• Anti-Virals

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Anybody on Tue Mar 17 07:19:00 2020
    I wonder how much effect current anti-virals have on covid.. obviously they're not designed for it, and they aren't actually a cure, more of an assist to the immune system.

Are your AIDS or Herpes sufferers going to be "safer" because they're already on anti-virals, in some cases combinations thereof.

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: < Scrawled in blood at The Lower Planes > (21:3/101)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Tue Mar 17 14:24:00 2020
    On 03-17-20 03:19, Spectre wrote to Anybody <=-

I wonder how much effect current anti-virals have on covid.. obviously they're not designed for it, and they aren't actually a cure, more of
    an assist to the immune system.

Are your AIDS or Herpes sufferers going to be "safer" because they're already on anti-virals, in some cases combinations thereof.

Apparently a potential cure has been found by a team in Brisbane. The treatment involves a malaria drug and a HIV drug, and since both drugs are already approved, they're ready to start human trials.

So at least some HIV mediation may be beneficial.

... 'Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting' RAH.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Vk3jed on Tue Mar 17 04:20:02 2020
    Apparently a potential cure has been found by a team in Brisbane. The treatment involves a malaria drug and a HIV drug, and since both drugs
    are already approved, they're ready to start human trials.

If this is accurate...can see the US being the only country in the world not
    to allow it to be used because an American company isn't being used to make money for those who own it. The OPOS tried to force a German company to be bought for a billion dollars...if they would only allow the drug to be for Americans only. Add in that the OPOS won't allow the WHO tests to be approved...can see this country allow millions to die because some drug
    company isn't going to make someone rich & the rest of us to die.

ACME BBS-Member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/AmigaNet/VKRadio/FidoNet/MicroNet.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/09 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: ACME BBS-I taut I taw a puddy tat! (21:2/147)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Phoobar on Tue Mar 17 23:57:00 2020
    On 03-17-20 00:20, Phoobar wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Apparently a potential cure has been found by a team in Brisbane. The treatment involves a malaria drug and a HIV drug, and since both drugs
    are already approved, they're ready to start human trials.

If this is accurate...can see the US being the only country in the

I saw it from a couple of mainstream news sources uesterday, and google easily finds the story.

world not to allow it to be used because an American company isn't
    being used to make money for those who own it. The OPOS tried to force
    a German company to be bought for a billion dollars...if they would

I saw something about that on the news here.

... Windows 95 repair kit: A copy of OS/2 Warp.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Weatherman@21:1/132 to Vk3jed on Wed Mar 18 00:58:24 2020

Apparently a potential cure has been found by a team in Brisbane. The treatment involves a malaria drug and a HIV drug, and since both drugs are already approved, they're ready to start human trials.

That is the best news I have heard in awhile. The more smart minds on this, the better.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.52
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (21:1/132.0)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Weatherman on Wed Mar 18 16:35:00 2020
    On 03-17-20 20:58, Weatherman wrote to Vk3jed <=-

That is the best news I have heard in awhile. The more smart minds on this, the better.

Yes. I'm not surprised if cures and vaccines come from around here. Australia has some of the best medical research in the world.

... The Rat Race...win or lose, your still a rat!
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Vk3jed on Wed Mar 18 23:05:31 2020
    Yes. I'm not surprised if cures and vaccines come from around here. Australia has some of the best medical research in the world.

Does the government make it a priority to make this happen...rather than here in the US were magic/Middle Eastern folktales being reimaged by those with no idea of how to actually read the original languages these texts were written in? This BS is much of the reason the US has fallen behind the rest of the world & will continue doing so. Have a feeling the damage is beyond repair.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/09 (Windows/32)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Phoobar on Thu Mar 19 19:03:00 2020
    On 03-18-20 19:05, Phoobar wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Does the government make it a priority to make this happen...rather

I think it's atall levels. Government, hospitals, universities and private enterprise all seem to work well together, when it comes to research. Was reading about research in Melbourne by a collaboration between Melbourne University and the Royal Melbourne Hospital, which has tracked how the immune system responds to COVID-19 in patients who recover, finding that it responds in a manner similar to when dealing with the flu. The article is on sciencedaily.com. :)

... Nothing's impossible to those that don't have to do it.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Vk3jed on Thu Mar 19 19:01:36 2020
    I think it's atall levels. Government, hospitals, universities and private enterprise all seem to work well together, when it comes to research. Was reading about research in Melbourne by a collaboration between Melbourne University and the Royal Melbourne Hospital, which has

Be happy your government isn't currently ruled by religious fundamentalists
    who believe more in voodoo from their delusions. The US used to be a
    leader in research/science...but now their voodoo has made this country the laughing stock it is now. This is why you have an OPOS making these idiots proud of being stupid.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/18 (Windows/32)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Phoobar on Fri Mar 20 19:03:00 2020
    On 03-19-20 15:01, Phoobar wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Be happy your government isn't currently ruled by religious fundamentalists who believe more in voodoo from their delusions. The US used to be a leader in research/science...but now their voodoo has made this country the laughing stock it is now. This is why you have an OPOS making these idiots proud of being stupid.

Yeah, that's rather sad, same for the capitalists that are trying to milk this pandemic for a buck. I read an article this morning about the investment banks that are pressuring the drug companies to price gouge on corona virus research and treatments. The drug companies, from what the article said, actually seemed to be doing the right thing and absorbing risk and losses, but their banks are trying to make a buck. :/

... Assassination is the extreme form of censorship.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Vk3jed on Fri Mar 20 05:56:46 2020
    Yeah, that's rather sad, same for the capitalists that are trying to
    milk this pandemic for a buck. I read an article this morning about the

The one thing I have not seen the company I work for do is jack up the prices on items...just because. That's one thing to be proud of.

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Phoobar on Sat Mar 21 00:15:00 2020
    On 03-20-20 01:56, Phoobar wrote to Vk3jed <=-

milk this pandemic for a buck. I read an article this morning about the

The one thing I have not seen the company I work for do is jack up the prices on items...just because. That's one thing to be proud of.

That's good to see.

... Adam to Eve-> 'I'll wear the plants in this family'.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Phoobar on Fri Mar 20 14:38:00 2020
    Be happy your government isn't currently ruled by religious fundamentalists who believe more in voodoo from their delusions.

That appears to be the problem in Iran. They can't get the mosques shut and limit crowds... the "church" holds to much power. So even a moderate poli can't get anything done.

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Vk3jed on Fri Mar 20 12:16:00 2020
    Vk3jed wrote to Phoobar <=-

milk this pandemic for a buck. I read an article this morning about
    the investment banks that are pressuring the drug companies to price
    gouge on corona virus research and treatments.

The big banks are lobbying government to loosen capital restrictions to
    allow them to make riskier plays to try and offset CV losses. The same restrictions set into place after loose capital restrictions and loose regulation set the stage for the 2008 financial crisis and bailout.

Gross opportunism.

... The most easily forgotten thing is the most important
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org (21:4/122)
  • From Blue White@21:4/134 to Phoobar on Sat Mar 21 15:37:21 2020
    Phoobar wrote to Vk3jed <=-

That is good.

... Internal Error: The system has been taken over by sheep at line 19960
    --- MultiMail
    * Origin: Possum Lodge South * possumso.fsxnet.nz:7636/SSH:2122 (21:4/134)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to poindexter FORTRAN on Sun Mar 22 16:09:00 2020
    On 03-20-20 08:16, poindexter FORTRAN wrote to Vk3jed <=-

The big banks are lobbying government to loosen capital restrictions to allow them to make riskier plays to try and offset CV losses. The same restrictions set into place after loose capital restrictions and loose regulation set the stage for the 2008 financial crisis and bailout.

Gross opportunism.

And we'll see the coronavirus recession compounded into a GFC-II depression, when the whole house of cards collapses.... again! :/

... A continuing flow of paper is sufficient to continue the flow of paper.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Sun Mar 22 23:01:00 2020
    And we'll see the coronavirus recession compounded into a GFC-II depression, when the whole house of cards collapses.... again! :/

You won't need it to collapse, there is no way out of this without a recession.
    I don't care what they do or hope for... As always though through chaos comes
    opportunity, expect a new bunch or rich people as it comes to a close.

Spec

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Mon Mar 23 00:31:00 2020
    On 03-22-20 19:01, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

You won't need it to collapse, there is no way out of this without a recession.
    I don't care what they do or hope for... As always though through
    chaos comes
    opportunity, expect a new bunch or rich people as it comes to a close.

Nut I'm sure the bankers in the US could compouns an already bad situation. :/

... A triangle which has an angle of 135 degrees is called an obscene triangle === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Mon Mar 23 08:31:00 2020

Well conceiveably they could somehow. But I fully believe there's no way to get
    to GO through this thing. Whatever you can imagine is the worst economic scenario thats where we're going. Even with the governments suddenly pouring billions and trillions into the economy they also are not an infinite resource.
    We'll still have to make it up on the other side somehow. Unless and this is really unlikely they all agree to write off a lot of debt.

Spec

• From Weatherman@21:1/132 to Spectre on Sun Mar 22 23:45:03 2020

Well conceiveably they could somehow. But I fully believe there's no way
    to get
    to GO through this thing. Whatever you can imagine is the worst economic scenario thats where we're going. Even with the governments suddenly
    pouring billions and trillions into the economy they also are not an infinite resource.
    We'll still have to make it up on the other side somehow. Unless and this
    is really unlikely they all agree to write off a lot of debt.

Doesn't China own lots of several countries debt? Problem solved. They get the bill.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.52
    * Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (21:1/132.0)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Mon Mar 23 20:17:00 2020
    On 03-23-20 04:31, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Well conceiveably they could somehow. But I fully believe there's no
    way to get
    to GO through this thing. Whatever you can imagine is the worst
    economic scenario thats where we're going. Even with the governments suddenly pouring billions and trillions into the economy they also are
    not an infinite resource.
    We'll still have to make it up on the other side somehow. Unless and
    this is really unlikely they all agree to write off a lot of debt.

My point is yes, it's going to bad enough, no matter how well everyone acts, so we don't need banks behaving badly to screw things up even more than they'll already be.

... A University without students is like an ointment without a fly.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Spectre on Mon Mar 23 03:15:24 2020
    That appears to be the problem in Iran. They can't get the mosques shut and limit crowds... the "church" holds to much power. So even a
    moderate poli can't get anything done.

I have my fingers crossed we can keep the same BS from happening here with
    the evangelicals. All they can do is salivate about going back to the past where their cult buildings were full. You got evangelical nutjobs here who
    are holding services & having the government shut them down...no matter what the circumstance. Personally...look at the Arizona raid of Shortcreek (now Colorado City) in 1953. These bastards got sympathy they didn't deserve &
    have been milking it for all its worth ever since. These evangelicals will be as bad or worse than these mormons in 1953.

With Iran...just wondering if this virus might be the straw which breaks the camel's back for religious overreach. If they can keep the US government/businesses out of the situation if this were to happen...might be
    a nice place one day.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to poindexter FORTRAN on Mon Mar 23 04:07:00 2020
    The big banks are lobbying government to loosen capital restrictions to allow them to make riskier plays to try and offset CV losses. The same restrictions set into place after loose capital restrictions and loose regulation set the stage for the 2008 financial crisis and bailout.

They are more than willing to do it with any money which isn't there's. They want to risk...they can put their own funds on the line. #1 reason we need to have Glass-Stegall back into effect again.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Blue White on Mon Mar 23 04:09:56 2020
    The one thing I have not seen the company I work for do is jack up th prices on items...just because. That's one thing to be proud of.
    That is good.

Totally agree!!! They've even restricted anything used for cleaning & such to one item only. Way past time. These hoarders what to screw everyone
    else...they can waste their gas money trying to screw the rest of us.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Spectre on Mon Mar 23 04:51:23 2020
    not an infinite resource. We'll still have to make it up on the other
    side somehow. Unless and this is really unlikely they all agree to write off a lot of debt.

Totally agree with you on this one. Unfortunately...don't see those making their gains from the pain/death of others doing this. One way I see it happening is to take their gains/way to get more gains away from them.
    Another way was done in 1789/1917-18.

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Tue Mar 24 00:33:00 2020
    My point is yes, it's going to bad enough, no matter how well
    everyone acts, so we don't need banks behaving badly to screw things
    up even more than they'll already be.

We see it to slightly different ways, you're hoping for a better result, I don't think it matters who does what now, its just all buggered completely. You've got a bit more hope left if in you than I do.

Spec

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Tue Mar 24 01:53:00 2020
    On 03-23-20 20:33, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

My point is yes, it's going to bad enough, no matter how well
    everyone acts, so we don't need banks behaving badly to screw things
    up even more than they'll already be.

We see it to slightly different ways, you're hoping for a better
    result, I don't think it matters who does what now, its just all
    buggered completely. You've got a bit more hope left if in you than I
    do.

Or Maybe I can see it turning to even more shit than you. :P

... Dyslexic State Trooper spends all night handing out IUD's.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Phoobar on Mon Mar 23 12:37:00 2020
    Phoobar wrote to Blue White <=-

Totally agree!!! They've even restricted anything used for cleaning &
    such to one item only. Way past time. These hoarders what to screw everyone else...they can waste their gas money trying to screw the rest
    of us.

People are scared and unsure of what to do. Some people reach out to help those around them, and others want to hunker down and surround themselves
    with the things that make them feel normal - like the people on camera
    buying 500+ cans of Mountain Dew.

Then there are those who don't want to be without the things they're used
    to, and the people who are going along with the crowd -- if everyone is hoarding X, I should be to, after all.

We all need to try and understand one another during times like these. We're all scared and unsure of what to do. We're all manifesting it in different ways.

One suggestion? Figure out how much you'd spend on transit/commute/parking during this time and donate some portion of that to a local food bank. See
    if your company does a donation matching program, maybe get some of your co- workers to pitch in. That's what my office is doing to help. We're close to $5000 with the company match for a branch office of 30 people.

... Be extravagant
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Phoobar on Mon Mar 23 12:42:00 2020
    Phoobar wrote to Spectre <=-

making their gains from the pain/death of others doing this. One way I
    see it happening is to take their gains/way to get more gains away from them. Another way was done in 1789/1917-18.

One thought - those revolutions happened with a finite gold-backed currency. Now the solution is for the federal reserve to print more money for our government. Government pushes interest debt on to the next generation, solvency for big business, ever-increasing debt and inflation for the
    workers.

I wonder what politics will look like when my kids are grown. It's felt like the end of an empire for a while now, and I don't see any change coming
    soon.

... Be extravagant
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
  • From Oli@21:1/151 to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Mar 24 01:18:04 2020
    On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:42:00 -0700
    "poindexter FORTRAN -> Phoobar" <0@122.4.21> wrote:

Phoobar wrote to Spectre <=-

making their gains from the pain/death of others doing this.
    One way I see it happening is to take their gains/way to get
    more gains away from them. Another way was done in
    1789/1917-18.

One thought - those revolutions happened with a finite gold-backed currency. Now the solution is for the federal reserve to print more
    money for our government. Government pushes interest debt on to the
    next generation, solvency for big business, ever-increasing debt and inflation for the workers.

I wonder what politics will look like when my kids are grown. It's
    felt like the end of an empire for a while now, and I don't see any
    change coming soon.

reset the debt, poof gone ... start from scratch.

---
    * Origin: (21:1/151)
  • From Blue White@21:4/134 to Phoobar on Mon Mar 23 20:06:11 2020
    Phoobar wrote to Blue White <=-

Totally agree!!! They've even restricted anything used for cleaning &
    such to one item only. Way past time. These hoarders what to screw everyone else...they can waste their gas money trying to screw the rest
    of us.

I think some have bad intent, but others are worry-hoarding. In some
    areas, it seems like the state or local governments have made multiple
    closings at once, while leaving groceries and gas stations open. Our
    governor has a "daily" reveal where he tells us the one thing that is
    closing today, while always hinting that he might put us all on lockdown sometime in the future. I think some folks believed that one day he'd say "today I am closing grocery stores," or, "today you can't go anywhere at
    all," and so they were stocking up.

He has finally started emphasizing that he does not plan to close grocery
    or gas stations at all, so maybe they will calm down now.

... Direct from the Ministry of Silly Walks
    --- MultiMail
    * Origin: Possum Lodge South * possumso.fsxnet.nz:7636/SSH:2122 (21:4/134)
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Mar 24 03:43:45 2020
    People are scared and unsure of what to do. Some people reach out to
    help those around them, and others want to hunker down and surround themselves with the things that make them feel normal - like the people
    on camera buying 500+ cans of Mountain Dew.

Being in retail & being abused on a regular basis by customers...I forget
    that there are good/decent people out there. It's the scumbags who deserve whatever they get are the ones I remember...not the good ones. Know that's
    not a decent excuse...but as I try to calm down...I forget there are good
    ones out there.

One suggestion? Figure out how much you'd spend on
    transit/commute/parking during this time and donate some portion of that to a local food bank. See if your company does a donation matching

Very good idea!!!!

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Mar 24 03:47:57 2020
    I wonder what politics will look like when my kids are grown. It's felt like the end of an empire for a while now, and I don't see any change coming soon.

One thing about not having had kids or anyone (except for my former cat who
    was the only family I've ever had in all my life)...I think things are going
    to crap & stay that way for a while. Not sure if we'll be smart enough to
    pick up the pieces afterwards. I consider The Time Machine from HG Wells to what it probably will become. For that matter...being a Doctor Who
    fan...could be the same between the Thals & the Daleks. The Thals evolved...while the Daleks didn't.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Oli on Tue Mar 24 03:53:00 2020
    I wonder what politics will look like when my kids are grown. It's felt like the end of an empire for a while now, and I don't see any change coming soon.
    reset the debt, poof gone ... start from scratch.

Remember when I was studying theology about the OT...in the books of Moses...there was something called Year of Jubilee where all debt is erased every 50 years & things would restart over. The professor at Emory said it
    only happened once because so many of those with the money got so pissed off because of what they lost by not being able to screw others.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Blue White on Tue Mar 24 03:58:12 2020
    I think some have bad intent, but others are worry-hoarding. In some areas, it seems like the state or local governments have made multiple closings at once, while leaving groceries and gas stations open. Our

My roommate told me today that he's still got a job & will need to get a
    piece of paper to get there by bicycle because he's out the door 7 days a
    week by 5:30 AM. Expect to do the same as well tomorrow...since I go back to work at 10 AM Thursday.

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Phoobar on Wed Mar 25 03:22:00 2020
    Being in retail & being abused on a regular basis by customers...I forget that there are good/decent people out there. It's the scumbags who deserve whatever they get are the ones I remember...not the good ones. Know that's not a decent excuse...but as I try to calm down...I forget there are good ones out there.

Even when things are good its the duds that you remember at the end of the day.
    Current conditions just make it worse for everyone all round.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Phoobar on Wed Mar 25 03:26:00 2020
    For that matter...being a Doctor Who fan...could be the same between
    the Thals & the Daleks. The Thals evolved...while the Daleks didn't.

Strictly speaking thats not true.. The Kaleds evolve into Daleks, get somewhat engineered by Davros, and then they don't evolve any further that we can tell.
    Thals on the other hand all became "beautiful" specimans of humanoid appearance, and from memory get wiped out.

Spec

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Spectre on Tue Mar 24 16:49:26 2020
    that there are good/decent people out there. It's the scumbags who de whatever they get are the ones I remember...not the good ones. Know t not a decent excuse...but as I try to calm down...I forget there are ones out there.
    Even when things are good its the duds that you remember at the end of
    the day. Current conditions just make it worse for everyone all round.

True.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Spectre on Tue Mar 24 16:54:58 2020
    the Thals & the Daleks. The Thals evolved...while the Daleks didn't.
    Strictly speaking thats not true.. The Kaleds evolve into Daleks, get somewhat engineered by Davros, and then they don't evolve any further
    that we can tell. Thals on the other hand all became "beautiful"
    specimans of humanoid appearance, and from memory get wiped out.

Very true. The problem is I never remember hearing anything about what
    happened to the Thals after the TARDIS left the planet the 1st time. The
    series & the movies just go to the Daleks & nothing is mentioned again about the Thals.

Personally...would love to find out what happened to the Thals & see the
    world before the Kaleds became the Daleks. While the Time Lords send the
    Doctor back to when Davros does his thing to attempt to stop them...why not head back to the time when both were there before the war?

• From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Phoobar on Tue Mar 24 11:35:00 2020
    Phoobar wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

smart enough to pick up the pieces afterwards. I consider The Time
    Machine from HG Wells to what it probably will become.

Yeah, but HG Wells didn't foresee the cool TEAM MORLOCK shirts we could get from CafePress!

... Have you ever asked a question you weren't supposed to ask?
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Phoobar on Wed Mar 25 17:41:00 2020
    Personally...would love to find out what happened to the Thals & see the

Ponder, they appear in the first one, don't recall the story now only that its an early one, and they make one more appearance later for some reason too... but there's never anything about prewar status of the planet. Only the suggestion they'd been at it for generations.

Spec

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Mar 25 17:45:43 2020
    smart enough to pick up the pieces afterwards. I consider The Time Machine from HG Wells to what it probably will become.
    Yeah, but HG Wells didn't foresee the cool TEAM MORLOCK shirts we could get from CafePress!

How about the restaurant chain we need to start called...Eloi's R Us. We'll give you Eloi anyway you want it...fried...broiled...BBQ. It's all up to you.

• From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Spectre on Wed Mar 25 18:13:19 2020
    Personally...would love to find out what happened to the Thals & see
    Ponder, they appear in the first one, don't recall the story now only
    that its an early one, and they make one more appearance later for some reason too... but there's never anything about prewar status of the planet. Only the suggestion they'd been at it for generations.

Seem to remember something about 500 years of war. The Thals had developed a drug which allowed them to survive on the irradiated planet. The Daleks were protected inside of their city & wanted the drug to be able to go out to kill the Thals.

Got the original movies with Peter Cushing on Britbox...along with Hartnell's version. Will have to rewatch either one to find out more. The movie was in color & used basically the same script from the show...since it had been a
    year or so since they showed it.

Do remember the 12th Doctor ending up in a field to say a young Davros...but
    I think that's been the only thing which has been said about the world before the Daleks.