• Dr. Who

From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to All on Mon May 20 23:53:00 2013
    Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last one
    completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twist!

--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Southeast Texas Chat
  • From Nonya@VERT/PIMPTAST to Dreamer on Tue May 21 17:11:25 2013
    Re: Dr. Who
    By: Dreamer to All on Mon May 20 2013 19:53:00

john Hurt!

already figured otut where he is in the "Doctor" line and it is not pretty.

Nonya - Pimptastic BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Nonya's Pimptastic BBS
  • From Dribble@VERT/LUNATIC to Dreamer on Tue May 21 23:33:03 2013
    By: Dreamer to All on Mon May 20 2013 07:53 pm

Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last one completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twist!

Yeah, I am soooo annoyed that I have to wait all the way till november to see the conclusion, on the bright side well have David tennant in the next episode as well :) should be interesting watching matt smith interract with him.

-Dribble {lunatic.zapto.org}

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Lunatic Fringe - lunatic.zapto.org
  • From Dribble@VERT/LUNATIC to Nonya on Tue May 21 23:34:35 2013
    By: Nonya to Dreamer on Tue May 21 2013 01:11 pm

john Hurt!
    already figured otut where he is in the "Doctor" line and it is not

what bothers me about this is a few things, #1 this would make matt smith the last doctor as there can only be 12, and #2 they have shown all his past incarnations now in his timeline but if its his entire life it should of showed his future incarnations as well, unless he doesn't have any.

---
  • From The Student@VERT/QBBS to DRIBBLE on Wed May 22 08:46:00 2013
    --- DRIBBLE wrote --^G> Re: Dr. Wh
    By: Dreamer to

Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last on completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twist

Yeah, I am soooo annoyed that I have to wait all the way till november to the conclusion, on the bright side well have David tennant in the next epi
    as well :) should be interesting watching matt smith interract with him

-Dribble {lunatic.zapto.org
    --
    Synchronet Lunatic Fringe - lunatic.zapto.or

---
    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies!" -Seven

---
    * TARDIS BBS - Home of QUARKware * telnet bbs.cortex-media.info
  • From The Student@VERT/QBBS to The Student on Wed May 22 08:49:00 2013
    --- The Student wrote --

--- DRIBBLE wrote --^G> Re:
    By: Dreamer to

Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last o completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twis

Yeah, I am soooo annoyed that I have to wait all the way till november t the conclusion, on the bright side well have David tennant in the next e
    as well :) should be interesting watching matt smith interract with hi

-Dribble {lunatic.zapto.or

-
    Synchronet Lunatic Fringe - lunatic.zapto.o

--
    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies!" -Seve

---

---
  • From The Student@VERT/QBBS to The Student on Wed May 22 08:53:00 2013
    Sorry, seems my last two messages went wonky. Anywho, regarding the John Hurt incarnation. I don't seem him as an 8.5 or "True Nine" incarnation so much as a potential amalgamation or Valeyard type Doctor. With that said, November can not get here quickly enough.

--- DRIBBLE wrote --^G> Re: 0
    By: Dreamer

Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twi

Yeah, I am soooo annoyed that I have to wait all the way till november the conclusion, on the bright side well have David tennant in the next
    as well :) should be interesting watching matt smith interract with h

-Dribble {lunatic.zapto.o

Synchronet Lunatic Fringe - lunatic.zapto.

---

---
  • From Corey@VERT/TSGC to Dribble on Wed May 22 01:36:00 2013
    By: Dribble to Dreamer on Tue May 21 2013 07:33 pm

By: Dreamer to All on Mon May 20 2013 07:53 pm

Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last one completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twist!

Yeah, I am soooo annoyed that I have to wait all the way till november to se the conclusion, on the bright side well have David tennant in the next episo as well :) should be interesting watching matt smith interract with him.

-Dribble {lunatic.zapto.org}

dr who's on first?

"Practise safe Lunch, Use a Condiment"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Three Stooges Gentlemens Club - Las Vegas, Nv - tsgc.dyndns.org
  • From the doctor@VERT/QBBS to DREAMER on Wed May 22 20:14:00 2013
    --- DREAMER wrote --
    Any other Whovians get to see the latest Doctor Who? This last on
    completely blew me away. Looks like we're in for another big twist

Absolutely. I really enjoyed that one, although if what I think is going on is going on, it's a bit of a shaft to Paul McGann...

---
  • From the doctor@VERT/QBBS to DRIBBLE on Wed May 22 20:17:00 2013
    --- DRIBBLE wrote --

what bothers me about this is a few things, #1 this would make matt smith last doctor as there can only be 12, and #2 they have shown all his pas incarnations now in his timeline but if its his entire life it should of s his future incarnations as well, unless he doesn't have any

As long as the BBC wants to keep producing their highly thought of and highly rated drama, I'm sure they will think of a way around that. I can think of several... the most obvious is River Song saving The Doctor by giving him her remaining regenerations.

---
  • From the doctor@VERT/QBBS to The Student on Wed May 22 20:18:00 2013
    --- The Student wrote --
    Sorry, seems my last two messages went wonky. Anywho, regarding the John H incarnation. I don't seem him as an 8.5 or "True Nine" incarnation so much
    a potential amalgamation or Valeyard type Doctor. With that said, November not get here quickly enough

Considering that they went out of their way to put on the screen, right next to his face, "Introducing John Hurt as The Doctor" I think that's unlikely.

---
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to The Student on Wed May 22 12:53:00 2013
    The Student wrote to The Student <=-

Sorry, seems my last two messages went wonky. Anywho, regarding the
    John Hurt incarnation. I don't seem him as an 8.5 or "True Nine" incarnation so much as a potential amalgamation or Valeyard type
    Doctor. With that said, November can not get here quickly enough.

Yeah, it'd been so many years since classic Who, and I hadn't kept up
    with any books or comics... I'd read a few people say something about
    the Valeyard, and I had to go look it up. I'm amazed that I had
    forgotten about it (not sure "him" is really appropriate enough), as
    those are my all time favorite episodes.

At first, I thought that this couldn't be another Valeyard. For those
    who aren't in the know, the 4th Doctor was being tried on Gallifrey by
    the High Council for crimes against the laws of Time. The Valeyard (a Gallifreyan prosecutor) turned out to be an echo of the Doctor, a
    future possibility or something like that. The High Council promised
    him permanent substance if he could successfully prosecute the Doctor. Apparently they were going to use the Doctor's remaining regenerations
    to accomplish that.

So, in order for this to be another Valeyard, then I would imagine the
    next episode might involve Gallifrey and the High Council. I think
    they're the only ones who can bring an echo of a Time Lord into
    temporary (or permanent) being. Perhaps we're finally going to see
    more of the Time War?

• From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to the doctor on Wed May 22 17:26:49 2013
    By: the doctor to DREAMER on Wed May 22 2013 04:14 pm

Absolutely. I really enjoyed that one, although if what I think is going
    on is going on, it's a bit of a shaft to Paul McGann...

I doubt it's going to be that. Paul McGann has actually been quite active in Doctor Who via audio books. I'm certain if it was going to be his iteration on screen, they would have asked him (and I'm sure he'd accept).

It's a wonder they haven't aired him yet.

---
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to the doctor on Wed May 22 17:31:31 2013
    By: the doctor to DRIBBLE on Wed May 22 2013 04:17 pm

As long as the BBC wants to keep producing their highly thought of and highly rated drama, I'm sure they will think of a way around that. I can think of several... the most obvious is River Song saving The Doctor by giving him her remaining regenerations.

I read somewhere that the current series has the Doctor as saying he's got 705 regenerations. I need to go back and find that, and look at the source. (could be 507, been a few days)

I don't personally recall that, of course, and have also been wondering what they're going to do. They've really burned through a few regens lately, and the end of his allotted time is coming.

Of course, I've got this nagging thought in the back of my mind that somewhere in the old series Gallifrey had something to do with the number of regenerations. It could very well be that with the Time War they increased their regenerative capabilities. Perhaps the Doctor has been left with an inordinately high number of regens.

---
  • From Dribble@VERT/LUNATIC to Dreamer on Thu May 23 00:12:46 2013
    By: Dreamer to the doctor on Wed May 22 2013 01:31 pm

I read somewhere that the current series has the Doctor as saying he's got 705 regenerations. I need to go back and find that, and look at the source. (could be 507, been a few days)

Actually the Doctor did say that in the new series, however it was also implied that he was joking.

Of course, I've got this nagging thought in the back of my mind that somewhere in the old series Gallifrey had something to do with the number of regenerations. It could very well be that with the Time War they increased their regenerative capabilities. Perhaps the Doctor has been left with an inordinately high number of regens.

The Time Lords themselves assigned regenerations to other Time Lords, which is how The Master actually ended up with a extra 12 regeneration cycles. But with the Time Lords locked, there is no way they could assign him another nor would they have in the past I think (they never really cared for the doctor, even forced him to regenerate once.)

---
  • From the doctor@VERT/QBBS to DREAMER on Thu May 23 13:41:00 2013
    --- DREAMER wrote --

I doubt it's going to be that. Paul McGann has actually been quite active Doctor Who via audio books. I'm certain if it was going to be his iterati screen, they would have asked him (and I'm sure he'd accept)

It's a wonder they haven't aired him yet

I didn't mean they were going to have John Hurt be *his* Doctor, I meant that instead of using his Doctor to be the one who ended the time war, they've created another.

I can understand the dramatic reasons for wanting to do that, however, it seems to me that as they asked Eccelston back, they probably wanted to have a three Doctor show.

I'm sure it will be good, in any case... I don't think that Moffat is into the inviting old actors back idea.

---
  • From The Student@VERT/QBBS to the doctor on Fri May 24 00:22:00 2013
    --- the doctor wrote -- >
    --- DREAMER wrote -

I doubt it's going to be that. Paul McGann has actually been quite acti Doctor Who via audio books. I'm certain if it was going to be his itera screen, they would have asked him (and I'm sure he'd accept

It's a wonder they haven't aired him ye

I didn't mean they were going to have John Hurt be *his* Doctor, I meant t instead of using his Doctor to be the one who ended the time war, they've created another

I can understand the dramatic reasons for wanting to do that, however, it seems to me that as they asked Eccelston back, they probably wanted to hav three Doctor show.

I'm sure it will be good, in any case... I don't think that Moffat is into inviting old actors back idea

Hope springs eternal. Though I have to wonder what is the point of showcasing so many classic Doctors in building up to the special but then not wanting to invite the actors (especially in the case of McGann who has been vocal about wanting to return). I agree though, it will be good. :-)

---

---
  • From Android8675@VERT/SHODAN to Dribble on Fri May 24 14:49:50 2013
    By: Dribble to Nonya on Tue May 21 2013 07:34 pm

By: Nonya to Dreamer on Tue May 21 2013 01:11 pm
    john Hurt!
    what bothers me about this is a few things, #1 this would make matt smith the last doctor as there can only be 12, and #2 they have shown all his past incarnations now in his timeline but if its his entire life it should of showed his future incarnations as well, unless he doesn't have any.

Did you notice that the dead Tardis had the same window crack as Matt Smith's Tardis when they crash landed on Trenselor?

I suspect Matt is Dr. #12, but somehow I doubt he'll be the last Doctor, but hey 50 years is a good run for a series, They should just pull a Star Trek and reboot the series. It is time travel after all, what's not possible?
    --
    Andy/Android8675

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core - shodan.synchro.net
  • From Dreamer@VERT/SETXBBS to Android8675 on Sat May 25 15:33:00 2013
    Android8675 wrote to Dribble <=-

Did you notice that the dead Tardis had the same window crack as Matt Smith's Tardis when they crash landed on Trenselor?

I myself hadn't noticed that, good eye.

I suspect Matt is Dr. #12, but somehow I doubt he'll be the last
    Doctor, but hey 50 years is a good run for a series, They should just
    pull a Star Trek and reboot the series. It is time travel after all, what's not possible? --

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Hopefully they'll hold off several more
    years if they do. I'm anxious to see the Time Lords and Gallifrey
    return.