• MarcusNet - A BBS-like (kinda) distributed system

From Deavmi@VERT/TECHQRY to All on Fri Nov 27 19:38:26 2015
    Today I started working in what I call 'MarucsNet'. MarcusNet is a bash-written server (and client as-well) that facilitates the following commands:

A user can post a new article using the command 'post'.

A user can get a list of all posts using the 'list' command.

And lastly, a user can read a post by using the 'read' command.

The MarcusNet distribution is still a plan that I need to sort out and will probably use UDP because TCP will just put too much strain on the system.

I will be posting more about it here, but for now, just send in ideas or suggestions, the source code will be released one day soon but I still need to refactor a lot of the code. Otherwise than that it is going great.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ TechnoQuarry BBS
  • From Deavmi@VERT/TECHQRY to All on Fri Nov 27 20:26:51 2015
    Re: MarcusNet - A BBS-like (kinda) distributed system
    By: Deavmi to All on Fri Nov 27 2015 02:38 pm

Today I started working in what I call 'MarucsNet'. MarcusNet is a bash-writ server (and client as-well) that facilitates the following commands:

A user can post a new article using the command 'post'.

A user can get a list of all posts using the 'list' command.

And lastly, a user can read a post by using the 'read' command.

The MarcusNet distribution is still a plan that I need to sort out and will probably use UDP because TCP will just put too much strain on the system.

I will be posting more about it here, but for now, just send in ideas or suggestions, the source code will be released one day soon but I still need refactor a lot of the code. Otherwise than that it is going great.

Just added a new command named `sysinfo` which will give the name of the node, the hostname of the node and the sysop (system operator) of the node. :)

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ TechnoQuarry BBS