• Hangups

From Toadster@VERT/CYBERIA to All on Sun Oct 7 20:02:00 2018
    When I first heard about those take-home do-it-yourself DNA paternity tests,
    I must admit that for some reason I can't fathom, I was vehemently opposed to the idea. Then I realized that such an invention might be instrumental in getting Maury off the air, so I said, "Why not?" :)

It just goes to show that when you let go of old-fashioned hangups and pre-conceived notions, sometimes you find that things really aren't so bad after all. Sometimes you find that these things are just as bad, or worse. In any event, you should learn as much as you can about someone or something before you can really judge them.

Sorry if I'm sounding a little bit too preachy here, but this is what's been
    on my mind lately, and I don't have anyone in the real world to talk to about it, so I thought I'd say it here.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | cyberiabbs.zapto.org | San Jose, CA
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Toadster on Wed Oct 10 15:29:00 2018
    On 10-07-18 16:02, Toadster wrote to All <=-

@VIA: VERT/CYBERIA
    When I first heard about those take-home do-it-yourself DNA paternity tests, I must admit that for some reason I can't fathom, I was
    vehemently opposed to the idea. Then I realized that such an invention might be instrumental in getting Maury off the air, so I said, "Why
    not?" :)

Haha not something I'll ever need to use, unless I have supernatural abilities I don't know of! :D But I'm certainly not opposed to the idea

It just goes to show that when you let go of old-fashioned hangups and pre-conceived notions, sometimes you find that things really aren't so
    bad after all. Sometimes you find that these things are just as bad, or worse. In any event, you should learn as much as you can about someone
    or something before you can really judge them.

Agree, I try to approach new things with an open mind, and reserve any decision about something being good or bad until at least I have had a chance to look at some facts.

Sorry if I'm sounding a little bit too preachy here, but this is what's been on my mind lately, and I don't have anyone in the real world to
    talk to about it, so I thought I'd say it here.

Fair enough! :)

... The one question you've always wanted clarified. What did she say?
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51
    ■ Synchronet ■ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Toadster on Wed Oct 10 01:51:11 2018
    Re: Hangups
    By: Toadster to All on Sun Oct 07 2018 04:02 pm

When I first heard about those take-home do-it-yourself DNA paternity tests, I must admit that for some reason I can't fathom, I was vehemently opposed to the idea. Then I realized that such an invention might be instrumental in getting Maury off the air, so I said, "Why not?" :)

there's a lot of women who are just whores, and they act like regular people. they look normal and act normal but cheat on their husbands or they're sexual deviants.

my lawyer told me to always get a paternity test because she's seen some crazy stuff where guys paid for years and they were not the father.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Vk3jed on Wed Oct 10 00:35:58 2018
    Re: Re: Hangups
    By: Vk3jed to Toadster on Wed Oct 10 2018 11:29 am

Notice how these QWK kluge lines are appearing in your quoted messages?

@VIA: VERT/CYBERIA
    @VIA: VERT/OUTWEST
    @TZ: c1a4

I'd like to help you resolve that. If you're using a QWK offline reader, you probably just need to turn off those QWK options for your user account (on your BBS) as they don't appear to be supported by your offline reader.

If it's something else, I'd like to find out what and hopefully help you to resolve it. :-)

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #12:
    DCE = Data Communications Equipment (or Deuce, Stephen Hurd)
    Norco, CA WX: 62.2°F, 79.0% humidity, 5 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Digital Man on Thu Oct 11 12:45:00 2018
    On 10-09-18 20:35, Digital Man wrote to Vk3jed <=-

I'd like to help you resolve that. If you're using a QWK offline
    reader, you probably just need to turn off those QWK options for your
    user account (on your BBS) as they don't appear to be supported by your offline reader.

I see them in received messages, the @VIA kludge line is sometimes helpful to see routing, could turn the @TZ one off, that's not so useful for human reading. :)

... Black holes are outa sight!
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.51
    ■ Synchronet ■ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au
  • From Toadster@VERT/VALHALLA to MRO on Thu Oct 11 14:09:00 2018
    Re: Hangups
    By: MRO to Toadster on Tue Oct 09 2018 09:51 pm

there's a lot of women who are just whores, and they act like regular people. they look normal and act normal but cheat on their husbands or they're sexual deviants.

That may have something to do with why I was so dead-set against home paternity tests.

my lawyer told me to always get a paternity test because she's seen some crazy stuff where guys paid for years and they were not the father.

But, I guess, these things do happen, and I think that in a way, we're actually doing people a good service because of what you just said.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Valhalla Home Services ■ USA ■ http://valhalla.synchro.net