• Speaking of Superheros - The DC Universe is getting action

From Ian Mcdonald@VERT/LIVEWIRE to All on Fri Apr 15 01:48:39 2016
    I've really enjoyed Legends of Tomorrow more than any other. It's had some very clever plot lines.

Ian

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ SONOS - livewirebbs.ddns.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Ian Mcdonald on Fri Apr 15 04:39:51 2016
    Re: Speaking of Superheros - The DC Universe is getting action
    By: Ian Mcdonald to All on Thu Apr 14 2016 09:48 pm

I've really enjoyed Legends of Tomorrow more than any other. It's had some very clever plot lines.

i like the flash and i like arrow but this show is a stinker in my opinion.
    the acting is just horrible too.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Ian Mcdonald@VERT/LIVEWIRE to Mro on Tue Apr 19 08:25:39 2016

the acting is just horrible too.

bad acting or if that's just how they talk. The only one that makes some sort of sense is Rip Hunter. They are really underusing Wentworth Miller though... has great talent but is playing a very campy character.

The last episode with Jonah Hex was a real treat. I'm liking what I see all the way around... the Arrow, the Flash, Supergirl, Gotham, and even Legends of Tomorrow. They are really upping their presence with the DC Universe.

And if you look at the concept of worlds within worlds they are doing a great job too. The movie universe is different than the tv universe and then Gotham exists in a time bubble. So we really have three distinctly encapsulated universes going at the same time. Since Gotham is the beginning of the villans how are we so certain that they will appear the same way in the new universes.

My only sadness is that they did a pilot of Aquaman called "Mercy Reef" starring Justin Hartley. I know this was a concession to his work as Oliver Queen on Superboy (oops that is a 4th distinct universe that's ended). It wasn't that bad and made me want to see another episode or two before I make up me mind.

Most importantly is that there is some sort of continutity between the shows... and now there's continutity between the movies.

Now I wasn't a big fan of the Batman vs. Superman movie it left me wanting more of Wonder Woman... LOTs More. Somehow if Batman kept fighting Superman I think WW would have hemmed up Doomsday all on her own. I like that they are taking it back to being a "goddess" instead of the Lynda Carter "Paradise Island" myth. Even her theme music was exciting... got me blood pumping... and Gal Gadot really has me bespelled.

Ian

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Derby City LiveWire - Louisville, KY - derbycitybbs.ddns.net
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Ian Mcdonald on Wed Apr 20 20:56:53 2016
    By: Ian Mcdonald to Mro on Tue Apr 19 2016 04:25 am

more of Wonder Woman... LOTs More. Somehow if Batman kept fighting
    Superman I think WW would have hemmed up Doomsday all on her own. I like that they are taking it back to being a "goddess" instead of the Lynda Carter "Paradise Island" myth. Even her theme music was exciting... got me blood pumping... and Gal Gadot really has me bespelled.

i watched it too. barely remember it. i think she might have to take out a restraining order on you if things get worse.

i wonder how long until people are sick of zombies and superheroes.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Patch@VERT/R2LOTW to Mro on Fri Apr 22 14:38:00 2016
    By: Mro to Ian Mcdonald on Wed Apr 20 2016 04:56 pm

I'd actually like to see the DCU produce movies that don't include "The Holy Trinity".

I saw an image online in Google+ that I saved to use later of Dr Fate. It got me thinking how cool a movie would be about him.

Thoughts?

-Patch

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ R2LOTW - Telnet Only - defshard.synology.me