• Experimental ENiG change

From NuSkooler@21:1/121 to All on Sat Jan 12 15:40:55 2019
    I've made an experimental change to ENiGMA 1/2 that is live on Xibalba BBS for testing to work around terminals such as current NetRunner betas that report the wrong terminal type.

Specifically, NR currently reports 'xterm' *only* when connecting via SSH where
    in Telnet mode it properly sends a ANS-BBS compatible term type. Howver, it still wants CP437 but not UTF-8 which xterm is for better or worse, aligned with (in reality, 'xterm' does not explicitly mean UTF-8 always, but this is the reality of detection).

In my testing this works well, but there may be terms that this causes issues with.

I'm hoping g00r00 can fix the couple NR bugs I've reported, as they seem to be very trivial (the one described above, and term size incorrectly reporting). He's done an amazing job with NR, and using it in SSH mode kicks arse.

If anyone trys this out, I'd love to hear how it goes!

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.9-alpha (linux; x64; 10.13.0)
    * Origin: Xibalba -+- xibalba.l33t.codes:44510 (21:1/121)
  • From KrUpTiOn@21:2/105.1 to NuSkooler on Sun Jan 13 10:48:14 2019
    Re: Experimental ENiG change
    By: NuSkooler to All on Sat Jan 12 2019 10:40 am

Hey!

I had a few hours today to work on Enigma, I've got all the menus done and fixed, trying to figure out why door party won't connect. I'm working on the file areas now. Not sure how or why, but when I imported my FILEGATE.ZXX it kinda 'reversed' the name and the folders the files were in. So, I'm going to have to fix all 150 file areas by hand. :( I'm getting it done though, can't wait for you to see it!

I'm gonna PM you later today, it's all functional, I WOULD like some input from you...

Thanks!
    Regards,
    KrUpTiOn
    --- SBBSecho 3.04-Linux
    * Origin: thenewfrontier2.hopto.org:2333 (Akron, OH) (21:2/105.1)
  • From NuSkooler@21:1/121 to KrUpTiOn on Sun Jan 13 17:52:42 2019

On Sunday, January 13th KrUpTiOn was heard saying...
    I had a few hours today to work on Enigma, I've got all the menus done and fixed, trying to figure out why door party won't connect. I'm working on the file areas now. Not sure how or why, but when I imported my FILEGATE.ZXX it kinda 'reversed' the name and the folders the files were in. So, I'm going to have to fix all 150 file areas by hand. :( I'm getting it done though, can't wait for you to see it!

For DoorParty! make sure your menu.hjson has the correct credentials/etc. provided by DoorParty! for you, then if tail the enigma-bbs.log (with level set
    to trace to be sure) when you attempt & see what the issue is.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'reserved' when importing a ZXX. The entire point
    of a import is to establish the areas (and their tags), and optionally if you provided --create-dirs, to make the directories themselves.

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.9-alpha (linux; x64; 10.13.0)
    * Origin: Xibalba -+- xibalba.l33t.codes:44510 (21:1/121)