• Good week

From Weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS to All on Fri Jul 17 05:21:38 2020
    So, a pretty good firearms themed week and a half. Two Saturdays ago I managed to spy a Mini Thirty at a yard sale, the guy wanted six hundred for it. Didn't even try hard to talk him down, so my Mini-14 has a big brother. 7.62x39mm ammo is a little scarce around here, especially brass-cased, so haven't shot it yet but can't wait.

Then last weekend we took a trip to Cody, WY where we toured the Buffalo Bill Center of the West along with the firearms museum. Saw my first real-life Dardick 1500 and Gyrojet guns. While we were up there, also paid a visit to the Cody Firearms Experience, where I got my yearly session with the Thompson M1927 in full-auto mode and also got some rounds in with the Big Horn Armory Model 89 "Spike Driver" chambered in .500 S&W Magnum. Had a real BLAST with that one, that's for sure!

Got back home and then me, my step son and my brother in law thought it'd be a good day to shoot some clays. Now, being a lefty who shoots long guns from the right shoulder and who is left eye dominant I've never been much of a shotgunner and so was prepared to fail miserably. Well, I only missed two out of about 15 clays which I don't think is too bad for my first time shooting at the damned things.

Oh... almost forgot. On the way to Cody, we stopped at Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Casper where I spied a Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle in patriotic stars and strips paint for $470. Well... that baby followed me home and is safe and secure in a gun cabinet downstairs.

So yeah... a great time had and can't wait to do it again!

-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Weatherman on Fri Jul 17 19:56:00 2020
    Re: Good week
    By: Weatherman to All on Fri Jul 17 2020 01:21 am

So, a pretty good firearms themed week and a half. Two Saturdays ago I mana to spy a Mini Thirty at a yard sale, the guy wanted six hundred for it. Did even try hard to talk him down, so my Mini-14 has a big brother. 7.62x39mm ammo is a little scarce around here, especially brass-cased, so haven't shot yet but can't wait.

Then last weekend we took a trip to Cody, WY where we toured the Buffalo Bil Center of the West along with the firearms museum. Saw my first real-life Dardick 1500 and Gyrojet guns. While we were up there, also paid a visit to the Cody Firearms Experience, where I got my yearly session with the Thompso M1927 in full-auto mode and also got some rounds in with the Big Horn Armory Model 89 "Spike Driver" chambered in .500 S&W Magnum. Had a real BLAST with that one, that's for sure!

Got back home and then me, my step son and my brother in law thought it'd be good day to shoot some clays. Now, being a lefty who shoots long guns from right shoulder and who is left eye dominant I've never been much of a shotgunner and so was prepared to fail miserably. Well, I only missed two o of about 15 clays which I don't think is too bad for my first time shooting the damned things.

Oh... almost forgot. On the way to Cody, we stopped at Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Casper where I spied a Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle in patriotic stars and strips paint for $470. Well... that baby followed me home and is safe and secure in a gun cabinet downstairs.

So yeah... a great time had and can't wait to do it again!

-==*>Weatherman<*==-

Now that the Cody museum has been remodeled, I would like to take a trip out there. Ashley and Danny did a great job from the pictures I've seen.

Many years ago there was a dealer who would frequent the local gun shows, and he had a 12mm Gyrojet pistol in the fancy case they sold with, minus one
    round. It was priced for a collector and understandibly so, however I've
    never been much of a collector of wall hangers. From my understaning the '68 GCA limited calibers to below .50 cal, and the models of Gyrojet that really performed well were 13mm and above.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From JIMMY ANDERSON@VERT/OTHETA to WEATHERMAN on Mon Jul 20 16:54:00 2020
    WEATHERMAN wrote to ALL <=-

So, a pretty good firearms themed week and a half. Two Saturdays ago I managed to spy a Mini Thirty at a yard sale, the guy wanted six hundred for it. Didn't even try hard to talk him down, so my Mini-14 has a big brother. 7.62x39mm ammo is a little scarce around here, especially brass-cased, so haven't shot it yet but can't wait.

WOW! A great week and a half for sure!!!

Then last weekend we took a trip to Cody, WY where we toured the
    Buffalo Bill Center of the West along with the firearms museum. Saw my first real-life Dardick 1500 and Gyrojet guns. While we were up there, also paid a visit to the Cody Firearms Experience, where I got my
    yearly session with the Thompson M1927 in full-auto mode and also got
    some rounds in with the Big Horn Armory Model 89 "Spike Driver"
    chambered in .500 S&W Magnum. Had a real BLAST with that one, that's
    for sure!

I've heard of that Cody museum and such, but didn't know you could actually SHOOT stuff there! Will have to add that to my bucket list. ;-)

Got back home and then me, my step son and my brother in law thought
    it'd be a good day to shoot some clays. Now, being a lefty who shoots long guns from the right shoulder and who is left eye dominant I've
    never been much of a shotgunner and so was prepared to fail miserably. Well, I only missed two out of about 15 clays which I don't think is
    too bad for my first time shooting at the damned things.

Only shot clays in the air once or twice, but I will set them up for
    'reactive targets' for pistol and rifle though. :-)

Oh... almost forgot. On the way to Cody, we stopped at Rocky Mountain Discount Sports in Casper where I spied a Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle
    in patriotic stars and strips paint for $470. Well... that baby followed me home and is safe and secure in a gun cabinet downstairs.

Awesome! Just saw one of those in an email this morning...

... <A>bort <R>etry <D>o what I mean!!!
    --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
    ■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org