• How many guns taken under

From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to All on Wed Dec 7 16:20:00 2016
    So, the big skeer was that Obama was going to take everyone's guns.

Can we get a headcount on how many guns have been confiscated by jackboot thugs, knocking down doors during his term?

Corey, KC2UGV

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Solar Pi BBS
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to kc2ugv on Wed Dec 7 17:06:40 2016
    Re: How many guns taken under
    By: kc2ugv to All on Wed Dec 07 2016 11:20 am

Can we get a headcount on how many guns have been confiscated by jackboot thugs, knocking down doors during his term?

AH hell no... nobody taking my guns, must be why all those UN truck drivig all over the place :)

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to kc2ugv on Wed Dec 7 23:30:00 2016

Can we get a headcount on how many guns have been confiscated by
    jackboot thugs, knocking down doors during his term?

To be honest, I think Obama knew what he was doing here. Talk tough about
    guns to make his voters happy, and then occasionaly talk about gun control so that gun-owners run out and by ammo, etc. I think those runs on ammo helped stimulate the economy, which is probably what he was trying to do.

I am not a fan but, if I am right, that was pretty slick of him.

... Direct from the Ministry of Silly Walks
    --- MultiMail/IBMPcDos v0.43
    ■ Synchronet ■ CCO BBS * capcity2.synchro.net * 1-502-875-8938
  • From Loco@VERT/TUBBS to kk4qbn on Wed Dec 7 18:22:49 2016
    By: kc2ugv to All on Wed Dec 07 2016 11:20 am

AH hell no... nobody taking my guns, must be why all those UN truck drivig all over the place :)

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KK4QBN BBS - (706)422-9538 - kk4qbn.synchro.net, Chatsworth GA US

How many attempts were thwarted by folks who were worried enough to fight back?

District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago spring to mind. In
    both cases, the courts ruled that laws prohibiting possession of a firearm by
    a citizen were a violation of the 2nd amendment.

Another common trick is to just work on the ammunition...

I'm trying to find the exact text of a bill submitted in the US house during Obama's 1st term which basically banned all ammunition currently or previously used by the armed forces of any country, or derived from such ammunition.

The hook here is "currently or previously". I hunt deer and elk with a
    30-.06, which was the standard service round in 1906. I plink with a .22, which is current issue to Israeli special forces. My .25 ACP Raven uses the same ammo as a Mauser pistol issued in the '20s to the Portuguese military.
    My .357 Mag revolver uses ammo which is derived from the .38 SPL, issued by
    the US to naval aviators for several years. 12-Ga shotguns are current issue to our military.

In a nutshell, the vast majority of ammunition which you see on the shelf in a gun store is current issue, past issue, or derived from a military round.

Even if you are not a "gun nut", you might think about the REST of the Bill of Rights. If they can limit gun rights, what about the rest of the amendments?

The media is already on a rampage about "Fake News", and people are calling
    for laws to control the "Fake News". Are you cool with Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, etc., deciding for you what you can read, hear, or say?

Here's a good example of reasonable regulation applied to a different subject:

A few years ago, the FCC began applying its so-called "1990 Character
    Order," initially intended to apply to Broadcast Service licensees,
    to Amateur Radio licensees and applicants.

The Commission says its character policies "provide that any felony
    conviction is a matter predictive of licensee behavior and is
    directly relevant to the functioning of the Commission's regulatory
    mission.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Unknown BBS - tubbs.synchro.net
  • From thumper@VERT/THEWASTE to kc2ugv on Wed Dec 7 20:04:00 2016
    kc2ugv wrote to All <=-

@VIA: VERT
    @MSGID: <584836CA.2674.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

Can we get a headcount on how many guns have been confiscated by
    jackboot thugs, knocking down doors during his term?

Naw.... that pesky 2nd Ammendment thingy kept getting in his way.... ;)

... What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind! - Homer S.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ -=The Wastelands BBS=- wastelands-bbs.net -=Since 1990=-
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Dumas Walker on Thu Dec 8 04:07:46 2016
    By: Dumas Walker to kc2ugv on Wed Dec 07 2016 06:30 pm

To be honest, I think Obama knew what he was doing here. Talk tough about guns to make his voters happy, and then occasionaly talk about gun control so that gun-owners run out and by ammo, etc. I think those runs on ammo helped stimulate the economy, which is probably what he was trying to do.

I am not a fan but, if I am right, that was pretty slick of him.

that's a pretty good theory and if you line that up with his history of being a bullshit artist, it's pretty convincing.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Mro on Thu Dec 8 23:17:00 2016
    that's a pretty good theory and if you line that up with his history of being a bullshit artist, it's pretty convincing.

Exactly. :)

... 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Loco on Thu Dec 8 23:33:00 2016
    Even if you are not a "gun nut", you might think about the REST of the Bill of Rights. If they can limit gun rights, what about the rest of
    the amendments?

That is a good point. I have mixed feelings about "sanctuary cities," but I read an article today that pointed out that there is nothing in law that can force a locality to uphold federal laws. They pointed out that if a
    president, federal entity, etc., started forcing local law enforcement to do
    so by, say, forcing them to enforce federal immigration policy or to deny
    local services to undocumented individuals, it could lead to a precedence
    which would allow the federal government to force local governments to do
    other things technically out of the realm of federal jurisdiction.

I think a lot of people, liberal and conservative, don't really think about what allowing the federal government to do "in this one instance" could lead
    to in many others.

... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
  • From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to ALL on Fri Dec 9 02:13:00 2016
    So, I guess the answer is 0, and all the gun nuts were lied to, in summation, right?

Corey, KC2UGV

• From Loco@VERT/TUBBS to Dumas Walker on Fri Dec 9 02:06:50 2016
    Re: Re: How many guns taken u
    By: Dumas Walker to Loco on Thu Dec 08 2016 18:33:00

Even if you are not a "gun nut", you might think about the REST of the Bill of Rights. If they can limit gun rights, what about the rest of the amendments?

That is a good point. I have mixed feelings about "sanctuary cities," but I read an article today that pointed out that there is nothing in law that can force a locality to uphold federal laws. They pointed out that if a president, federal entity, etc., started forcing local law enforcement to do so by, say, forcing them to enforce federal immigration policy or to deny local services to undocumented individuals, it could lead to a precedence which would allow the federal government to force local governments to do other things technically out of the realm of federal jurisdiction.

The method used in the past to get around this is to threaten to withold federal funds.

Back in the 70's, the feds said "You don't HAVE to set your state speed limits to 55 MPH and make the drinking age 21. However, if you fail to do so, you will not receive any federal highway funds."

On the suject of highways, why is my driver's license good in all 50 states so I can freely excercise the priveledge of driving, but my Concealed Carry permit doesn't allow me to excercise a constitutional right in all 50 states?

For that matter, why is it that an 18 year old has to sign up for Selective Service, can vote, serve his country, get shot at in some foreign sandpit, etc., but can NOT sit down in a bar and have a beer?

Exception used to be active duty while on base...18 for beer/wine and 21 for the hard stuff. The good old days, when the rough, tough, (and plastered) marines right out of boot would tell this "SquidBoy" that I wasn't big enough to remove them from the EM club.

---
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Loco on Fri Dec 9 12:11:35 2016
    By: Loco to Dumas Walker on Thu Dec 08 2016 09:06 pm

for the hard stuff. The good old days, when the rough, tough, (and plastered) marines right out of boot would tell this "SquidBoy" that I wasn't big enough to remove them from the EM club.

Reminds me of a Ron White line. He talks about getting kicked out of a club in LA for wearing a cowboy hat.

"You're out of here"

"No, I'm NOT."

<pauses>

I... was... WRONG!

"I didn't know how many guys it would take to throw me out of the bar, but I knew how many they was gonna use..."

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Hemo@VERT/UJOINT to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Dec 9 20:28:52 2016
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Loco on Fri Dec 09 2016 07:11 am

Reminds me of a Ron White line. He talks about getting kicked out of a club in LA for wearing a cowboy hat.

"You're out of here"

"No, I'm NOT."

<pauses>

I... was... WRONG!

"I didn't know how many guys it would take to throw me out of the bar, but I knew how many they was gonna use..."

Didn't he get ticketed for "drunk in pub-lick" ? Tells the cop, but I don't want to be drunk in public, I want to be drunk in the bar. I was drunk in the bar, and they threw me into public. arrest them.

... What?!? This isn't the Files section?!?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ - Running madly into the wind and screaming - bbs.ujoint.org
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Hemo on Fri Dec 9 21:34:07 2016
    By: Hemo to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Dec 09 2016 03:28 pm

Didn't he get ticketed for "drunk in pub-lick" ? Tells the cop, but I don't want to be drunk in public, I want to be drunk in the bar. I was drunk in the bar, and they threw me into public. arrest them.

Yes, I think that's when he said "I had the right to remain silent -- but I didn't have the ability..."

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Hemo@VERT/UJOINT to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Dec 10 02:20:41 2016
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Hemo on Fri Dec 09 2016 04:34 pm

By: Hemo to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Dec 09 2016 03:28 pm

Didn't he get ticketed for "drunk in pub-lick" ? Tells the cop, but
    I don't want to be drunk in public, I want to be drunk in the bar. I
    was drunk in the bar, and they threw me into public. arrest them.

Yes, I think that's when he said "I had the right to remain silent -- but I didn't have the ability..."

oh yes.. they call him... tater salad.

a few drinks in and that show had me crying, I was laughing so hard.

... No good deed goes unpunished.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ - Running madly into the wind and screaming - bbs.ujoint.org
  • From Loco@VERT/TUBBS to Poindexter Fortran on Sat Dec 10 01:47:29 2016
    By: Poindexter Fortran to Loco on Fri Dec 09 2016 07:11:35

for the hard stuff. The good old days, when the rough, tough, (and plastered) marines right out of boot would tell this "SquidBoy" that I wasn't big enough to remove them from the EM club.

"You're out of here"

"No, I'm NOT."

<pauses>

I... was... WRONG!

Guess that I should have mentioned that I was wearing a Shore Patrol armband and carrying a nightstick at the time.

This was Naval Training Center San Diego back in the late 80's...Right next door to the MCRD (Marine boot camp).

---
  • From Knightmare@VERT/P99BBS to kk4qbn on Sat Dec 10 04:40:33 2016
    By: kk4qbn to kc2ugv on Wed Dec 07 2016 12:06 pm

Considering tbe UN can't do jack shit against our Constitutopm, you can go ahed and disregard that nonsense.

The worst I can say was the "registration" during that "S.A.F.E." in NYS. Of course anyone IMHO that registers their firarms, DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE THEM.

I'm an NRA Instructor and I'll defend the 2A with everything I have.
    ** And Life Member as well.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Precinct 99 BBS -- p99bbs.homenet.org - Lewis Center, OH USA
  • From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Loco on Fri Dec 9 23:44:00 2016
    The method used in the past to get around this is to threaten to
    withold federal funds.

Having worked for local government, I am familiar with that. "Make your systems do this or that or we will withhold federal $$$/certification/etc."

On the suject of highways, why is my driver's license good in all 50 states so I can freely excercise the priveledge of driving, but my Concealed Carry permit doesn't allow me to excercise a constitutional right in all 50 states?

That is a good question. I assume it is because each state has agreed to
    allow this to be so, in the case of the DL, or has not agreed to allow it to
    be so, in the case of concealed carry. Actually, haven't some states talked about allowing concealed carry from other states?

Also, did you know that there is some "federal ID" program that, if I understand correctly, would either replace your state-issued DL or would be issued by your state as your DL? My state is not a part of the program yet, but I think it is another case of getting a temp waiver so that federal $$$
    are not withheld. In some ways, they sound like they also can act as a passport. I already have one of those, and a state-issued ID, so why would I need another, more expensive one?

For that matter, why is it that an 18 year old has to sign up for Selective Service, can vote, serve his country, get shot at in some foreign sandpit, etc., but can NOT sit down in a bar and have a beer?

Someone told me that, back in the day, wherever state they grew up in had a drinking age of 18 and a driver's age of 21. I never have understood why I
    had to sign up at 18 but could not do certain other things until 21, either, but at least I could also vote at that point.

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"
  • From Loco@VERT/TUBBS to Dumas Walker on Sat Dec 10 03:52:01 2016
    By: Dumas Walker to Loco on Fri Dec 09 2016 18:44:00

That is a good question. I assume it is because each state has agreed to allow this to be so, in the case of the DL, or has not agreed to allow it to be so, in the case of concealed carry. Actually, haven't some states talked about allowing concealed carry from other states?

There are some state with reciprocity agreements. My permit is valid in Idaho, for instance.

At this time, different states have different laws. Washington is a "shall issue" state with pre-emption laws. This simply means that the local LEO office is REQUIRED by law to issue a permit as long as I can pass the background check and have no other issues which would disqualify me.
    Preemption laws prevent a county or city from passing a law which prevents me from excercising my right to carry a concealed weapon under state law.

Oregon, on the other hand, requires you to justify in writing to your local sherriff the reasons why he should issue you a permit. "Because it is my constitutional right" or "self-defense" are NOT valid reasons. Oregon does not have a preemption statute on the books, so you need to be careful where you carry. For instance, the permit makes you legal to carry concealed in Oregon...right up to the point where you cross the city limites into Portland, where it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon even with a permit issued by the state.

It is illegal to possess a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle in the state of WA without a valid CCL. It is, however, legal in Oregon as long as it is plain view.

Both WA and OR allow open carry, so that is always an option. Unfortunately, there have been enough instances of idiots being idiots that this draws excessive attention in larger cities.

Here in SE Washington, it is not really unusual to see a person with a holstered pistol while grocery shopping. It is even more common to see a weapon "print" under a jacket or shirt. On the plus side, the average citizen doesn't know what they are looking at if they even notice at all.

If I go on a road trip/vacation, I simply plan for a destination in WA or ID.
    I really try to avoid traveling to OR unless my employer dispatches me there.

Dont know what the laws are in CA. Left there in Aug of 1990, and cant think of anything which would force me to return.

---
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to Knightmare on Sat Dec 10 16:24:20 2016
    By: Knightmare to kk4qbn on Fri Dec 09 2016 11:40 pm

Considering tbe UN can't do jack shit against our Constitutopm, you can go ahed and disregard that nonsense.

the constitution don't mean shit when they decide it is null and void, and they have practically already have, I know.. sounds tinfoil hat crap, but in the history of the US, can you tell me when you've seen so much bullshit go down, and just be accepted?

I have a filling the cup has filled and is close to tipping..

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
  • From Mro@VERT/BBSESINF to Loco on Sat Dec 10 16:55:02 2016

from what i've been told, the reasoning behind this is that kids hang out with older kids.

so the 18 year olds will still get it from the 21 year olds, but if they could buy it at 18, the 16 year olds would have more access.

that was probably the thinking back then.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to Knightmare on Sun Dec 11 00:23:00 2016
    The worst I can say was the "registration" during that "S.A.F.E." in
    NYS. Of course anyone IMHO that registers their firarms, DON'T DESERVE
    TO HAVE THEM.

The only registration of weapons in NYS are those that are to be
    grandfathered in, and are now restricted from sales in the state.

I own 3 guns right now. None are registered. In fact, I bought one of them a couple of months ago. Took me a total of under an hour to buy. I did it
    over lunch.

The stories of guns being impossible to get in NYS are very exaggerated.

Corey, KC2UGV

• From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to Loco on Sun Dec 11 00:25:00 2016

You CCW isn't good in every state thanks to state's rights. Your license is good thanks to the interstate enforcement pact.

Corey, KC2UGV

• From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to kk4qbn on Sun Dec 11 00:26:00 2016
    the constitution don't mean shit when they decide it is null and void,
    and they have practically already have, I know.. sounds tinfoil hat
    crap, but in the history of the US, can you tell me when you've seen so much bullshit go down, and just be accepted?

And,he we go, into la-la land.

Corey, KC2UGV

• From Dumas Walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 to Loco on Sun Dec 11 15:27:00 2016
    If I go on a road trip/vacation, I simply plan for a destination in WA
    or ID. I really try to avoid traveling to OR unless my employer
    dispatches me there.

That sounds like a good plan.

Dont know what the laws are in CA. Left there in Aug of 1990, and cant think of anything which would force me to return.

Seems like many folks who enjoy their constitutional rights seem to want to avoid CA. :)

... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
  • From Knightmare@VERT/P99BBS to Loco on Sun Dec 11 17:44:07 2016
    By: Loco to Dumas Walker on Fri Dec 09 2016 10:52 pm

I lived in CA for 11 years. Most of them I lived in Amador County (NorCal). They were pretty pro-gun in that County. Didn't have an issue getting a CA CHL there. As for the rest of the State? It's pretty Nazi-ish.

i hear they just passed a law that in order to buy ammo you hve to complete the FFL 4473. What a an effing joke.

Are they trying to crash the NICS process?

---
  • From Knightmare@VERT/P99BBS to kk4qbn on Sun Dec 11 17:46:38 2016
    By: kk4qbn to Knightmare on Sat Dec 10 2016 11:24 am

the constitution don't mean shit when they decide it is null and void, and they have practically already have, I know.. sounds tinfoil hat crap, but in the history of the US, can you tell me when you've seen so much bullshit go down, and just be accepted?

It's been AMAZING. A lot of shit has been going down and a few (yey powerless people) have said something, but nothing gets done.

Now of course, if it goes against Hillary, you were then taken with a case of death, or you "wanted to comitt suicide" all of a sudden.

Ever seen the movie Idiocy(sp)? We're heading down that path...

---
  • From Knightmare@VERT/P99BBS to kc2ugv on Sun Dec 11 17:49:34 2016
    By: kc2ugv to Knightmare on Sat Dec 10 2016 07:23 pm

The only registration of weapons in NYS are those that are to be grandfathered in, and are now restricted from sales in the state.

No gun should be registered. Scre that shit.

I know you could get a gun in NYS with little fuss. You're right, the news (fake news?) made it look like if you lived in NY, you're pretty SOL.

More scare tactics. As long as you pass the 4473, you should be sold a gun. NICS has already done it's due process, there nothing more that needs to be done, except the actual transfer at that point.

---
  • From Knightmare@VERT/P99BBS to kc2ugv on Sun Dec 11 17:50:56 2016
    By: kc2ugv to Loco on Sat Dec 10 2016 07:25 pm

You CCW isn't good in every state thanks to state's rights. Your license is good thanks to the interstate enforcement pact.

I have an OH CHL (Concealed Handgun License), and it's accepted almost everywhere MasterCard is! (LOL)

---
  • From kk4qbn@VERT/KK4QBN to Knightmare on Sun Dec 11 20:24:32 2016
    By: Knightmare to kk4qbn on Sun Dec 11 2016 12:46 pm

Ever seen the movie Idiocy(sp)? We're heading down that path...

Yes, I feel the same way, Idiocracy, the whole cabinet is bought out by corporations, and people are named after medications and Yum! brands taco supremes, and what gets me is people are not seeing it, or are just in denial.

--

Tim Smith (KK4QBN)
    KK4QBN BBS

---
  • From kc2ugv@VERT/KC2UGV to Knightmare on Wed Dec 14 13:42:00 2016
    I have an OH CHL (Concealed Handgun License), and it's accepted almost everywhere MasterCard is! (LOL)
    ---

That's due to inter-state agreements, just like a driver's license.

Corey, KC2UGV