
    Ever noticed movies are the same way? It's like producers have spies
    in their competition. Each year they (movies and tv) hear the "hot new thing", and rush to get their own version out. One year it may be scifi, the next superheroes, then everyone wants a sequel to the blockbusters of five years ago, and so on.

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!" --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ├╛ Synchronet ├╛ Texas Assistance BBS - setxbbs.synchro.net

thanks for the response or comments gary. you made some good points about movies. it does seem that every year they follow whatever or whoever starts a movie at low budget and blows it up in the box office with ratings and money. now today since i posted this message long ago. that netflix is now making movies and they started out as a onling renting movie service. then they proceeded to brand out to offering stuff streaming on your tv or computer. now it seems they are making their own movies from putting together a cast and make a movie from all those people that had likes and dislikes on their websight when they watch movies or rent movies.

chris

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - http://roughneckbbs.com
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to cogniben77 on Tue Mar 26 15:20:18 2013
    Re: Re: Local tv shows 2009
    By: cogniben77 to Gary Perkins on Mon Mar 25 2013 04:52 pm

thanks for the response or comments gary. you made some
    good points about movies. it does seem that every year they follow
    whatever or whoever starts a movie at low budget and blows it up in the
    box office with ratings and money. now today since i posted this message long ago. that netflix is now making movies and they started out as a onling renting movie service. then they proceeded to brand out to
    offering stuff streaming on your tv or computer. now it seems they are making their own movies from putting together a cast and make a movie from all those people that had likes and dislikes on their websight when they watch movies or rent movies.

I've only seen one Netflix original...can't remember the title at the moment, but it was very political, focusing on a senator. It was actually *really* good, and I'm hoping they produce another season. I doubt they will, though, as it was wrapped up nicely, and made the points the show set out to make. Only one or two minor details were really left open for a new season to pursue.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Southeast Texas Chat