• Microsoft trashing people's computers

From Pparker@VERT/OUTWEST to Jagossel on Mon Oct 8 14:47:19 2018
    Head's up, everyone. The Windows 10 October 2018 update might destroy your user profile if you're storing your files locally and not on
    OneDrive.
    Back up your stuff before running tge update or restarting your computer to apply the update.

I just turned on my desktop today, and my profile got trashed; and now my computer lags something aweful, rendering it nearly useless. I am
    trying to run the media creation tool from Microsoft on my wife's laptop to use it on my trashed desktop. It failed the first time, and if it
    failes the second time, I'll have to install GNU/Linux and see about downloading the proper ISO. Supposedly, you can download the Windows 10 ISO
    on other OSes, but on Windows, you're forced to use the media creation tool.

lol, maybe it'll be the year of the GNU/Linux desktp after all this time finally. xD

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ the Outwest BBS - outwestbbs.com - Email denn@outwestbbs.com
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Pparker on Mon Oct 8 22:14:52 2018
    Re: Microsoft trashing people's computers
    By: Pparker to Jagossel on Mon Oct 08 2018 10:47 am

trying to run the media creation tool from Microsoft on my wife's laptop to use it on my trashed desktop. It failed the first time, and if it
    failes the second time, I'll have to install GNU/Linux and see about downloading the proper ISO. Supposedly, you can download the Windows 10 ISO on other OSes, but on Windows, you're forced to use the media creation tool.

pretty sure you copy the files to a usb drive and do
    bootsect /nt60 [drive letter]: and it works

what i'm wondering about is on all my computers THAT update didnt run.
    so did you guysh force unnecessary updates?
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::