• And another thing...

From Rassilon@VERT/CITADEL to All on Fri Apr 9 14:42:00 2010
    ...Since I can't get the synchronet web server to recognize the .php files in the /web/root directory, I the original web server files back up.

When I did this, I noticed something I hadn't seen before. At the bottom of the screen there is an option to run Java Telnet. Of course I tried this, but the java telnet client automatically defaults to port 23. Is there anyway to change that port somewhere?

Thanx.

-Rassilon...

The Citadel BBS - telnet://citadel.synchro.net (PORT 4000) - Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Role Playing...

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ *[The Citadel BBS]* - citadel.synchro.net (PORT 4000) - Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Role
  • From Mindless Automaton@VERT/ELDRITCH to Rassilon on Fri Apr 9 13:32:49 2010
    Rassilon wrote:
    ...Since I can't get the synchronet web server to recognize the .php files in the /web/root directory, I the original web server files back up.

When I did this, I noticed something I hadn't seen before. At the bottom of the screen there is an option to run Java Telnet. Of course I tried this, but
    the java telnet client automatically defaults to port 23. Is there anyway to change that port somewhere?

If this was the correct sub for SYnchronet support, I'd tell you to try
    this file:
    /sbbs/web/templates/default/telnet.inc

But since its not, I'm not going to tell you. :P

-Mindless Automaton
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Eldritch Clockwork BBS - eldritch.darktech.org
  • From Rassilon@VERT/CITADEL to Mindless Automaton on Sat Apr 10 04:41:14 2010
    Re: Re: And another thing...
    By: Mindless Automaton to Rassilon on Fri Apr 09 2010 09:32 am

Rassilon wrote:
    ...Since I can't get the synchronet web server to recognize the .php
    files in the /web/root directory, I the original web server files back
    up.

When I did this, I noticed something I hadn't seen before. At the bottom of the screen there is an option to run Java Telnet. Of course I tried this, but the java telnet client automatically defaults to port 23. Is there anyway to change that port somewhere?

If this was the correct sub for SYnchronet support, I'd tell you to try
    this file:

Well, you can be that way if you want to. It was an honest mistake. I thought I was on Synchronet Discussion when I posted that.

I'd still like an answer to this question (not that it matters, I'm going to be running my web-end on my LAMP server in Ubuntu) so, if you'd like, you can reply to this by email & tell me what's up or you can eat worms.

-Rassilon...

The Citadel BBS - telnet://citadel.synchro.net (PORT 4000) - Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Role Playing...

---
    ■ Synchronet ■ *[The Citadel BBS]* - citadel.synchro.net (PORT 4000) - Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Role
  • From Mindless Automaton@VERT/ELDRITCH to Rassilon on Mon Apr 12 01:35:45 2010
    Rassilon wrote:

If this was the correct sub for SYnchronet support, I'd tell you to try this file:

Well, you can be that way if you want to. It was an honest mistake. I thought
    I was on Synchronet Discussion when I posted that.

I'd still like an answer to this question (not that it matters, I'm going to be
    running my web-end on my LAMP server in Ubuntu) so, if you'd like, you can reply to this by email & tell me what's up or you can eat worms.

Hopefully you are joking back at me and actually checked that file. :P

-Mindless Automaton
    ---
    ■ Synchronet ■ Eldritch Clockwork BBS - eldritch.darktech.org
  • From Rassilon@VERT/CITADEL to Mindless Automaton on Mon Apr 12 21:32:39 2010
    Re: Re: And another thing...
    By: Mindless Automaton to Rassilon on Sun Apr 11 2010 09:35 pm

Hopefully you are joking back at me and actually checked that file. :P

Ya.

-Rassilon...

---