• Message Bases...

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Anybody on Mon May 25 00:53:00 2020
    Message Base thoughts and ideas....

Isn't squish or JAM not sure which, functionally like a HUDSON base for each ìmessage area? If so, I might be able to coerce the reader to work with it.

NNTPJAM looks like it could be a goer, but I have that same message base ìinteraction problem. Anyone know of a door that will handle JAM message ìbases?

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: (21:3/101)
  • From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Mon May 25 01:45:08 2020
    Re: Message Bases...
    By: Spectre to Anybody on Sun May 24 2020 08:53 pm

NNTPJAM looks like it could be a goer, but I have that same message base interaction problem. Anyone know of a door that will handle JAM message bases?

What are you trying to do?

...δεσ∩

... Open mouth, insert foot, echo internationally.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (21:2/116)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Mon May 25 13:24:00 2020
    On 05-24-20 20:53, Spectre wrote to Anybody <=-

Message Base thoughts and ideas....

Isn't squish or JAM not sure which, functionally like a HUDSON base for each message area? If so, I might be able to coerce the reader to work with it.

Each area has its own base, which consists of 4 or 5 files. That's the case for both Squish and JAM, unlike Hudson which has all areas in the one messagebase.

NNTPJAM looks like it could be a goer, but I have that same message
    base interaction problem. Anyone know of a door that will handle JAM message bases?

Hmm, might need a BBS for the JAM? Many options in that area, both old and new. Hmm, can you run a BBS as a door? :)

... These are the voyages of the starchip Enterkey...
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Mon May 25 12:46:00 2020

Welllllll aside from being difficult as usual :) If I could functionally use ìa JAM message base with Super then having nntp available would sort out my ìproblems of trying to bridge to the local nntp server...

Soo I need to find something that will work to read/post to JAM rather than ìHudson. But if JAM is like the hudson for each area, it might be possible to ìwork around it, using the reader still....

Or I go back and have another crack at the fido uucp gateway software again.

Spec

• From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Mon May 25 14:20:36 2020
    By: Spectre to alterego on Mon May 25 2020 08:46 am

Soo I need to find something that will work to read/post to JAM rather than Hudson. But if JAM is like the hudson for each area, it might be possible to work around it, using the reader still....

So JamNNTPd can work with JAM message bases. (A tip, a clue is in its name !)

I have seen another version (fork) of it that can work with Squash - dont recall where, but might be with the hpt stuff...

So it acts as an NNTP server, for which it serves clients (aka readers)...

Does that help you?

...δεσ∩

... It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From alterego@21:2/116 to Vk3jed on Mon May 25 14:33:18 2020
    Re: Re: Message Bases...
    By: Vk3jed to Spectre on Mon May 25 2020 09:24 am

Hmm, might need a BBS for the JAM? Many options in that area, both old and new. Hmm, can you run a BBS as a door? :)

Dont need a BBS to use JAM. Hub 3 uses JAM bases, and there is no BBS there...

...δεσ∩

... Life is a hereditary disease.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Mon May 25 14:48:00 2020
    Each area has its own base, which consists of 4 or 5 files. That's
    the case for both Squish and JAM, unlike Hudson which has all areas
    in the one messagebase.

Once upon a time, and I never looked into it, one of the alternate message ìbase alternatives was effectively meant to look pretty much a hudson message ìbase for each area as opposed to the traditional all areas shoveled into one. ìIf that was the case with some jiggery pokery and artful configuration it ìmight be possible to get by with something that expects a hudson base. Its a ìquestion of internal design.

Hmm, might need a BBS for the JAM? Many options in that area, both

Been there done that before... biggest problem was it tended to be a one way ìtrip they always want to hang up on exit. Might be able to finagle that ìthough too.. probably last resort at this stage. And would want to be, ìsomething DOS age an antique as well.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Mon May 25 15:32:00 2020
    So JamNNTPd can work with JAM message bases. (A tip, a clue is in its
    name !)

I have seen another version (fork) of it that can work with Squash
    - dont recall where, but might be with the hpt stuff...

So it acts as an NNTP server, for which it serves clients (aka
    readers)...

Does that help you?

No and yes.. I already have an NNTP server in place however I could just ìscrape the JamNNTPd server I s'pose. What I'm looking for IF I put jamnntpd ìin play is a way I work around no native support for JAM. Another messy idea ìI s'pose would be to make it a point and scan toss packets from it to the ìHUDSON. I better ask the best question, what platform is JamNNTPd aimed at?

Squash might work, there is native support of it in Super, but "The Reader" ìonly supports HUDSON. So if one of those two formats is effectively a HUDSON ìstyle build then reconfiguring the BBS to point at a different directory for ìevery message area might be able to fool "The Reader" into thinking its still ìworking only with HUDSON. Otherwise I need another alternative for this too.

Spec

• From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Mon May 25 17:02:17 2020
    By: Spectre to alterego on Mon May 25 2020 11:32 am

scrape the JamNNTPd server I s'pose. What I'm looking for IF I put jamnntpd in play is a way I work around no native support for JAM. Another messy idea I s'pose would be to make it a point and scan toss packets from it to the HUDSON. I better ask the best question, what platform is JamNNTPd aimed at?

JamNNTPd runs on linux (maybe more, I dont know) - but it doesnt toss or export
    mail. Its an NNTP server and only serves NNTP clients, and you need something else to toss/export mail.

different directory for every message area might be able to fool "The Reader" into thinking its still working only with HUDSON. Otherwise I need another alternative for this too.

Why dont you use golded? It supports Jam (maybe Squish too IIRC)...

Hub 3 is only HPT, Binkd, JamNNTP and Golded (although I only use Golded to check on mail randomly).

...δεσ∩

... There is no greater loan than a sympathetic ear.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Mon May 25 18:49:00 2020
    JamNNTPd runs on linux (maybe more, I dont know) - but it doesnt toss or export mail. Its an NNTP server and only serves NNTP clients, and you need something else to toss/export mail.

So its just sitting on top of a JAM base rather than whatever NNTP normally ìuses I gather. So I could scan TLP for everything, toss it to the JamNNTP ìbase, and scrape it from my regular NNTP server... sounds roundabout but ìworkable. That way all the current BBS fixtures just work.

I don't actually know golded is... But whatever it is, GoldEd or other would ìneed to fit back into the BBS as a door to take over the message base ìfacilities. So, DOS .exe required.

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to alterego on Mon May 25 18:24:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 10:33, alterego wrote to Vk3jed <=-

By: Vk3jed to Spectre on Mon May 25 2020 09:24 am

Dont need a BBS to use JAM. Hub 3 uses JAM bases, and there is no BBS there...

True, depends what you're using it for. :)

... Finagle's first Law: If an experiment works, something has gone wrong
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Mon May 25 18:32:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 10:48, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Been there done that before... biggest problem was it tended to be a
    one way trip they always want to hang up on exit. Might be able to finagle that though too.. probably last resort at this stage. And would want to be, something DOS age an antique as well.

In the DOS days, I had the same problem trying to implement a "relogin" function on the BBS, so I could get a second login without having to hang up and call again. At the time, there were two BBS users living under the same roof, so it was a money saving option. Only way I could do it was by having the modem ignore DTR (I think), so it would stay up when the RA existed back to the main batch file.

This setup also allowed me to make major configuration changes like CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT and baing able to reboot with the changes while staying online. I just had to do my best "faking a modem" impression once the system came back up, which I would recognise by seeing the modem init string appear on my terminal. :)

I could tell the BBS any bitrate I liked because I had to type the CONNECT xxxxx atring in by hand. Once the system saw that, I'd be able to log in again. I only had to do that for rebooting. For the relogin function, the correct speed would be passed to RA on the command line.

... Gotta run! HAL just shut off the life support system again...
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Mon May 25 20:27:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 08:46, Spectre wrote to alterego <=-

Welllllll aside from being difficult as usual :) If I could
    functionally use a JAM message base with Super then having nntp
    available would sort out my problems of trying to bridge to the local
    nntp server...

I don't know how you're going to do that... Yes, you're being difficult. LOL

... Love is like war: easy to begin, but very hard to stop.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to alterego on Mon May 25 20:31:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 13:02, alterego wrote to Spectre <=-

I think he's wedded to SuperBBS and The Reader. If the latter is just for sysop reading, switching to GoldED would be a better move, because that would at least allow the use of Squish, avoiding the (severe) limitations of Hudson.

... California is a fine place to live -- if you happen to be an orange.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Mon May 25 23:22:00 2020
    In the DOS days, I had the same problem trying to implement a
    "relogin" function on the BBS, so I could get a second login without having to hang up and call again. At the time, there were two BBS

I actually had The Kingdom BB sitting on the same machine as TLP while its ìowner was out on excercises on a sub somewhere... We had a number of common ìcallers and somehow it ended up with me.

I was using type 15's to exit and start the new bbs software which I think ìwas RA, although you were meant to be able to get it to exit without hanging ìup and returning to the first system in actuality it liked to hang up the ìmodem, so it was always a one way trip.

Forcing DTR high might've been enough, but I think RA and Super both liked to ìtoggle it during logoff.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Mon May 25 23:26:00 2020
    I don't know how you're going to do that... Yes, you're being
    difficult. LOL

Wait for it, theres a partial plan in the air... might be slightly easier ìthan
    I thought although still convoluted.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Mon May 25 23:33:00 2020
    I think he's wedded to SuperBBS and The Reader. If the latter is just for sysop reading, switching to GoldED would be a better move, because that

In the day's of 2400 when I first saw the reader it was slower than melting ìblanc mange. Thats not so much an issue now, and its a far nicer interface to ìdrive than the stock SuperBBS message options. Drawback, it only works with ìHUDSON.

So to swap from HUDSON requires a replacement door reader. I'm certainly ìwedded to using SuperBBS, but The Reader is more like a concubine. :)

If you're desperate to figure out why it is so, you can always log in and ìpoke
    around the message menu, all the options are there. In this day and age ìI pretty much guarantee you'd prefer The Reader for interface.

Spec

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Wed May 27 00:21:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 19:22, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

In the DOS days, I had the same problem trying to implement a
    "relogin" function on the BBS, so I could get a second login without having to hang up and call again. At the time, there were two BBS

I actually had The Kingdom BB sitting on the same machine as TLP while
    its owner was out on excercises on a sub somewhere... We had a number
    of common callers and somehow it ended up with me.

Cool setup. :)

I was using type 15's to exit and start the new bbs software which I think was RA, although you were meant to be able to get it to exit
    without hanging up and returning to the first system in actuality it
    liked to hang up the modem, so it was always a one way trip.

Type 15's???

Forcing DTR high might've been enough, but I think RA and Super both
    liked to toggle it during logoff.

Telling the modem to ignore DTR is what did the trick for me. :)

... Buy Land Now. It's Not Being Made Any More.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Wed May 27 00:25:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 19:26, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

I don't know how you're going to do that... Yes, you're being
    difficult. LOL

Wait for it, theres a partial plan in the air... might be slightly
    easier than I thought although still convoluted.

Haha, so what's the big idea?

... Dawn crept across the lawn, searching for her car keys.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Wed May 27 00:29:00 2020
    On 05-25-20 19:33, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

I think he's wedded to SuperBBS and The Reader. If the latter is just for sysop reading, switching to GoldED would be a better move, because that

In the day's of 2400 when I first saw the reader it was slower than melting blanc mange. Thats not so much an issue now, and its a far
    nicer interface to drive than the stock SuperBBS message options. Drawback, it only works with HUDSON.

That would have been a deal breaker for me. Hudson was simply woefully inadequate for a messaging board like mine. JAM was the saviour for RA, and Squish would have done the job, had I settled on a BBS that supported it instead.

So to swap from HUDSON requires a replacement door reader. I'm
    certainly wedded to using SuperBBS, but The Reader is more like a concubine. :)

Hahaha good one. :D

If you're desperate to figure out why it is so, you can always log in
    and poke around the message menu, all the options are there. In this
    day and age I pretty much guarantee you'd prefer The Reader for
    interface.

Actually, I'm a different beast again, I don't like reading online, if I can avoid it. Bluewave was my reader of choice back in the day and today it's Multimail. ;)

... She sells unix shells by the sea shore
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Wed May 27 13:52:00 2020
    I was using type 15's to exit and start the new bbs

Type 15's???

Type 15 exits to dos, also used to launch doors. Can work a treat if you ìhave low memory, it actually exits the BBS with a user defiened errorlevel so ìeverything possible is unloaded, then starts the new software. You actually ìhave to relaunch the original BBS software telling it someone is already ìonline.

Type 7, shell to dos, leaves less memory free. Even if you enable *M OR *S ìfor
    swapping this leaves less available memory.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Wed May 27 14:05:00 2020
    Wait for it, theres a partial plan in the air... might be slightly easier than I thought although still convoluted.

Haha, so what's the big idea?

replace INN with jamnntpd (won't load on 119 at the moment), use dos mail ìtossers in the background to move FTN, and if I can get jam onto port 119, ìsee if it'll behave with suck posting articles to it.... problem solvered as ìthey say.

Presently despite having disabled INN I see systemd hanging onto port 119 and ìI haven't found a way to stop that happening.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Wed May 27 14:07:00 2020
    That would have been a deal breaker for me. Hudson was simply woefully

Back then there was NO jam or squish. This 1.17 version of Super does ìsupport
    squish though. I might have played with it a little for newsgroups ìback when,
    but generally just stuck with the HUDSON hornet :)

Spec

• From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Wed May 27 15:21:16 2020
    By: Spectre to Vk3jed on Wed May 27 2020 09:52 am

Type 15 exits to dos, also used to launch doors. Can work a treat if you have low memory, it actually exits the BBS with a user defiened errorlevel so everything possible is unloaded, then starts the new software. You

I remember doing this back in the day. On connect, I had Ezycom and Turboard setup, so you could go into either board. And when you finished with one, you could get into the other one without having to call again.

(I was playing with Turboboard at the time, and RIP.)

...δεσ∩

... Success is one unpardonable sin against one's fellows.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 00:26:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 09:52, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Type 15's???

Type 15 exits to dos, also used to launch doors. Can work a treat if
    you have low memory, it actually exits the BBS with a user defiened errorlevel so everything possible is unloaded, then starts the new software. You actually have to relaunch the original BBS software
    telling it someone is already online.

Type 7, shell to dos, leaves less memory free. Even if you enable *M OR
    *S for swapping this leaves less available memory.

Ahh OK, so these are SuperBBS specific? But yeah makes sense.

... Cheese: Milk's leap toward immortality.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 00:29:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 10:05, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

replace INN with jamnntpd (won't load on 119 at the moment), use dos
    mail tossers in the background to move FTN, and if I can get jam onto
    port 119, see if it'll behave with suck posting articles to it....
    problem solvered as they say.

Ahh, OK cool. And will JAMNNTPd allow posts from anyone other than the logged in user?

Presently despite having disabled INN I see systemd hanging onto port
    119 and I haven't found a way to stop that happening.

Hmm, bummer.

... An argument is where two people are trying to get the LAST word in FIRST! === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 00:33:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 10:07, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

That would have been a deal breaker for me. Hudson was simply woefully

Back then there was NO jam or squish. This 1.17 version of Super does support squish though. I might have played with it a little for newsgroups back when, but generally just stuck with the HUDSON hornet
    :)

Yeah, I upgraded to RA 2.x as soon as it came out, and took to JAM immediately, though the migration process for existing areas was done slowly over several years. By the end of it all, there were only a handful of low volume echos and netmail left in Hudson.

... You don't know what you are, do you?
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Thu May 28 02:34:00 2020

Ahhh no, 7 and 15 are older than dirt, go all the way back to Quick, RA also ìhas them...

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Thu May 28 02:44:00 2020
    Ahh, OK cool. And will JAMNNTPd allow posts from anyone other than the logged in user?

You can limit posts by IP, so localhost only can post... then its log in or ìnothing...

119 and I haven't found a way to stop that happening.

Hmm, bummer.

Unfortunately Ubuntu 14.04 doesn't know whether its coming or going in the ìservices dept...

/etc/init.d files,
    systemctl
    service

In the end service inn disable was the winner.. but now onto new problems :(

It's not talking to the JAM message base. FMAIL is tossing packets, and ìdoing
    its thing. jamnntp is sitting there accepting incomings, handing out a ìlist of
    configured areas, unable to access any areas... (grumble).. sounds ìlike permissions, but 777 isn't doing it, or its not looking where I think it ìshould be looking. Either way, I'm stymied again.

Spec

PS: sad recent thought, perhaps an FMAIL JAMBASE <> JAMNNTPd JAMEBASE :/

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Vk3jed on Thu May 28 02:47:00 2020
    Yeah, I upgraded to RA 2.x as soon as it came out, and took to JAM

That was well after RA and I had gone our seperate ways. I'm somewhat ìsurprised that this style BBS doesn't have any apparent decendents. ìQuick/RA/Super were pretty much the rage for years...

Spec

• From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Thu May 28 03:04:38 2020
    By: Spectre to Vk3jed on Wed May 27 2020 10:44 pm

It's not talking to the JAM message base. FMAIL is tossing packets, and doing its thing. jamnntp is sitting there accepting incomings, handing out a list of configured areas, unable to access any areas... (grumble)..

Check the JAM bases and make sure that there is a <areaname>.jlr file. If not, "touch" it to create a zero byte file. (Each JAM message area should have 4 files.)

(I've noticed that some mail tossers dont create this file - which holds the last read pointers.)

...δεσ∩

... Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Thu May 28 04:10:00 2020
    Check the JAM bases and make sure that there is a
    <areaname> .jlr file. If not, "touch" it to create a zero byte
    file. (Each JAM message area should have 4 files.)

A base with message looks like

msg.jdt
    msg.jdx
    msg.jhr
    msg.jlr

If I less the files, they look normal. Headers, text etc.. I was crazy enough ìto call every message base msg...

/bbs/jam/tlp/waffle/msg.*

all the rest are a variation on that theme.

Spec

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 16:59:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 22:34, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Ahhh no, 7 and 15 are older than dirt, go all the way back to Quick, RA also has them...

Ahh, OK, well it has been 20 years since I got my hands dirty with RA! :) But will get reacquainted soon. :)

... Breaded, deep fried, disgusting chicken-compound things.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 17:01:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 22:44, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

You can limit posts by IP, so localhost only can post... then its log
    in or nothing...

So those IPs with permission to post don't need to be logged in? That sounds perfect.

It's not talking to the JAM message base. FMAIL is tossing packets,
    and doing its thing. jamnntp is sitting there accepting incomings,
    handing out a list of configured areas, unable to access any areas... (grumble).. sounds like permissions, but 777 isn't doing it, or its not looking where I think it should be looking. Either way, I'm stymied again.

Hmm, I've never played with JAMNNTPd, so can't help. But I imagine it needs to know about the areas too, independent of the BBS.

... I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Spectre on Thu May 28 17:51:00 2020
    On 05-27-20 22:47, Spectre wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Yeah, I upgraded to RA 2.x as soon as it came out, and took to JAM

That was well after RA and I had gone our seperate ways. I'm somewhat surprised that this style BBS doesn't have any apparent decendents. Quick/RA/Super were pretty much the rage for years...

Yeah, that family of BBSs was very popular in the 1990s, you'd have thought at least some aspects of them would have survived to the present day. However, the rise of the Internet and modern OSs has changed the ideal BBS a bit. Back then, with phone lines AND PCs that could only do one thing at a time (DOS), it made sense to have everything work in series - mailer waits for a call, handles mail calls, and anything not a mail call, it hands off to the BBS, and the BBS in turn hands off to a door. Yeah, I know you could load up DV, Windows or OS/2 and run multiple copies of a DOS BBS concurrently, but the phone line still forced things within each instance to be run sequentially.

Today, the Internet allows mailers and BBSs to listen simultaneously on separate port, and modern OSs like Windows and Linux are fully multitasking, so the BBS, mailer and doors can all run side by side. Therefore, certain aspects of RA are definitely past their use by date (like exiting after each call, or to run a door), but something could have survived if there was an effort to do so.

... What can one expect of a day that begins getting up in the morning?
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Tiny@21:1/130 to Spectre on Thu May 28 13:27:34 2020
    Quoting Spectre to Vk3jed <=-

Ahhh no, 7 and 15 are older than dirt, go all the way back to Quick,
    RA also has them...

Ezycom does too.

Shawn

... Where'z dat whaskally wabbit?

--- EzyBlueWave V3.00 01FB001F
    * Origin: Tiny's BBS - telnet://tinysbbs.com:3023 (21:1/130)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Tiny on Fri May 29 12:34:00 2020
    Ezycom does too.

That johnny come lately upstart system :) It'll just be a flash in the pan.
    I never tried it though to be honest. It only did what I was already doing
    when it came out.

When it first arrived, it was quite amusing, a lot of locals got excited ìabout Australian software, and said Spec why don't you use Ezy, support ìBrad... so I asked whats it do, and they let loose with a spiel does this, n ìthat yadda yadda... and I had reply, Super does that already too...

Probably made more sense for someone putting a new system together. But it ìdidn't contain anything compelling to make me want to switch over to it.

Spec