• Twin Peaks

From Josh Ramsey@VERT/BASEMENT to All on Mon Apr 3 16:46:36 2017
    Anybody excited to see how you resolve a 26-year-old cliffhanger like having Dale Cooper appear to be possessed by BOB? ;-)

Even now that we've had the "Golden Age of Television" and loads of
    contenders for "the best show ever" in the last 10 years, Twin Peaks is still my favorite. As easy as it could be to drop the ball on such a weird situation as continuing (not rebooting) something that ended so long ago, I'm still very excited about next month's premiere.

What do you think?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Basement Theory BBS ■ basement.synchro.net
  • From Netshadowx@VERT/TOXIC to Josh Ramsey on Mon Apr 17 12:57:39 2017
    Anybody excited to see how you resolve a 26-year-old cliffhanger like
    having Dale Cooper appear to be possessed by BOB? ;-)

Even now that we've had the "Golden Age of Television" and loads of contenders for "the best show ever" in the last 10 years, Twin Peaks is still my favorite. As easy as it could be to drop the ball on such a weird situation as continuing (not rebooting) something that ended so long ago, I'm still very excited about next month's premiere.

What do you think?

---

I have not yet seen Twin Peaks myself, but I heard a lot of people who watched Gravity Falls with me say it was a lot like that. I would love to check it
    out, though of course I am rather late to the game.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Toxic Laboratory BBS - Home of BBSlink.net - toxicbbs.com
  • From Josh Ramsey@VERT/BASEMENT to Netshadowx on Thu Apr 20 21:30:14 2017
    Re: Re: Twin Peaks
    By: Netshadowx to Josh Ramsey on Mon Apr 17 2017 08:57 am

I have not yet seen Twin Peaks myself, but I heard a lot of people who watched Gravity Falls with me say it was a lot like that. I would love to check it out, though of course I am rather late to the game.

I haven't seen Gravity Falls, yet. I'm always far too late on the better animated shows. However, some other more up-to-date programs that gave off a Twin Peaks vibe are Stranger Things, Wayward Pines, The Returned (Les Revenants), and The Killing. And, Twin Peaks heavily influenced quite a few quirky shows right after its original airing, Northern Exposure and Picket Fences being perhaps the most notable. The X-Files even borrowed heavily from the style.

The new season, 26 years after the end of the previous one, should be pretty interesting. I'm not sure if it will be something you definitely need to have seen the earlier series to get into, but it certainly couldn't hurt. After all, it's a continuation, not a "reboot," featuring most of the original cast in their original roles.

I'm certainly excited, though.

---