• Nodelist Duplicates

From Nazferiti@21:3/107 to All on Thu Apr 30 17:34:33 2020
    Just Joined FSXNet this week, everything appears to be working correctly as far as Netmail and Echomail flow. The nodelist import / merge function
    however is a different story.

It appears that mutil creates duplicate entries every time it runs the import feature. I checked the INI file and I don't see any options there that would be obvious options to clear out duplicates. Has this occured for anybody
    else in the past?

- Mike

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Arcadia BBS | Putnam, CT | telnet.arcadiabbs.com (21:3/107)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to Nazferiti on Thu Apr 30 14:40:08 2020
    Hello Nazferiti,

Just Joined FSXNet this week, everything appears to be working
    correctly as far as Netmail and Echomail flow. The nodelist import / merge function however is a different story.

I just updated my nodelists with mutil and all seems fine here. I just did a couple searches in the nodelist browser and all seems fine here.

I am using an upto date prealpha. A45 may be different, I'm not sure.

It appears that mutil creates duplicate entries every time it runs the import feature. I checked the INI file and I don't see any options
    there that would be obvious options to clear out duplicates. Has this occured for anybody else in the past?

Where are you seeing dupelicates?

Ttyl :-),
    Al

--- GoldED+/LNX
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From maskreet@21:1/114 to Nazferiti on Thu Apr 30 17:40:19 2020
    On 30 Apr 2020, Nazferiti said the following...

Just Joined FSXNet this week, everything appears to be working
    correctly as far as Netmail and Echomail flow. The nodelist import / merge function however is a different story.

Welcome!

It appears that mutil creates duplicate entries every time it runs the import feature. I checked the INI file and I don't see any options
    there that would be obvious options to clear out duplicates. Has this occured for anybody else in the past?

Not sure, I'm seeing a bunch of bases that have over 10,000 messages lately, but not really seeing dupes.

Also, just wanted to say hello there, fellow Connecticutian!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/04/13 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: throwbackbbs.com -\- meriden, ct -\- (21:1/114)
  • From Nazferiti@21:3/107 to maskreet on Thu Apr 30 18:52:52 2020

Welcome!

Thank you, I'm loving how active the echo areas are in this network :)

Not sure, I'm seeing a bunch of bases that have over 10,000 messages lately, but not really seeing dupes.

I'm seeing some dupes in the messages as well, but my main problem is that
    the nodelist browser is pulling up duplicate entries for bbs's in the
    nodelist. In mystic it is not possible to send a netmail if there is a duplicate entry because you can't select a node to send the mail too. I
    wanted to weed out all the duplicates and it seems that every time mutil maint.ini runs (which is the name of the maint.ini file that I put my nodelist import function in) it just imports the nodelist again and creates more
    dupes.

• From maskreet@21:1/114 to Nazferiti on Thu Apr 30 19:24:19 2020
    On 30 Apr 2020, Nazferiti said the following...

I'm seeing some dupes in the messages as well, but my main problem is
    that the nodelist browser is pulling up duplicate entries for bbs's in
    the nodelist. In mystic it is not possible to send a netmail if there
    is a duplicate entry because you can't select a node to send the mail
    too. I wanted to weed out all the duplicates and it seems that every
    time mutil maint.ini runs (which is the name of the maint.ini file that
    I put my nodelist import function in) it just imports the nodelist again and creates more dupes.

Ohhhhh, yeah, I remember having an issue with that as well when I first setup Mystic a long time ago. You have to have your batch file delete the old file that it's going to replace first with a filename search, then copy over the
    new one. If you're using a batch. Mystic doesn't do nodelist merges.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/04/29 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: throwbackbbs.com -\- meriden, ct -\- (21:1/114)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Nazferiti on Sat May 2 19:24:50 2020
    On 30 Apr 2020 at 02:52p, Nazferiti pondered and said...

I'm seeing some dupes in the messages as well, but my main problem is
    that the nodelist browser is pulling up duplicate entries for bbs's in
    the nodelist. In mystic it is not possible to send a netmail if there
    is a duplicate entry because you can't select a node to send the mail
    too. I wanted to weed out all the duplicates and it seems that every
    time mutil maint.ini runs (which is the name of the maint.ini file that
    I put my nodelist import function in) it just imports the nodelist again and creates more dupes.

Delete nodelist.txt in your Data directory and then re-run the merge nodelist function to rebuild. If you're still having issues I can help. The again this message is several days old and I am reading sequentially through 100+
    messages so you may have sussed your problem already.

Oh and Hi - welcome, nice to see you here :)

Best, Paul

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/04/20 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Nazferiti@21:3/107 to Avon on Sat May 2 18:30:06 2020
    On 02 May 2020, Avon said the following...

On 30 Apr 2020 at 02:52p, Nazferiti pondered and said...

I'm seeing some dupes in the messages as well, but my main problem is that the nodelist browser is pulling up duplicate entries for bbs's i the nodelist. In mystic it is not possible to send a netmail if ther is a duplicate entry because you can't select a node to send the mail too. I wanted to weed out all the duplicates and it seems that every time mutil maint.ini runs (which is the name of the maint.ini file th I put my nodelist import function in) it just imports the nodelist ag and creates more dupes.

Delete nodelist.txt in your Data directory and then re-run the merge nodelist function to rebuild. If you're still having issues I can help. The again this message is several days old and I am reading sequentially through 100+ messages so you may have sussed your problem already.

Oh and Hi - welcome, nice to see you here :)

Best, Paul

Thanks Paul,

It's nice to be here, thanks for letting me join :)

I did that the other day, though I wasn't sure that would be the solution so
    I oly renamed the file to see if it would negatively affect the system first. It doesn't seem that it is importing duplicates now and the maint program is set to run daily and the nodelist files are still in the directory. Any idea what causes this problem in the first place?

- Mike

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Nazferiti on Mon May 4 23:55:20 2020
    On 02 May 2020 at 02:30p, Nazferiti pondered and said...

I did that the other day, though I wasn't sure that would be the
    solution so I oly renamed the file to see if it would negatively affect the system first. It doesn't seem that it is importing duplicates now
    and the maint program is set to run daily and the nodelist files are
    still in the directory. Any idea what causes this problem in the first place?

No I'm not sure. I have a hunch it's to do with contents of some nodelists
    but never sussed it out. I don't see it happen that often (if that is of some consolation) but if it does blowing out the txt file and running the merge function seems to do the trick.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/04/20 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)