• Synchronet upgrade

From Mojo@VERT/MOJO to All on Tue Jun 21 23:16:05 2016
    Is there a way to do a upgrade to the web server portion of Synchronet and still keep the pages that you have made changes to so that all stuff you have done will remain on the web site.

I am thinking about doing the upgrade to this but do not want to have to do all the changes I have made all over again if there is a way to be able to do this.

Thanks
    Mojo

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mojo's World BBS - mojo.synchro.net
  • From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to Mojo on Wed Jun 22 14:18:30 2016
    Re: Synchronet upgrade
    By: Mojo to All on Tue Jun 21 2016 07:16 pm

Is there a way to do a upgrade to the web server portion of Synchronet and still keep the pages that you have made changes to so that all stuff you have done will remain on the web site.

Mostly.

How old is your install? You may be able to copy your web/root directory somewhere safe, upgrade, then copy the files back into the live root.

The only place I ran into issues was with the ecweb stuff. I'm running an older version and had to keep it back on the old version, because I'm tired. :)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Mojo on Wed Jun 29 19:03:50 2016
    By: Mojo to All on Tue Jun 21 2016 07:16 pm

I am thinking about doing the upgrade to this but do not want to have to do all the changes I have made all over again if there is a way to be able to do this.

It depends onw hat you mean by "web server portion of Synchronet". The web server itself is an HTTP server running in sbbs (e.g. sbbsctrl.exe/websrvr.dll on Windows). If you just upgrade the Synchronet executables, your modified web interface files (files under the Synchronet "web" directory) will not be affected.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #83:
    Donations to the Synchronet project are welcome @ http://wiki.synchro.net/donate
    Norco, CA WX: 90.9°F, 40.0% humidity, 15 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Mojo@VERT/MOJO to Digital Man on Wed Jun 29 23:08:17 2016
    By: Digital Man to Mojo on Wed Jun 29 2016 03:03 pm

It depends onw hat you mean by "web server portion of Synchronet". The web server itself is an HTTP server running in sbbs (e.g. sbbsctrl.exe/websrvr.dll on Windows). If you just upgrade the Synchronet executables, your modified web interface files (files under the Synchronet "web" directory) will not be affected.

Thanks Digital Man,

That is the information I was looking for, I just wanted to be sure so that I would not have to make all the changes to the pages all over again.

Thank you
    Mojo

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Mojo's World BBS - mojo.synchro.net