• SBBS screen editor

From Rick Smith@21:1/190.1 to All on Sun Sep 13 02:20:26 2020
    Greetings All!

Is there some piece of software out there that edits sbbs display files,menus etc? Trying to customize the board without reinventing the wheel and I have tried pablo draw, moebius etc I have used the ans2asc and asc2ans that come with SBBS no matter what the editor just shows garbled screens... Any help appreciated...

----
    Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

... Taglines - the "Magic: The Gathering" of BBSing!
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: ----> Abacus Sysop Point --->>>>bbs.abon.us:2323 (21:1/190.1)
  • From Underminer@21:4/103 to Rick Smith on Sun Sep 13 07:48:31 2020
    Re: SBBS screen editor
    By: Rick Smith to All on Sat Sep 12 2020 10:20 pm

wheel and I have tried pablo draw, moebius etc I have used the ans2asc and asc2ans that come with SBBS no matter what the editor just shows garbled screens... Any help appreciated...

What kind of garbling are you experiencing? I just use moebius and save without sauce... they're just typical .ans and .asc files.
    ===
    Underminer - The Undermine BBS
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: bbs.undermine.ca:423 - Calgary, AB (21:4/103)
  • From Fang-Castro@21:3/112 to Rick Smith on Sun Sep 13 22:31:40 2020
    Is there some piece of software out there that edits sbbs display files,menus etc? Trying to customize the board without reinventing the wheel and I have tried pablo draw, moebius etc I have used the ans2asc and asc2ans that come with SBBS no matter what the editor just shows garbled screens... Any help appreciated...

I just load whatever SBBS file into a text editor, so I can see the jist of it, and then start fresh in TheDraw. Then I save my ANSI version and two ascii versions as .asc and .msg

After you've made your own you don't have to deal with the 'garbled screens'. I'm sure there's a way to just edit the SBBS file with all the color codes it comes with but it was easier for me just to do it my own way.

If you want any screen converted to ANSI so you can use pablodraw or moebius lemme know. I'll also make custom screens/menus if you want =)
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Flee the Planet BBS [flee.fsxnet.nz:2323] (21:3/112)