• Breakdown on the BBS Hwy Mk II

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Nobody on Sun Apr 19 21:10:00 2020
    Alright, take two at typing this message...

On your travels down the BBS Hwy today, if you noticed the flaming wreck off the side of the road that would've been TLP. For the second time recently
    the CPU Fan decided to spit its circlip out, fall apart and have a thermal meltdown.

Last time I was able to flip the worn looking clip over and it seemed to be ok, I suspect the thinner amount of material left meant that although it had
    a sharp edged to hook in, the thickness to keep it stable disappeared that
    much faster. Now I also had a quick look around for a fan last time this happened, I'm going to have to ramp up my efforts. Most I see come in 60 and then 80mm, this thing happens to be a 70mm.

What I've done for the present is to place a bar with a spindle point in the middle of it, to sit over the top of the fan and hold its guts in. While its screwed into opposing corners of the fan. It's losing a few RPM but its
    enough to keep it running for now. Don't expect it to last to long though.

And onto the message crisis. I hit a spot where I needed to reconfigure the SuperBBS directories. In multi-node it shares a common directory between nodes, and has some node specific files in "line" or "node" directories. The way I had it, each node was doing most of its work in the base directory,
    with the downside that things like logs were written to by each node adhoc
    all thinking they had exclusive access to it. Leading to a borked log. So
    they got changed so the logging and most of the work for each node is now in its own directory. With the downside I had to rework all the door batch
    files, and has just been observed modify the msg editors batch file which I just found.

Alright, the wheels are back on and inflated, road side service has just
    left, and we're presently flaying the demons into submission to head off down the Hwy for another go.

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: (21:3/101)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Sun Apr 19 22:38:00 2020
    On 04-19-20 17:10, Spectre wrote to Nobody <=-

Alright, take two at typing this message...

On your travels down the BBS Hwy today, if you noticed the flaming
    wreck off the side of the road that would've been TLP. For the second time recently the CPU Fan decided to spit its circlip out, fall apart
    and have a thermal meltdown.

Oh dear. Hope the temporary repairs hold until you can get parks.

... A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)