• Doubts

From Positivec@VERT to All on Sat Mar 2 20:44:51 2019
    Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of taking what's written in the bible as always true we should ask
    ourselves if there is actually a god, and if there is, is God the right god that we should be worshiping?

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Dmxrob@VERT/STLWEST to Positivec on Sun Mar 3 00:38:47 2019
    Re: Doubts
    By: Positivec to All on Sat Mar 02 2019 03:44 pm

Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of taking what's written in the bible as always true we should ask
    ourselves if there is actually a god, and if there is, is God the right god that we should be worshiping?

Do good. That is what my parents told to me. Doesn't matter if you believe in God, Budah, or none of the above. Most organized religions are in it for all they can take - which is why I never subscribed to any of them. I just do good.

dmxrob ■ BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Gateway to the West - St. Louis, Missouri - bbs.dmxrob.net
  • From Hustler@VERT/HAVENS to Dmxrob on Sun Mar 3 09:15:12 2019
    By: Dmxrob to Positivec on Sat Mar 02 2019 07:38 pm

Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of taking
    what's written in the bible as always true we should ask
    ourselves if there is actually a god, and if there is, is God the
    right god that we should be worshiping?

Do good. That is what my parents told to me. Doesn't matter if you believe in God, Budah, or none of the above. Most organized religions are in it for all they can take - which is why I never subscribed to any of them. I just do good.

Wars have been fought over "their god". People kill people for what/who they believe is god. They've never seen him/her. There's no imperical evidence god exists. Seems to me religion has caused many many problesms in our world. I can love without a "god" in my life.

HusTler

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Sent from Haven BBS
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Hustler on Sun Mar 3 15:03:49 2019
    By: Hustler to Dmxrob on Sun Mar 03 2019 04:15 am

Wars have been fought over "their god". People kill people for what/who they believe is god. They've never seen him/her. There's no imperical evidence god exists. Seems to me religion has caused many many problesms in our world. I can love without a "god" in my life.

the problem is people, not religion. people want to start wars, enslave and kill.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to MRO on Mon Mar 4 15:20:15 2019
    By: MRO to Hustler on Sun Mar 03 2019 10:03 am

the problem is people, not religion. people want to start wars, enslave and kill.

People tend to believe their own religion is true and other religions are false, and they often say their religion compels them to "save" other people by telling them about their religion and trying to get them to convert. Is that people or religion?

Nightfox

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Hustler@VERT/HAVENS to Nightfox on Tue Mar 5 09:05:48 2019
    By: Nightfox to MRO on Mon Mar 04 2019 10:20 am

the problem is people, not religion. people want to start wars,
    enslave and kill.

People tend to believe their own religion is true and other religions are false, and they often say their religion compels them to "save" other people by telling them about their religion and trying to get them to convert. Is that people or religion?

It's organized religion by people. How does Killing teach us Love and Compassion.???

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Sent from Haven BBS
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Positivec on Thu Mar 7 19:37:30 2019
    By: Positivec to All on Sat Mar 02 2019 03:44 pm

Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of taking what's written in the bible as always true we should ask ourselves if there is actually a god, and if there is, is God the right god that we should be worshiping?

There are thousands of gods among dozens and dozens of religions today. Every member of every religion believes that all gods from other religions are imaginary, but their god(s) is(are) real.

Personally, I don't think any of them are real. I think worshipping any is an utter waste of time.

DaiTengu

... What is moral is what you feel good after.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Hustler@VERT/HAVENS to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 23 22:13:22 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Positivec on Thu Mar 07 2019 09:37 am

Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of
    taking what's written in the bible as always true we should ask

There are thousands of gods among dozens and dozens of religions today. Every member of every religion believes that all gods from other religions are imaginary, but their god(s) is(are) real.

Personally, I don't think any of them are real. I think worshipping any is an utter waste of time.

The way I see it is. Humans could not explain the world they lived in. Like what made the sunrise? Where did the wind come from? They came up with a belief in "God" God/Gods could explain a lot of the unkown. In fact. I believe life was so painful humans needed to believe in a "devine power" If I go to a church. That's what I see. A whole lot of people that need to believe life is better after death as long as they obey the "rules".

Hustler
    Sent from: Havens BBS havens.synchro.net

Steve

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Sent from Haven BBS. havens.synchro.net
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Hustler on Wed Apr 24 14:40:00 2019
    By: Hustler to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 23 2019 06:13 pm

By: DaiTengu to Positivec on Thu Mar 07 2019 09:37 am

Do you ever doubt your faith, and do you think that instead of
    taking what's written in the bible as always true we should ask

There are thousands of gods among dozens and dozens of religions today. Every member of every religion believes that all gods from other religi are imaginary, but their god(s) is(are) real.

Personally, I don't think any of them are real. I think worshipping any an utter waste of time.

The way I see it is. Humans could not explain the world they lived in. Like what made the sunrise? Where did the wind come from? They came up with a bel in "God" God/Gods could explain a lot of the unkown. In fact. I believe life was so painful humans needed to believe in a "devine power" If I go to a church. That's what I see. A whole lot of people that need to believe life i better after death as long as they obey the "rules".

Hustler

Steve

Another thing to consider is some people believe there is more to this world than what we can see touch, or measure. The scientific notion that we humans are the culmination of billions of years of mutations and mistakes that
    somehow assembled themselves into what we are sounds crazier than the idea
    we are the product of a divine architect.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 17:04:53 2019
    By: Moondog to Hustler on Wed Apr 24 2019 10:40 am

Another thing to consider is some people believe there is more to this world than what we can see touch, or measure. The scientific notion that we humans are the culmination of billions of years of mutations and mistakes that somehow assembled themselves into what we are sounds crazier than the idea we are the product of a divine architect.

Only to those who don't understand how macroevolution works.

DaiTengu

... An unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 17:29:39 2019

Another thing to consider is some people believe there is more to this world than what we can see touch, or measure. The scientific notion that we humans are the culmination of billions of years of mutations and mistakes that somehow assembled themselves into what we are sounds crazier than the idea we are the product of a divine architect.

I think there is more to this world than we are able to sense (for instance, what we can see is only a fraction of the total EM spectrum), but as far as the belief in a God, that's something people take on faith because it hasn't been scientifically proven. But also, I don't think God and evolution are mutually exclusive. Who's to say that God didn't put evolution into motion? For those who believe in God, I don't think it's too far out to believe that he may have created things in an initial state and also made things so that they can evolve.

Nightfox

---
  • From Hustler@VERT/HAVENS to Nightfox on Thu Apr 25 01:28:26 2019
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 2019 01:29 pm

I think there is more to this world than we are able to sense (for instance, what we can see is only a fraction of the total EM spectrum), but as far as the belief in a God, that's something people take on faith because it hasn't

After watching "The Greatest Story Ever Told" this past weekend I'm convinced that's all it is/was. I Great Story. If it's even a little bit true these people should all drown in their own vomit for treating each other that. I could have Never tolerated seeing another being treating someone like that without taking action. So yea .. it's just a story. and a violent one at that. This is what we need to teach our kids. Right?

Regards,
    HusTler

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Sent from Haven BBS. havens.synchro.net
  • From Dan Clough@VERT/PALANT to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 22:56:00 2019
    Moondog wrote to Hustler <=-

Another thing to consider is some people believe there is more to
    this world than what we can see touch, or measure. The
    scientific notion that we humans are the culmination of billions
    of years of mutations and mistakes that somehow assembled
    themselves into what we are sounds crazier than the idea we are
    the product of a divine architect.

Doesn't sound crazy to me. Evolution is pretty straightforward
    and easily understood, by most.

... Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.51
    ■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to DaiTengu on Wed Apr 24 23:22:00 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 2019 01:04 pm

Another thing to consider is some people believe there is more to this world than what we can see touch, or measure. The scientific notion tha we humans are the culmination of billions of years of mutations and mistakes that somehow assembled themselves into what we are sounds craz than the idea we are the product of a divine architect.

DaiTengu

... An unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless.

Regardless how it works, I know quite a few people that understand the
    science, yet fail to believe our unique abilities that no other animal
    exhibits is by pure accident. Some of these people do not fall into the standard organized religion container, yet have concepts of supernatural existence and intelligent design.

---
  • From Hustler@VERT/DMINE to DaiTengu on Thu Apr 25 19:26:15 2019
    By: Hustler to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 23 2019 06:13 pm

Hustler

Steve

Someone should have told me my Signature was messed up. ;-)

HusTler
    The Man, the Myth, the Legend

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Hustler@VERT/DMINE to Dan Clough on Thu Apr 25 19:30:25 2019
    Re: Re: Doubts
    By: Dan Clough to Moondog on Wed Apr 24 2019 06:56 pm

Must one of those people that think very highly of themselves and can't accept the fact that "All we are is dust in the wind" (Kansas)

HusTler
    The Man, the Myth, the Legend

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA
  • From Dan Clough@VERT/PALANT to Hustler on Thu Apr 25 22:32:00 2019
    Hustler wrote to Dan Clough <=-

Must one of those people that think very highly of themselves
    and can't accept the fact that "All we are is dust in the wind"
    (Kansas)

Heh. Like I said above, easily understood "by most"...

... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.
    ■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Dan Clough on Fri Apr 26 12:57:00 2019
    By: Dan Clough to Hustler on Thu Apr 25 2019 06:32 pm

Hustler wrote to Dan Clough <=-

Must one of those people that think very highly of themselves
    and can't accept the fact that "All we are is dust in the wind" (Kansas)

Heh. Like I said above, easily understood "by most"...

... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.

As far as we know, we're the only sentient life in the universe, whether you believe you're here by accident or here by intelligent design. I can see how people on both sides can have a high opinion of themselves. The building blocks for life may be available elsewhere in the universe, but until we
    have a means to prove life is elsewhere, the existence of sentient life here is remarkable.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Fri Apr 26 17:01:30 2019
    By: Moondog to Dan Clough on Fri Apr 26 2019 08:57 am

As far as we know, we're the only sentient life in the universe, whether you believe you're here by accident or here by intelligent design. I can see how people on both sides can have a high opinion of themselves. The building blocks for life may be available elsewhere in the universe, but until we have a means to prove life is elsewhere, the existence of sentient life here is remarkable.

I don't think we should assume we're the only sentient life in the universe just because we haven't seen it yet. It seems a little silly and premature to come to that conclusion. The universe is huge, and as many stars, planets, and entire galaxies we have observed, I think it's hard to believe we're the only sentient life out there. It would be like early explorers here on Earth assuming their continent was the only continent that had people on it, before sailing off to other continents.

Nightfox

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Sun Apr 28 13:49:00 2019
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Fri Apr 26 2019 01:01 pm

By: Moondog to Dan Clough on Fri Apr 26 2019 08:57 am

As far as we know, we're the only sentient life in the universe, whethe you believe you're here by accident or here by intelligent design. I ca see how people on both sides can have a high opinion of themselves. The building blocks for life may be available elsewhere in the universe, bu until we have a means to prove life is elsewhere, the existence of sentient life here is remarkable.

I don't think we should assume we're the only sentient life in the universe just because we haven't seen it yet. It seems a little silly and premature come to that conclusion. The universe is huge, and as many stars, planets, entire galaxies we have observed, I think it's hard to believe we're the onl sentient life out there. It would be like early explorers here on Earth assuming their continent was the only continent that had people on it, befor sailing off to other continents.

Nightfox

In discussions like this I like to play devil's advocate and try to debate oth er side to encourage discussion. Personally, I lean more to the science
    side, but understand where the religious folks are coming from regarding our existence. It's strange how polarized the views are. One side feels we are special guests on this world, while the other side has used our skills of oberservation and deduction to assume life like ours is a wholesale commodity among the universe. Reminds me of what Carl Sagan wrote, "The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by
    all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent
    their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion
    that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light."

---
  • From Vk3jed@VERT/FREEWAY to Nightfox on Sun Apr 28 10:52:00 2019
    On 04-26-19 13:01, Nightfox wrote to Moondog <=-

I don't think we should assume we're the only sentient life in the universe just because we haven't seen it yet. It seems a little silly
    and premature to come to that conclusion. The universe is huge, and as many stars, planets, and entire galaxies we have observed, I think it's hard to believe we're the only sentient life out there. It would be
    like early explorers here on Earth assuming their continent was the
    only continent that had people on it, before sailing off to other continents.

If we look at sentience or consciousness as another (emergent) property of the Universe, then there are likely to be multiple "peaks" across the Universe, and we just happen to have one of those peaks here, which lead to our evolution and emergence. But it could have happened elsewhere. What we don't know is how large (i.e. how big a volume - Solar system? Local stellar region? Galaxy? Locak group?) or how "dense" (how many sentient species will emerge per cubic parsec?) it is.

And there's like be other concentrations of consciousness that sentient species inhabit, though these are likely beyond our current and forseeable ability to detect, because they'd be at least in other galaxies.

... I want to reach your mind... Where is it currently located?
    ■ Synchronet ■ Freeway BBS, Bendigo Australia. freeway.apana.org.au
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Moondog on Sun Apr 28 21:01:38 2019
    By: Moondog to Nightfox on Sun Apr 28 2019 09:49 am

In discussions like this I like to play devil's advocate and try to debate oth er side to encourage discussion. Personally, I lean more to the science side, but understand where the religious folks are coming from regarding our existence. It's strange how polarized the views are. One

Even regarding the religious views, I don't think there's anything in the bible that specifically says we're the only intelligent life in the universe, is there? I think the bible just doesn't really talk about it, and only talks about us here on Earth.

I know it says something like in the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth and created humans, and I suppose you could interpret that as meaning we're the only intelligent life that was created, but it seems open to other interpretations too. I don't think it necessarily excludes intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

Nightfox

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Nightfox on Mon Apr 29 17:06:00 2019
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Sun Apr 28 2019 05:01 pm

By: Moondog to Nightfox on Sun Apr 28 2019 09:49 am

In discussions like this I like to play devil's advocate and try to deb oth er side to encourage discussion. Personally, I lean more to the science side, but understand where the religious folks are coming from regarding our existence. It's strange how polarized the views are. One

Even regarding the religious views, I don't think there's anything in the bi that specifically says we're the only intelligent life in the universe, is there? I think the bible just doesn't really talk about it, and only talks about us here on Earth.

I know it says something like in the beginning, God created the heavens and Earth and created humans, and I suppose you could interpret that as meaning we're the only intelligent life that was created, but it seems open to other interpretations too. I don't think it necessarily excludes intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

Nightfox

The general creation stuff mentioned could imply Earth is a generic term for habitable worlds, however it gets into unique territory when he speaks of creating one man (Adam) then creating one woman (Eve) from Adam's genetic material (a rib.) There was no other humans created in the story until Adam
    and Eve had sons, however the weird part is they found wives and spread
    people everywhere.

Funny thing is angels are mentioned this early (serpent in the garden is assumed to be the devil) and after Adam and Eve are asked to leave the
    garden, it is guarded by angels so they couldn't return. I'm by no means a study of the Bible so I can't really speculate on what all abilities an angel has or what they are supposed to look like. I't always assumed the look like winged humans and have human characterstics (devil is jealous of God or man) however all other angels are portrayed as un-questioning hitmen.

---
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Moondog on Mon Apr 29 21:39:30 2019
    By: Moondog to DaiTengu on Wed Apr 24 2019 07:22 pm

Regardless how it works, I know quite a few people that understand the science, yet fail to believe our unique abilities that no other animal exhibits is by pure accident. Some of these people do not fall into the standard organized religion container, yet have concepts of supernatural existence and intelligent design.

"intelligent design"

More like "stupid design".

We have useless organs (appendix, male nipples, tailbone, wisdom teeth, etc.) that can kill us if they randomly become inflamed.

we breathe and eat/drink through the same opening, an error in the ingestion process can cause death.

Humans have a single set of adult teeth. When one is pulled it does not regrow. Some other animals don't have this problem.

Human feet are overly complex, were the tendons and muscles able to bend, they could still grip trees. A good, efficient design for feet/legs for a bipedal creature is closer to what an Ostrich has.

Sinus cavities that drain upwards!

We have blind spots in our eyes. Our brain created a way to fill them in (not always in the most reliable manner). This is apparently a better solution than adjusting for the blind spots.

Oh, and our reproductive system, which is basically like building an amusment park on top of a waste processing system.

DaiTengu

... If they liked it, they didn't applaud - they just let you live.

---
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 30 13:58:04 2019
    By: DaiTengu to Moondog on Mon Apr 29 2019 05:39 pm

"intelligent design"

We have useless organs (appendix, male nipples, tailbone, wisdom teeth, etc.) that can kill us if they randomly become inflamed.

I don't think we really know enough about them all to call them all useless. Sure, we could survive without them, but there is probably some function they may perform. If not, they often don't hurt, unless they do become inflamed, as you mention. Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male nipples or wisdom teeth becoming inflamed.. Wisdom teeth can have their problems though - and I've heard some people don't even grow wisdom teeth anymore.

Nightfox

---
  • From Hustler@VERT to Nightfox on Mon May 13 16:15:57 2019
    By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 30 2019 09:58 am

"intelligent design"
    We have useless organs (appendix, male nipples, tailbone, wisdom teeth,
    they may perform. If not, they often don't hurt, unless they do become inflamed, as you mention. Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male nipples or wisdom teeth becoming inflamed.. Wisdom teeth can have their problems though - and I've heard some people don't even grow wisdom teeth

Hey.. All I wanna know is what came first??? The chicken or the egg ??

HusTler
    Havens BBS havens.synchro.net

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net
  • From Derision@VERT/AMIGAC to Nightfox on Tue May 14 19:28:31 2019
    By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 30 2019 09:58:04

I don't think we really know enough about them all to call them all useless. Sure, we could survive without them, but there is probably some function they may perform. If not, they often don't hurt, unless they do become inflamed, as you mention. Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male nipples or wisdom teeth becoming inflamed.. Wisdom teeth can have their problems though - and I've heard some people don't even grow wisdom teeth anymore.

Male breast cancer, rare as it might be, comes to mind as a detrimental effect of males having what is effectively useless tissue.

I never had wisdom teeth. Which was pretty convenient, as having them removed seems to be a miserable affair. I don't know if that's "evolution" or just a random mutation or what. Back when, they were useful, because as you reached 20-ish your original teeth would be getting pretty worn down, so here's an extra set of molars to pick up the slack. This isn't really a consideration anymore, and since we don't lose teeth at the rate we did in the past, our jaws aren't really big enough to hold 'em all anymore.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 3,500+ files
  • From Nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST to Derision on Tue May 14 20:43:50 2019
    By: Derision to Nightfox on Tue May 14 2019 03:28 pm

Male breast cancer, rare as it might be, comes to mind as a detrimental effect of males having what is effectively useless tissue.

It seems any part of our body is at risk for some kind of detrimental thing.

I never had wisdom teeth. Which was pretty convenient, as having them removed seems to be a miserable affair. I don't know if that's "evolution"

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 24. I was prescribed pain medication, but from what I remember, I only took it once. I avoided getting sharp food back there for a while when I was eating, but other than that I think the recovery was okay. It wasn't miserable..

Nightfox

---
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Hustler on Tue May 14 13:36:00 2019
    By: Hustler to Nightfox on Mon May 13 2019 12:15 pm

By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 30 2019 09:58 am

"intelligent design"
    We have useless organs (appendix, male nipples, tailbone, wisdom tee
    they may perform. If not, they often don't hurt, unless they do become inflamed, as you mention. Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male nipples or wisdom teeth becoming inflamed.. Wisdom teeth can have their problems though - and I've heard some people don't even grow wisdom teeth

HusTler
    Havens BBS havens.synchro.net

The egg. The chicken was a mutation of another egg laying species. In realit y, things that taste like chicken actually taste like T-Rex

---
  • From MRO@VERT/BBSESINF to Nightfox on Wed May 15 01:04:06 2019
    By: Nightfox to Derision on Tue May 14 2019 04:43 pm

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 24. I was prescribed pain medication, but from what I remember, I only took it once. I avoided getting sharp food back there for a while when I was eating, but other than that I think the recovery was okay. It wasn't miserable..

my stuff was impacted. i was in a lot of pain. my dentist was a great guy. he wrote me a RX for pain killers because he knew the surgeon wouldnt give me enough. i used them all up and needed more but they wouldnt give 'em.
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to Derision on Wed May 15 23:31:00 2019
    By: Derision to Nightfox on Tue May 14 2019 03:28 pm

By: Nightfox to DaiTengu on Tue Apr 30 2019 09:58:04

We have useless organs (appendix, male nipples, tailbone, wisdom tee etc.) that can kill us if they randomly become inflamed.

I don't think we really know enough about them all to call them all usele Sure, we could survive without them, but there is probably some function they may perform. If not, they often don't hurt, unless they do become inflamed, as you mention. Though, I don't think I've ever heard of male nipples or wisdom teeth becoming inflamed.. Wisdom teeth can have their problems though - and I've heard some people don't even grow wisdom teeth anymore.

Male breast cancer, rare as it might be, comes to mind as a detrimental effe of males having what is effectively useless tissue.

I never had wisdom teeth. Which was pretty convenient, as having them remove seems to be a miserable affair. I don't know if that's "evolution" or just a random mutation or what. Back when, they were useful, because as you reached 20-ish your original teeth would be getting pretty worn down, so here's an extra set of molars to pick up the slack. This isn't really a consideration anymore, and since we don't lose teeth at the rate we did in the past, our j aren't really big enough to hold 'em all anymore.

My wisdom teeth were impacted - pushing up sideways/ They had to be
    surgically removed opposed to being yanked out.

I'm not a theologian so I can't guess what one would say about the quirks of the human body except in order for faith to be an exclusive club, there has to
    be a certain lack of evidence to create doubt.

---
  • From DaiTengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE to Hustler on Fri May 17 02:15:48 2019

The Egg. It was laid by a proto-chicken.

DaiTengu

... The hookworm larvae enters the human body through the soul.

---
  • From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to Hustler on Sat May 18 22:23:08 2019

The egg, definitely the egg! DNA Evidence proved the egg came first. Not to mention Carbon Dating defintively proved that the first egg existed far before the first chicken was ever shot.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KF5QEO's Shack -- kingcoder.net
  • From John Guillory@VERT/MAINLINE to Moondog on Sat May 18 22:26:36 2019
    By: Moondog to Hustler on Tue May 14 2019 09:36 am

The egg. The chicken was a mutation of another egg laying species. In realit y, things that taste like chicken actually taste like T-Rex
    Or Alligator, or Frog legs...

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ KF5QEO's Shack -- kingcoder.net
  • From Moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS to John Guillory on Sun May 19 02:54:00 2019
    By: John Guillory to Moondog on Sat May 18 2019 06:26 pm

By: Moondog to Hustler on Tue May 14 2019 09:36 am

Or Alligator, or Frog legs...

Dinosaurs appear to be the bridge species between reptiles and birds. Alligator and frog legs taste a bit fishy, however that may be pending on
    their diet. Snakes from dry environments taste less fishy than snakes in wet environments.

---
  • From Wanderer@VERT/HDCBBS to Nightfox on Sat May 25 03:27:05 2019
    By: Nightfox to Moondog on Sun Apr 28 2019 12:01 pm

universe, is there? I think the bible just doesn't really talk about it, and only talks about us here on Earth.

It doesn't say much, but it does say:

He hangs the Earth upon nothing
    [They are as] Wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness is reserved forever

God sends them "Energeian Planes" so that they will believe the lie.

Energeian Planes means: Powerful Delusion, Working of Error, Operation of Wandering.

He does it because of rejection of the Truth. A thing called 'Knowledge' is what got Eve into trouble at the beginning.

So consider: Because they refused God, and ate the knowledge, God sends them a planetary delusion(science) so that they will believe the lie.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Hard Drive Cafe - hdcbbs.com