• Facebook/Google Bans

From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to All on Wed Apr 10 00:06:00 2019
    Wouldn't it be something if BBS's became the replacement for groups/message bases covering white supremacy and white nationalists, since Facebook and Google has banned them spreading their ummm information?

Food for thought.

Mike

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Central Ontario Remote
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Mickey on Wed Apr 10 01:04:01 2019
    Re: Facebook/Google Bans
    By: Mickey to All on Tue Apr 09 2019 08:06 pm

Wouldn't it be something if BBS's became the replacement for groups/message bases covering white supremacy and white nationalists, since Facebook and Google has banned them spreading their ummm information?

Food for thought.

i think 'white nationalists' are a media creation.
    i dont think there's a strong base of white supremacy in the usa, either.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From dmxrob@VERT/STLWEST to Mickey on Wed Apr 10 13:10:50 2019

No it wouldn't be something - it would be awful. I would refuse to belong to any network that allowed groups like that.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Gateway to the West [ bbs.homelabber.net ]
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to dmxrob on Wed Apr 10 22:52:00 2019
    By: dmxrob to Mickey on Wed Apr 10 2019 09:10 am

No it wouldn't be something - it would be awful. I would refuse to belong to any network that allowed groups like that.

but what is a white nationalist? that's just some made up media word. and if someone is for the country they live in, whats wrong with that?
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Wed Apr 10 23:42:21 2019
    By: MRO to dmxrob on Wed Apr 10 2019 06:52 pm

but what is a white nationalist? that's just some made up media word. and if someone is for the country they live in, whats wrong with that?

I think we all know what a white nationalist is - Someone interested in preserving "white culture" (whatever that might be), and who is opposed to interracial marriage, etc..

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Hustler@VERT/HAVENS to Mickey on Thu Apr 11 02:24:24 2019

Are we expecting an influx of KKK members? Geez.. I hope not. We'll need to start using the BAN command again.

Regards,
    HusTler

Sent from: havens.synchro.net

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchronetbbs.org Telnet port 23 or Web
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MICKEY on Wed Apr 10 23:47:00 2019

Food for thought.

My guess would be that they do most of their serious talking on the dark
    net. They probably only get on public sites, like FB, when they want to
    stream to the general public.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Shh! Be vewy qwiet! I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!
    ■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Thu Apr 11 21:14:00 2019

Agreed.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ WORK HARDER!... Millions on Welfare depend on YOU!
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Thu Apr 11 21:27:00 2019
    I think we all know what a white nationalist is - Someone interested in preserving "white culture" (whatever that might be), and who is opposed to interracial marriage, etc..

I think what you have described borders on "racist" and/or "supremacist."
    Some nationalists might be those things also, but I don't think you can lump them all together.

Trump makes statement that people from other countries should try to
    assimulate into our culture and learn our language -- press says "white nationalist!"

Obama just recently makes a statement that people from other countries should try to assimulate into our culture and learn our language -- press does not even call him a "nationalist."

The only difference I see, aside from political party affiliations, is that
    one is white and one is not.

In the press these days, "nationalist" is always preceeded by "white" so
    that people immediately think "supremacist." It is a made-up term to put emphasis on the race of the individual that made the statement in order to cause a point of division among people that would normally be getting along.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ If all appears to go well, you missed something...
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Dumas Walker on Thu Apr 11 20:56:43 2019
    By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Thu Apr 11 2019 05:27 pm

I think we all know what a white nationalist is - Someone interested
    in preserving "white culture" (whatever that might be), and who is
    opposed to interracial marriage, etc..

I think what you have described borders on "racist" and/or "supremacist." Some nationalists might be those things also, but I don't think you can lump them all together.

True, you can't lump them all together. The key phrase is "white nationalist", not just nationalist.

Trump makes statement that people from other countries should try to assimulate into our culture and learn our language -- press says "white nationalist!"

Obama just recently makes a statement that people from other countries should try to assimulate into our culture and learn our language -- press does not even call him a "nationalist."

I think they're jumping the gun a bit by calling Trump a "white nationalist". Even if you don't like Trump, IMO it doesn't really make sense to insinuate that what he says is racist, as "white nationalist" seems to do.

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Fri Apr 12 02:12:43 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Wed Apr 10 2019 07:42 pm

By: MRO to dmxrob on Wed Apr 10 2019 06:52 pm

well there's nothing wrong with preserving white culture, black culture or any culture, or purple culture long as nobody gets hurt. are they against interracial marriage? i'm not sure.

malcolm x was interested in the betterment of his race and wished no harm on other races in a similar fashion.

i just started hearing this white nationalist shit after trump got elected. i think it's a ploy by the media to fool us into thinking we are living in society where things are getting worse and racism is on an increase.

if you talk to someone that lived in a time period where racism was prominent you wont find that true.

media should be held responsible for what it is doing to our society. these companies are ran by powerful people who know that controlling what people think is the one true power.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Fri Apr 12 02:22:12 2019
    By: Nightfox to Dumas Walker on Thu Apr 11 2019 04:56 pm

I think what you have described borders on "racist" and/or "supremacist." Some nationalists might be those things also, but I don't think you can lump them all together.

True, you can't lump them all together. The key phrase is "white nationalist", not just nationalist.

so the word white means racist now?
    or maybe the media wants everyone to think that.

maybe we cant truly describe what that term is because it's complete bullshit.

I think they're jumping the gun a bit by calling Trump a "white nationalist". Even if you don't like Trump, IMO it doesn't really make sense to insinuate that what he says is racist, as "white nationalist" seems to do.

hold on! trump is racist. and he's sexist, a rapist and pedophile. my girlfriend told me so. all this stuff automatically became true when he ceased being a democrat.
    ---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Fri Apr 12 13:35:52 2019
    By: MRO to Nightfox on Thu Apr 11 2019 10:12 pm

well there's nothing wrong with preserving white culture, black culture or any culture, or purple culture long as nobody gets hurt. are they against interracial marriage? i'm not sure.

malcolm x was interested in the betterment of his race and wished no harm on other races in a similar fashion.

Sounds like people who still believe in segragation.

Nightfox

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Fri Apr 12 13:36:31 2019
    By: MRO to Nightfox on Thu Apr 11 2019 10:22 pm

True, you can't lump them all together. The key phrase is "white
    nationalist", not just nationalist.

Not white, the phrase "white nationalist".

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Fri Apr 12 20:26:33 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Apr 12 2019 09:35 am

By: MRO to Nightfox on Thu Apr 11 2019 10:12 pm

Sounds like people who still believe in segragation.

no, it's not that either. it can just be that you want to retain the unique aspects about your race. when people want to do things that harm other people then that's a problem.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Fri Apr 12 20:27:08 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Apr 12 2019 09:36 am

By: MRO to Nightfox on Thu Apr 11 2019 10:22 pm

True, you can't lump them all together. The key phrase is "white
    nationalist", not just nationalist.

Nightfox

so if i'm a nationalist does that make me racist, or do i have to be a white one to be a racist.
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MRO on Sat Apr 13 00:31:00 2019
    media should be held responsible for what it is doing to our society. these companies are ran by powerful people who know that controlling what people think is the one true power.

Exactly.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ It ain't over, but the fat lady is clearing her throat.
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to NIGHTFOX on Sat Apr 13 00:35:00 2019

I still say you are confusing "white nationalist" with "white supremacist."
    The former is a media creation to make nationalism sound racist by making
    it sound like only white people want it. The latter is a form of racism
    where white people believe their are a superior race.

Honestly, I am surpirsed they did not call it "white male nationalism" just
    to make it sound even worse.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Air pollution is a mist demeanor.
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Nightfox on Sat Apr 13 13:07:17 2019
    By: Nightfox to Dumas Walker on Thu Apr 11 2019 04:56 pm

Trump literally said that he was a "White Nationalist" during one of his rally-speeches. So he's either racist, or an idiot.

Or, far more likely, both.

DaiTengu

... Hindsight is an exact science.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From dmxrob@VERT/STLWEST to DaiTengu on Sat Apr 13 14:37:21 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Sat Apr 13 2019 09:07 am

Trump literally said that he was a "White Nationalist" during one of his rally-speeches. So he's either racist, or an idiot.

Or, far more likely, both.

Agreed.

---
  • From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to DaiTengu on Sun Apr 14 12:20:38 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Nightfox on Sat Apr 13 2019 09:07 am

I think they're jumping the gun a bit by calling Trump a "white
    nationalist". Even if you don't like Trump, IMO it doesn't really

It's NOT racist to be a Nationalist, it just means President Trump put's our country above other countries, in other words he puts the good ol' USA 1st.
    he is not an idiot globalist like Obama is.
    Yes Trump is a White man and a Nationalist that does not mean he is only for white people he is a Nationalist that just happens to be white, stop parsing insugnificat word's that's what the dishonest media does.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ outwestbbs.com - the Outwest BBS
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Roadhog on Sun Apr 14 18:10:31 2019
    By: Roadhog to DaiTengu on Sun Apr 14 2019 08:20 am

Trump literally said that he was a "White Nationalist" during one
    of his rally-speeches. So he's either racist, or an idiot.

It's NOT racist to be a Nationalist, it just means President Trump put's our country above other countries, in other words he puts the good ol' USA 1st. he is not an idiot globalist like Obama is.
    Yes Trump is a White man and a Nationalist that does not mean he is only for white people he is a Nationalist that just happens to be white, stop parsing insugnificat word's that's what the dishonest media does.

"White Nationalist" literally means you are for the "White nation" based on the idea that lighter skin color is a race.

Now I will admit, I was wrong above, Trump declared himself a "Nationalist" not specifically a "White Nationalist". However, in the context of the topic he was speaking about, the "White" can be easily assumed.

Had he said "American Nationalist" I doubt many people would have batted an eye.

White supremacists/nationalists/sepratists have been identifying as "White Nationalists" for centuries. It's not a new thing perpetuated by the media.

DaiTengu

... Prepare to meet thy GOD! (Evening dress optional)

---
  • From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to MRO on Sun Apr 14 20:38:00 2019
    On 10 Apr 2019, MRO said the following...

No it wouldn't be something - it would be awful. I would refuse to bel

but what is a white nationalist? that's just some made up media word.
    and if someone is for the country they live in, whats wrong with that?

I agree that it more or less IS a media invention, kinda like all old white guys are nazis, alt-right wingnuts. I think being proud of where you live, makes you a damn good citizen. I'd allow such a message base here. Might be interesting to discuss.

Mick

• From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to MRO on Sun Apr 14 20:42:00 2019
    On 11 Apr 2019, MRO said the following...

if you talk to someone that lived in a time period where racism was prominent you wont find that true.

media should be held responsible for what it is doing to our society. these companies are ran by powerful people who know that controlling
    what people think is the one true power.

Totally Agree.

Mick

• From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Mickey on Sun Apr 14 20:16:21 2019
    Re: Re: Facebook/Google Bans
    By: Mickey to MRO on Sun Apr 14 2019 04:38 pm

I agree that it more or less IS a media invention, kinda like all old white guys are nazis, alt-right wingnuts. I think being proud of where you live, makes you a damn good citizen. I'd allow such a message base here. Might be interesting to discuss.

if you LISTEN to people that have complaints about how their people are being treated, they usually have some good points. be it white, black, eskimo or whatever.

there's nothing wrong with communication. it all doesnt have to erupt into a confrontation like charlotsville.
    ---
  • From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to Dumas Walker on Sun Apr 14 20:47:00 2019
    On 12 Apr 2019, Dumas Walker said the following...

Honestly, I am surpirsed they did not call it "white male nationalism" just to make it sound even worse.

Just give them a little time and they surely will. I was called transphobic once and had to tell them i'd been a baptist forever.

Mick

• From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to Roadhog on Sun Apr 14 20:51:00 2019
    On 14 Apr 2019, Roadhog said the following...

Trump literally said that he was a "White Nationalist" during one of rally-speeches. So he's either racist, or an idiot.

Yes Trump is a White man and a Nationalist that does not mean he is
    only for white people he is a Nationalist that just happens to be white, stop parsing insugnificat word's that's what the dishonest media does.

You can see that the media definitely had an impact on this fellow.

Mick

• From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to DaiTengu on Mon Apr 15 03:16:58 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Roadhog on Sun Apr 14 2019 02:10 pm

Now I will admit, I was wrong above, Trump declared himself a "Nationalist" not specifically a "White Nationalist". However, in the context of the topic he was speaking about, the "White" can be easily assumed.

No it really cannot just be assumed, you can take anything out of context to further an agenda or a lie.
    By Trump syaing that he is a "Nationalist" then just for the heck of it lets say CNN reports that he said he is a "White Nationalist" adding the word white takes it out of it's true context and promotes a falsehood of what was actually said.
    You can add to or rearrange words to something anyone say's and it now has a different meaning than what that person actually said.

---
  • From Roadhog@VERT/OUTWEST to Mickey on Mon Apr 15 03:27:07 2019
    By: Mickey to MRO on Sun Apr 14 2019 04:42 pm

media should be held responsible for what it is doing to our
    society. these companies are ran by powerful people who know that
    controlling what people think is the one true power.

Totally Agree.

unfortunatly freedom of the press makes it near impossible to hold media services accountable for lies or misleading articles.
    there should be a media ranking website that ranks all media.
    it could use a bullshit meter ranking system that goes from 1 to 10.
    that would be cool.

---
  • From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to MRO on Mon Apr 15 12:35:22 2019
    By: MRO to Mickey on Sun Apr 14 2019 04:16 pm

if you LISTEN to people that have complaints about how their people are being treated, they usually have some good points. be it white, black, eskimo or whatever.
    there's nothing wrong with communication. it all doesnt have to erupt into a confrontation like charlotsville.

I toally agree with this!

Brokenmind

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ THe iNSANE AsYLuM BBs - TiABBs.SYNCHRO.NET TiABBs.ZAPTO.ORG
  • From Brokenmind@VERT/TIABBS to Roadhog on Mon Apr 15 12:36:21 2019
    By: Roadhog to DaiTengu on Sun Apr 14 2019 11:16 pm

Now I will admit, I was wrong above, Trump declared himself a
    "Nationalist" not specifically a "White Nationalist". However, in
    the context of the topic he was speaking about, the "White" can be
    easily assumed.

No it really cannot just be assumed, you can take anything out of context to further an agenda or a lie.
    By Trump syaing that he is a "Nationalist" then just for the heck of it lets say CNN reports that he said he is a "White Nationalist" adding the word white takes it out of it's true context and promotes a falsehood of what was actually said.
    You can add to or rearrange words to something anyone say's and it now has a different meaning than what that person actually said.

Vary well said!

Brokenmind

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ THe iNSANE AsYLuM BBs - TiABBs.SYNCHRO.NET TiABBs.ZAPTO.ORG
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Roadhog on Mon Apr 15 12:53:00 2019
    By: Roadhog to Mickey on Sun Apr 14 2019 11:27 pm

media should be held responsible for what it is doing to our
    society. these companies are ran by powerful people who know that
    controlling what people think is the one true power.

Totally Agree.

unfortunatly freedom of the press makes it near impossible to hold media services accountable for lies or misleading articles.
    that would be cool.

I've seen attempts to rank the media, and the better attempts were done by groups trying to get the widest sample of people from different backgrounds
    to do the ranking. Even then, there's questions about whether the reporting being reviewed is the result of political bias, or just poor fact finding.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From Ed Vance@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Roadhog on Mon Apr 15 23:07:00 2019
    04-14-19 23:27 Roadhog wrote to Mickey about Re: Facebook/Google Bans
    Howdy! Roadhog,

@VIA: VERT/OUTWEST
    @MSGID: <5CB4162B.1083.dove-general@outwestbbs.com>
    @REPLY: <5CB39C19.97671.dove-gen@vert.synchro.net>
    -snip-
    unfortunatly freedom of the press makes it near impossible to hold
    media services accountable for lies or misleading articles.
    it could use a ________ meter ranking system that goes from 1 to 10.
    that would be cool.

factcheck.org poitifact.com

Those are two places You may like to look at.

I like what I read on snopes.com too.

... Have you checked your smoke detector batteries & Fire Ext, LATELY?!
    --- MultiMail/MS-DOS v0.49
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Ed Vance on Mon Apr 15 20:57:00 2019
    By: Ed Vance to Roadhog on Mon Apr 15 2019 07:07 pm

I've heard snopes.com isn't really as trustworthy was we thought it is..

Nightfox

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Ed Vance on Mon Apr 15 23:27:35 2019
    By: Ed Vance to Roadhog on Mon Apr 15 2019 07:07 pm

snopes is slanted politically and they dont have any knowlegable fact checkers.

and that guy spends all the money on hookers
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to MICKEY on Tue Apr 16 00:00:00 2019
    Honestly, I am surpirsed they did not call it "white male nationalism" just to make it sound even worse.

Just give them a little time and they surely will. I was called transphobic once and had to tell them i'd been a baptist forever.

LOL!

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Now on CD ROM, classic taglines of the computer era.
  • From Mickey@VERT/CENTRALO to Roadhog on Sun Apr 21 23:21:00 2019
    On 14 Apr 2019, Roadhog said the following...

that would be cool.
    ---

Damn. Thats an awesome idea. <grin>

Mickey

• From Jojo@VERT/ENSEMBLE to dmxrob on Sat May 11 05:20:35 2019
    By: dmxrob to Mickey on Wed Apr 10 2019 09:10 am

Wouldn't it be something if BBS's became the replacement for groups/message
    bases covering white supremacy and white nationalists, since Facebook and Google has banned them spreading their ummm information?

No it wouldn't be something - it would be awful. I would refuse to belong to
    any network that allowed groups like that.

---

lots of BBSers are interested in getting more people into the hobby so that'd be pretty bad for buisness.
    who'd want to try out a hobby if they think its swarming with white supremecist folks?
    i dont want white supremecists potentially ruining this for folks.

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Jojo on Sat May 11 21:42:41 2019
    By: Jojo to dmxrob on Sat May 11 2019 01:20 am

that'd be pretty bad for buisness.
    who'd want to try out a hobby if they think its swarming with white supremecist folks?

so do you honestly believe it would be swarming with nazis.
    or is this just a stupid idea perpetuated by the media
    ---
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to JOJO on Sat May 11 18:40:00 2019
    lots of BBSers are interested in getting more people into the hobby so that'd b
    pretty bad for buisness.
    who'd want to try out a hobby if they think its swarming with white supremecist
    folks?

While I understand your sentiment, if avoiding a swarm of white
    supremacists (or any other fanatics) was really a deal breaker for that
    many people, there'd be no internet or social media. Numbskulls are everywhere, and they love social media.

---
    ■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Florida bumper sticker: DON'T SHOOT! I'M LOCAL!
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Sun May 12 02:11:33 2019
    By: MRO to Jojo on Sat May 11 2019 05:42 pm

Question marks help with readibility when you're asking a question.

Nightfox

---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Jojo on Sun May 12 23:58:00 2019
    On 05-11-19 01:20, Jojo wrote to dmxrob <=-

lots of BBSers are interested in getting more people into the hobby so that'd be pretty bad for buisness. who'd want to try out a hobby if
    they think its swarming with white supremecist folks? i dont want white supremecists potentially ruining this for folks.

Agree on all grounds. I'd love to see BBSs remain open and inclisive.

... I hit the CTRL key but I'm still not in control!
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Sun May 12 13:21:31 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Sat May 11 2019 10:11 pm

By: MRO to Jojo on Sat May 11 2019 05:42 pm

Question marks help with readibility when you're asking a question.

dial down the autism, chester.

and i didnt want a response to that.
    ---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Vk3jed on Sun May 12 13:22:11 2019
    By: Vk3jed to Jojo on Sun May 12 2019 07:58 pm

On 05-11-19 01:20, Jojo wrote to dmxrob <=-

lots of BBSers are interested in getting more people into the hobby so that'd be pretty bad for buisness. who'd want to try out a hobby if they think its swarming with white supremecist folks? i dont want white supremecists potentially ruining this for folks.

Agree on all grounds. I'd love to see BBSs remain open and inclisive.

maybe people with different beliefs and viewpoints would enrich bbses.
    ---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to MRO on Mon May 13 13:02:00 2019
    On 05-12-19 09:22, MRO wrote to Vk3jed <=-

maybe people with different beliefs and viewpoints would enrich bbses.

Agree totaly. Diversity is a good thing.

... A peaceful man is a contradiction in terms.
  • From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to Vk3jed on Sat May 18 22:13:26 2019
    By: Vk3jed to MRO on Mon May 13 2019 09:02 am

Disagreed totally! Everyone is entitled to my opinion! And every BBS Operator should be a Ham Radio Operator!

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KF5QEO's Shack -- kingcoder.net
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to John Guillory on Sat May 18 19:17:45 2019
    By: John Guillory to Vk3jed on Sat May 18 2019 06:13 pm

Disagreed totally! Everyone is entitled to my opinion! And every BBS Operator should be a Ham Radio Operator!

i'm not going to operate a ham. i dont even LIKE ham. bacon is ok.
    ---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to John Guillory on Sun May 19 17:47:00 2019
    On 05-18-19 18:13, John Guillory wrote to Vk3jed <=-

@VIA: VERT/MAINLINE

Disagreed totally! Everyone is entitled to my opinion! And every
    BBS Operator should be a Ham Radio Operator!

Haha I know it's a joke, otherwise you wouldn't want to start down that rabbit hole. :D

... There's always one more bug.