• Gah this weather....

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Nobody on Mon Jul 20 06:03:00 2020
    Amidst our new covid lockdown, which has extended to mandatory masks if you ìleave the house now... but mask is a loose term ranging from the regular dust ìmask, surgical mask all the way to one of those floral bandanna affairs I saw ìon someone ;)

It has turned into outback Siberia here.... absolutely HOWLING gale, ìrattling my blinds passed closed windows... feels like zippo degrees, even ìthe feather doona on the bed is struggling, and driving rain pelting on ìaforementioned windows... its gotten a tad slightly uncomfortable, and my ìback has decided to go out in misery with it :/ Nurse I need more drugs... ìhave to make a trip to the chemist tomorrow anyways.. need some serious ìrefills.

This ASUS latpot, I'm beginning to think it is a latpot, not a laptop... is ìalso not behaving.. Having tried everything down to about plan X... I tried ìto restore an image from a functional system... using the rescue tools copied ìto a usb stick from the rescue partition. Of course this failed too, restore ìcomplaining I'm not using the same versions... but it took out the UEFI ìpartitions with it. I think I'm just down to finding install media for win8 ìand just have at it from scratch that way... nothing much else I can try.. ìunless I have an epiphany when I start feeling a little more human again.

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)