• Re: Streaming stuff etc.

From Avon@21:1/101 to Erazmus on Tue Dec 31 15:57:00 2019

On 30 Dec 2019 at 09:29a, Erazmus pondered and said...

One of my favourite quick meals - a roast chicken sandwich with
    mayonnaise and cracked black pepper, with a caesar salad. Mmm.

Now I'm hungry again :) Cheers ears...

I have yet to succumb to the Disney+ lure - The only streaming service I subscribe to is Netflix. The rest of my content consumption is watching British TV. Being in Canada, there's no legal way for me to obtain this content, so I have to resort to 'other' means. Hey, I'd love to have the option to just pay the UK TV license fee and legitimize my viewing, but they won't take my money.

We opted to split the cost with one of our older kids who wants it for their daughter... turns out you can have several profiles and he's happy to share
    the main login with us so we each just use a different profile and it seems theres no issues with more than one profile watching at a time.. In New
    Zealand they are charging $100 a year for the service so we're paying $50
    each and it does not seem to bad for that cost to me... but who knows, I'll probably watch it a bit but think my teenage daughter will likely watch it
    more :)

Re UK TV yep I can appreciate your pain. I've used a DNS service from time to time for similar reasons over here.

One of my 2020 goals is to try to find a better balance between
    work/home, and hopefully spend a bit more time doing the things that I enjoy.

I've got eating more fruit for one of mine. :)

I'd appreciate it if your global position as being one of the first
    places to ring in 2020 (and not Australia, as the majority of this continent thinks) - could you let the rest of us know what 2020 looks like?

Well it's 11am new years eve here, it's fine and sunny (first time in days)
    so far the tail end of 2019 seems OK... I'll keep you posted :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Captain Obvious@21:1/157 to Avon on Mon Dec 30 23:51:45 2019
    On 31 Dec 2019, Avon said the following...

Well it's 11am new years eve here, it's fine and sunny (first time in days) so far the tail end of 2019 seems OK... I'll keep you posted :)

Still the 30th here. Supposed to be nice weather tomorrow as well, which is good. One of the longest days of the year for me. Work until noon, sleep a couple of hours and go back in at 9pm to 9am ,at least. If my stores aren't staffed I've been known to be there until 4pm or later unfortunately. Have
    to stay up until that night because it's back to a normal 630ish am Thursday morning. Chances of even appearing in BBSland are pretty slim after tonight.

-=>Richard Miles<=-
    -=>Captain Obvious<=-
    -=>bbs.shadowscope.com<=-

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: * Shadowscope BBS * (21:1/157)
  • From Erazmus@21:1/133 to Avon on Tue Dec 31 00:34:56 2019
    On 31 Dec 2019, Avon said the following...

Well it's 11am new years eve here, it's fine and sunny (first time in days) so far the tail end of 2019 seems OK... I'll keep you posted :)

We had a brown Christmas, but today we're under a severe snowstorm watch with up to 30cm expected in the next 24 hours, so it's looking like our New Year
    is going to be very white. We certainly need the snowpack in the hills to
    help with next Summer's fire season.

Ian

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2019/02/01 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Parity Error BBS - Kelowna BC (21:1/133)