• Gone with the Wind

From Newborn@VERT/HDCAFE to All on Thu Dec 4 02:16:00 2008
    Why does chasing transitory things leave us unfulfilled? The Biblical answer is that we were created to find our ultimate fulfillment in God. The Lord Jesus promised, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10).

People and things come and go. But the spiritual satisfaction Christ offers sustains us in this world and will endure into eternity.

"What comes from man will never last.
    It's here today, tomorrow past;
    What comes from God wiil always be
    The same for all eternity. - Spencer

Newborn

"Invest your life in wha pays eternal dividends"

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ The Hard Drive Cafe BBS
  • From Roalt@VERT/MMBBS1 to Newborn on Thu Dec 4 07:14:00 2008
    Re: Gone with the Wind
    By: Newborn to All on Wed Dec 03 2008 09:16 pm

Newborn

Hmm.. Welcome back!

-[roalt]-
    +o mentalmeltdown.bbs.us

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ -< * Mental Meltdown! - mentalmeltdown.bbs.us * >-
  • From Stargazer@VERT/STARGBBS to Newborn on Thu Dec 4 15:28:00 2008
    By: Newborn to All on Wed Dec 03 2008 09:16 pm

"What comes from man will never last.
    It's here today, tomorrow past;
    What comes from God wiil always be
    The same for all eternity. - Spencer

Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created the heavens, Stars and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God has made remains the same.

---+++--- Stargazer's Planet BBS --++-- stargazersplanetbbs.no-ip.org ---+++---

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Stargazer's Planet BBS - stargazersplanetbbs.no-ip.org
  • From Ralph@VERT to Stargazer on Fri Dec 5 20:33:00 2008
    By: Stargazer to Newborn on Thu Dec 04 2008 10:28 am

Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created the heavens, Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God has made remains the same.

Thanks,Satan for your insightful thoughts..NOT!
    Merry CHRISTmas anyways.

www.ralphsmole.com
    www.freewebs.com/ralphsmole

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ telnet://vert.synchro.net
  • From esc@VERT/MONTEREY to Stargazer on Fri Dec 5 22:40:00 2008

OTE: DCTEdit v0.04 [1]
    "What comes from man will never last. It's here today,
    tomorrow past; What comes from God wiil always be The same
    for all eternity. - Spencer
    Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created
    the heavens, Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself
    changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God
    has made remains the same.

I often have asked why God had to have created all of these things. The typical response is that it can't just be random, it can't just appear and exist or be some consequence of the "big bang".

To those inclined responders, I pose this question...how did God get there? Is God exempt from the rules of creation, in that case? Is He just an extraneous variable? Or is He the one thing that came from the big bang. Or maybe he's the only thing in all of eternity allowed to just "exist" without reason.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ // montereybbs //
  • From Ghost Dansing@VERT/SHENKS to esc on Fri Dec 19 02:00:00 2008
    esc wrote to Stargazer <=-

OTE: DCTEdit v0.04 [1]
    "What comes from man will never last. It's here today,
    tomorrow past; What comes from God wiil always be The same
    for all eternity. - Spencer
    Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created
    the heavens, Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself
    changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God
    has made remains the same.

I often have asked why God had to have created all of these things.
    The typical response is that it can't just be random, it can't just
    appear and exist or be some consequence of the "big bang".

To those inclined responders, I pose this question...how did God get there? Is God exempt from the rules of creation, in that case? Is He
    just an extraneous variable? Or is He the one thing that came from the big bang. Or maybe he's the only thing in all of eternity allowed to
    just "exist" without reason.

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ // montereybbs //

Contemplate this answer carefully..... we don't know.

I would suspect we spend a lot of time misunderstanding God and making Him understandable within our human existence. Our exlplanations are called relgions, and the multiplicity of religions actually reveal a fundamental truth..... we can't know the nature of God. Even if you look at the Bible, it is really more about us than God..... and we spent a lot of time misunderstanding Him. Also, either we changed or God changed from the Old to the New Testement. Jesus even pointed out that the Pharisees were getting it all wrong..... what about today's Pharisees?

If we trully believe all the things we think about God.... omnipotent..... omniscient..... eternal...... then God is categorically what we are not..... what we have no knowledge of. In fact, these things that we believe of God are simply a negation of what we possess in our existence: limited power, limited knowledge and mortality.

Yes, we say God made us in His image and likeness..... an image is an artifact..... not the "real thing".

In many ways, God is truly no-thing.

However, if God is not somehow present in our existence, how is it that human beings have been aware of that which is greater than themselves throughout history? Why are there so many religions? Why do we keep asking these
    uestions?

Interestingly, even the need for God to manifest as the human Christ testifies to this fundamental ignorance of God; And perhaps it is even more telling that our reaction to the corporeal Son of God was to kill him.

Yet our only path to God, according to Jesus, was through his corporeal Son..... was this simply stating a fact of our human existence in the face of that which is supremely Spiritual? Was this God undertanding the limitations of our human condition?

I would say we really don't know much about God..... but he/she/it is.

Just a few thoughts.... enjoy.

--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    ■ Synchronet ■ SHENK'S EXPRESS, Virginia Beach, VA, shenks.synchro.net
  • From esc@VERT/TRN to Ghost Dansing on Sat Dec 20 15:44:00 2008

condition? I would say we really don't know much about God..... but he/she/it is. Just a few thoughts.... enjoy.

Awesome post. I was expecting people to flame me and call me an idiot :) But that was very well said, well put...

I think the unfortunate thing about religions, in general, is that faith supercedes opinion. So, for the most part, to be a good (place religious denomination here), you must believe certain things without question. For me, that's too frustrating. If I were to be religious, or spiritual, in any way, it would certainly have to be on my own terms.

However, for now, I'm just more comfortable being a heathen scum lol.

--

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Roughneck BBS - theroughnecks.net - Powered by Tits & Ass!
  • From Ghandi@VERT to Ralph on Sun Jan 18 02:21:00 2009

Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created the heavens, Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God has made remains the same.

Merry CHRISTmas anyways.

www.ralphsmole.com

Mr Smoll you need not be calling to anyone as satan. You must be respecting
    of mankind. It is he that will do wrong on his brother who will be wronged by power of high. I must take a time for warning you.

Ghandi

---
  • From Newborn@VERT/HDCAFE to Ghandi on Mon Jan 19 01:48:00 2009
    Re: Re: Gone with the Wind
    By: Ghandi to Ralph on Sat Jan 17 2009 09:21 pm

Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created the heaven Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God has made remains the same.

Merry CHRISTmas anyways.

www.ralphsmole.com

Mr Smoll you need not be calling to anyone as satan. You must be respecting of mankind. It is he that will do wrong on his brother who will be wronged power of high. I must take a time for warning you.

Ghandi

Ralph is merely saying that your thoughts are those of Satan, not that you are personally Satan. Mankind is inheritely evil because of sin and it is for this reason that mankind must be confronted with the truth. It is true that we are all members of humankind, but that does not make us ALL brothers. Christ is the way, the truth and the life, only thru His 'shed' blood are we made as borthers (and sisters).

Newborn

---
  • From Ghandi@VERT to Newborn on Mon Jan 19 14:20:00 2009
    Re: Re: Gone with the Wind
    By: Ghandi to Ralph on Sat Jan 17 2009 09:21 pm

Wrong... God created the animals, they ALL DIE. God created the heaven Sta and Galaxies die too. Even the earth itself changes EVERY DAY, and will eventually die. Nothing the God has made remains the same.

Merry CHRISTmas anyways.

www.ralphsmole.com

Mr Smoll you need not be calling to anyone as satan. You must be respecting of mankind. It is he that will do wrong on his brother who will be wronged power of high. I must take a time for warning you. Yes, you give good idea. I India heritage and find all good in Christian
    faithful. I understand you say easy. You make feel ok inside. That good for me and every else people also too. But, you sure to sAY SMALLI GUY is not
    mean i am satan? He don't like me either. He said to me I should be able to kill me myself on suicide. He tell Me get a gun on my mouth or take some poison that what he said to me. I fell bad on that but thank you for note.

Ghandi
    Ghandi

Ralph is merely saying that your thoughts are those of Satan, not that
    you are personally Satan. Mankind is inheritely evil because of sin and it is for this reason that mankind must be confronted with the truth. It is true that we are all members of humankind, but that does not make us ALL brothers. Christ is the way, the truth and the life, only thru His 'shed' blood are we made as borthers (and sisters).

Newborn

---

---