• Loretta Lynn Celebrates 2017 w/Grammy Nomination & More

From tbirdsradio@VERT/TBIRDS to All on Wed Jan 11 17:34:19 2017
    Loretta Lynn Celebrates 2017 with Grammy Nomination, Country Music Hall of Fame Exhibit and US Concert Dates including Two 85th Birthday Shows at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium on April 14-15

NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- 2017 is already shaping up as a banner year in the life and career of American music icon Loretta Lynn, whose album, Full Circle, has received a Grammy nomination for Best Country Album.

Released to universal acclaim in March 2016, Full Circle was recorded at the Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee and was produced by Patsy Lynn Russell and John Carter Cash. Full Circle is available now on CD, LP and digitally, please visit: https://lorettalynn.lnk.to/54_0Zpr.

Her first studio album for Legacy Recordings, Full Circle is also Loretta's first album of new recordings since Van Lear Rose, her 2004 collaboration with Jack White which took home a pair of Grammys including Best Country Album and Best Country Collaboration with Vocals (for "Portland, Oregon"). Full Circle is Loretta Lynn's 40th Top 10 Country album and the highest-charting album she's ever had on the Billboard 200. To-date, Loretta Lynn has been awarded four Grammys including the prestigious Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010.

"I've enjoyed making music for 56 years now," said Loretta when hearing that Full Circle was nominated for the Grammy for Best Country Album. "It feels good to know that people are still listening and appreciate what I do. I'm so thankful and proud."

A favorite with both critics and fans, Full Circle has been prominent on many 2016 Year End Best Of Lists."....strong enough to stand as a career capper - but it's lively enough to suggest she's far from ready to quit," wrote Rolling Stone in its 40 Best Country Albums of 2016 list while Entertainment Weekly called it "...one of her warmest, most memorable collections ever. That her gorgeous, distinctive vocal has lost none of its shine is just the cherry on top." "Her clear, honey-sweet voice twangs earnestly, resolutely, and without a scrap of hesitation," observed Noisey, "because even at age 84, the coal miner's daughter is still a force of nature."

As part of its 50th anniversary commemoration, the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum is mounting a major exhibition--opening on August 25, 2017--focused on the life, art and music of Loretta Lynn. "I am so happy the Country Music Hall of Fame has asked me to be one of their main exhibits in 2017...gonna show off my 50 some odd years in country music!," exclaimed Loretta on hearing news of the exhibition. "They best have a big space...I have a lot of stuff! I'm so proud to share my life, and music with the Hall of Fame. Y'all come see us!"

With her 85th birthday coming up on April 14, the fabled Ryman Auditorium in Nashville has slated two celebratory shows for April 14 and April 15.

PBS will be re-airing the acclaimed "American Masters - Loretta Lynn: Still a Mountain Girl" on January 27, 2017 at 10pm. The documentary had its world premiere on March 4, 2016, on the same day as the release of Full Circle.

About Loretta Lynn
    Loretta Lynn has long been established as the undisputed Queen of Country Music, with more than 50 years of recording and touring to her name. A self-taught guitarist and songwriter, Lynn was one of the most distinctive performers in Nashville in the 1960s and 1970s. She shook up Nashville by writing her own songs, many of which tackled boundary-pushing topics drawn from her own life experiences as a wife and mother. "Coal Miner's Daughter," "Fist City" and "Don't Come Home A' Drinkin' (With Lovin' on Your Mind)" are just three of 16 country No. 1 singles.

Lynn is also one of the most awarded musicians of all time. She has been inducted into more music Halls of Fame than any female recording artist, including The Country Music Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and was the first woman to be named the Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year in 1972. Lynn received Kennedy Center Honors in 2003 and a Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2013. In 2015, she was named recipient of Billboard's inaugural Women in Music "Legend" Award. Lynn has won four Grammy Awards (including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2010) and sold more than 45 million records worldwide.

LorettaLynn.com
    LegacyRecordings.com

Loretta Lynn 2017 Concerts ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Feb 17 The Mahaffey Theater - St Petersburg, FL

Feb 18 Alabama Theater - North Myrtle Beach, SC

Mar 03 Gruene Hall - New Braunfels, TX Sold Out

Mar 04 Gruene Hall - New Braunfels, TX Sold Out

Mar 31 Louisville Palace - Louisville, KY

Apr 01 Americana Spring Celebration at Blackberry Farm Walland, TN

Apr 07 Gaillard Auditorium - Charleston, SC

Apr 14 Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN

Apr 15 Ryman Auditorium - Nashville, TN

Apr 21 Tilles Center Concert Hall - Brookville, NY

Apr 22 The Tarrytown Music Hall - Tarrytown, NY

May 12 Penn's Peak - Jim Thorpe, PA

May 13 Beacon Theatre - Richmond, VA