• Hey kids! gonna get busy here again...

From tallship@21:2/104 to All on Tue Dec 24 22:06:21 2019
    Well I've got a few days comiing up (aside from still flying the chainsaw for firewood) where I can dedicate to doing BBS related tasks and other todo
    items.

Top of my list is completing another echomail net and file base, cleaning up some of the menus and screens, and adjusting (adding/deleting) some echo
    areas.

I've been really tied up with a couple of pressing items, such as receiving notifications that tucows purchased assets of one of my upstreams and having
    to move ooodles of services away from them to other infra and servers before the beginning of February.

Many of those services are at IPs that require customer intervention to
    migrate as I don't control their DNS, which is a smooth process most of the time, but sometimes not, when the customer has no idea how to change an A RR
    at their registrar lolz... Not actually funny haha, that was a nervous laugh.

So I wanted to take a moment to apologize to some folks here that I have some pressing todos with and will focus on getting a lot of that done over the
    next few days - so no, I haven't forgotten, just dealing with other pressing issues related to my income as well as survival before the snow buries me again.

I dunno if I really wanna do the Jeremiah Johnson thing again, this will be
    my third winter and I'm really missing breathing the ocean air of Redondo and Hermosa Beach, and just chilling along the Esplanade for the Sunset every day.

I also miss visit and tinkering with my stuff for no good reason other than
    to stroke my ego by riding the elevators at One Wilshire.from one floor to
    the other - for those who don't know how it works there, there's two elevator bays, with each one servicing one half of the building, and the only two
    floors that all of the elevators stop on are the lobby and the 4th floor.

So to go from the 28th floor to the 12th floor,for example, requires two elevator rides lol. I used to manage some equipment on the fourth floor, but that guy closed his operations down so now I don't have access to that
    floor, which requires me riding down to the lobby, pushing the cart through
    the turnstyles twise going around the lobby desk, and back up the other side.

I dunno why that exictes me so much, coz I've got remote hands to do
    everything for me for free like hhard reboots or hotswaps of power supplies
    or disks, etc. and I can even ship servers there and have them rack them up
    for me according to where in the racks or which ports in the switches I want.

Anyway, I friend of mine sends me sunset photos from Burnout with Rocky Point in the background ever few days and she's really kept my interest on being there.

Okay enough of my senseless monolog, just wanted to pop in and let folks know
    I haven't actually disappeared, and looking forward to being able to just participate and enjoy chilling in the echo here in between packing the
    furnace with wood or stirring the beans for the next couple of months lolz.

Kindest regards,

Bradley

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Vger.Cloud - NOMAD Internetwork (21:2/104)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to tallship on Mon Dec 30 20:33:26 2019
    On 24 Dec 2019 at 05:06p, tallship pondered and said...

Okay enough of my senseless monolog, just wanted to pop in and let folks know I haven't actually disappeared, and looking forward to being able
    to just participate and enjoy chilling in the echo here in between
    packing the furnace with wood or stirring the beans for the next couple
    of months lolz.

It was a great read... and given how lousy my summer is over here right now I may hit you up for a good beans recipe yet :) Hope 2020 is a good one for you and thanks for being part of the fsxNet community - it's great to have you here. :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)