• Raspberry Pi overclocking

From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to All on Tue Feb 23 15:59:00 2016
    Hello all you Raspberry Pi users.

I have a question for you. Do you overclock your device? If so, what model
    do you have?

I run my BBS on my Raspberry Pi B+ with Pidora. I know that the Debian image will allow for overclocking. But my question is; do you overclock? If so,
    by how much? Have there been any adverse results?

I ask this, becuase I have recently moved my BBS to my Pi. As a result, I've found some very noticable lag time in many functions. The computer I used before migrating to my Pi was not the most robust PC, but it seems like it
    was still way faster than my Pi. So I'm thinking that overclocking might improve the speed issue. But I'm worried about burning out the device.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A4 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Gryphon on Wed Feb 24 22:35:00 2016
    Gryphon wrote to All <=-

@VIA: VERT/CYBERIA
    @MSGID: <56CC9026.10028.dove-lnx@vert.synchro.net>

I have a question for you. Do you overclock your device? If so, what model do you have?

I run my BBS on my Raspberry Pi B+ with Pidora. I know that the Debian image will allow for overclocking. But my question is; do you
    overclock? If so, by how much? Have there been any adverse results?

I'm running my BBS on a Pi B+, and there's also other software running on it (for a D-STAR digital voice gateway), and no significant lag. It's actually quite fast. I'm running Raspian Wheezy and no overclocking.
    ... Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
    --- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ Freeway BBS in Bendigo, Australia.
  • From Gryphon@VERT/CYBERIA to Vk3jed on Wed Feb 24 12:58:00 2016
    On 02/24/16, Vk3jed said the following...

Gryphon wrote to All <=-

@VIA: VERT/CYBERIA
    @MSGID: <56CC9026.10028.dove-lnx@vert.synchro.net>

I have a question for you. Do you overclock your device? If so, wha model do you have?

I run my BBS on my Raspberry Pi B+ with Pidora. I know that the Debi image will allow for overclocking. But my question is; do you overclock? If so, by how much? Have there been any adverse results?

I'm running my BBS on a Pi B+, and there's also other software running
    on it (for a D-STAR digital voice gateway), and no significant lag.
    It's actually quite fast. I'm running Raspian Wheezy and no
    overclocking. ... Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

Do you have any experience with your performance before you migrated to your Pi? Has your bbs always been on your Pi? Or did you run it on another
    device and the migrate to it?

As stated earlier, I'm running on Pidora. I've downloaded the debian jessie lite image and am going to test that out in headless mode. I don't think
    that Pidora is even offered anymore, unless its in the NOOB image.

The only issue I have is that I have only one Pi and for me to test and install, I have to bring down the BBS.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A4 (Raspberry Pi)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | Cyberia.Darktech.Org | Kingwood, TX