• ROCKETS!

From Poindexter Fortran@VERT/REALITY to All on Thu Mar 16 21:02:00 2006

I always wanted an ESTES rocket when I was a kid, but I didn't have a lot of money, and my parents were fraidey-cats. I now have one, a few months past my 40th Birthday - better late than never! TOYS R US was closing them out, and
    I got a starter kit (single stage rocket, 3 engines, launch pad, and accessories).

T minus 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....

--pF

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ realitycheckBBS -- since 1991, more or less...
  • From Digital Man@VERT to Poindexter Fortran on Thu Mar 16 22:26:00 2006
    Re: ROCKETS!
    By: Poindexter Fortran to All on Thu Mar 16 2006 03:02 pm

I always wanted an ESTES rocket when I was a kid, but I didn't have a lot of money, and my parents were fraidey-cats. I now have one, a few months past m 40th Birthday - better late than never! TOYS R US was closing them out, and I got a starter kit (single stage rocket, 3 engines, launch pad, and accessories).

I actually have 2 ESTES kits from this past Christmas, which I haven't built (or obviously, flown) yet. They require assembly with glue and stuff, which times time, of which I have little lately.

A couple of years ago I got a RTF ESTES rocket. It was great. You just put the launch pad together, shove the engine in the rocket, ignite and watch. No glue or time to build at all. I flew that one a few times before it was finally destroyed.

digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #3:
    Beavers can hold their breathe for 45 minutes under water.
    Norco, CA WX: 74.4°F, 29% humidity, 4 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From Angus McLeod@VERT/ANJO to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Mar 17 06:52:00 2006
    Re: ROCKETS!
    By: Poindexter Fortran to All on Thu Mar 16 2006 15:02:00

Never turn your back on it. A run-away rocket down the throat probably
    stings a bit, but one up the arse will *really* make your eyes water!

---
    Playing: "Real" by "The Verve Pipe" from the "Villains" album
    ■ Synchronet ■ Made of wood and glue, but mostly glue!
  • From Matt Munson@VERT/BORING to Poindexter Fortran on Fri Mar 31 01:16:00 2006
    Hello Poindexter.

16 Mar 06 07:02, you wrote to all:

I always wanted an ESTES rocket when I was a kid, but I didn't have a
    lot of money, and my parents were fraidey-cats. I now have one, a few months past my 40th Birthday - better late than never! TOYS R US was closing them out, and I got a starter kit (single stage rocket, 3
    engines, launch pad, and accessories).

I remember doing model rockets as a project in my physical science class. It was a priceless experience, but sadly most cities have banned model rockets from being sold. maybe they are afraid of fires or people getting disabled from improperly doing model rocketry.

Matt

... Don't mistake asthma for passion.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Parallel BBS * parallel.darktech.org * 4 nodes * Ontario, California
  • From Mindless Automaton@VERT/ELDRITCH to Matt Munson on Fri Mar 31 15:10:00 2006
    Matt Munson wrote:

I remember doing model rockets as a project in my physical science class. It was a priceless experience, but sadly most cities have banned model rockets from being sold. maybe they are afraid of fires or people getting disabled from improperly doing model rocketry.

Matt

I always liked how you couldn't buy a model rocket, but you can always
    get a handgun. :)

-Mindless Automaton
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ - Synchronet - Eldritch Clockwork BBS