• waiting for a pinched nerve to leave

From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to The Godfather on Sat Aug 1 02:18:00 2020
    Hello The!

** On Thursday 30.07.20 - 21:54, The Godfather wrote to Warpslide:

... Unfortunately I'm waiting for a pinched nerve to leave my arm.
    As I type I can't feel my left pinky nor that half of the palm. It's
    been two weeks now and very hard to type.

Can't someone massage it back to normalcy for you?

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
    * Origin: (} Pointy McPointFace (21:4/106.21)
  • From The Godfather@21:1/165 to Ogg on Tue Aug 4 02:39:26 2020

I wish it were that simple. The last time this happened my chiropractor (and physical therapist) had to use ultra sound to free the nerve. It's pretty
    much up my shoulder now, so I have an appointment Friday to see if they can
    fix it. Otherwise doing fine other then wanting to install the MRC mod on my BBS but finding it too tough to type without frustration, and now pain. SO just hanging out reading posts and lurking which isn't as fun as
    participating in conversation.

-tG

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (21:1/165)
  • From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to The Godfather on Tue Aug 4 04:00:00 2020
    Hello The!

** On Monday 03.08.20 - 22:39, The Godfather wrote to Ogg:

I wish it were that simple. The last time this happened my
    chiropractor (and physical therapist) had to use ultra sound to free
    the nerve. It's pretty much up my shoulder now, so I have an
    appointment Friday to see if they can fix it.

My dad owned a large hand-held electric massage device from as far back as
    I can remember. He worked as a contract carpenter when we lived in the
    city. I remember him using the device for his hands and legs quite a bit
    at times. When I tried it, it operated with a very soohing humming sound
    and it left a very nice tingling sensation where it was applied for
    several minutes of use. It seemed to improve flexibility and reduce numbness.

Another thing that I discovered accidentally at first but later took advantage of when I wanted, was grabbing an electric fence. This
    particular fence would send out a mild burst of charge along the line
    every few seconds. The idea was to grab onto the fence - with a full grip
    - during the few seconds when it was "off". When the burst kicked it, the result was actually quite neat. With the full enclosed grip around the
    wire, there was no sharp intensity akin to a static discharge. The electrical "kick" was rather mutted. There was maybe a small non- controllable muscle reflex. It actually felt good in a way. After a few seconds of that, the hand just felt more revitalized.

Maybe a farmer in your area has a fence you can visit. ;)

Otherwise doing fine other then wanting to install the MRC mod on my
    BBS but finding it too tough to type without frustration, and now
    pain. SO just hanging out reading posts and lurking which isn't as
    fun as participating in conversation.

Hope you get the pain sorted out and eliminated soon. I think I can
    imagine the distraction and discomfort that it bears on you.

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Ogg on Wed Aug 5 04:29:00 2020

chiropractor (and physical therapist) had to use ultra sound to free

Good luck with them The, they finished my back off, before it really got a ìfull diagnosis I think. Still if it seems to work, so much the better.

My dad owned a large hand-held electric massage device from as far back as

We used to call them sanders :)

Another thing that I discovered accidentally at first but later took advantage of when I wanted, was grabbing an electric fence. This

The electric fence is meant to be a thing for arthritis believe it or not. ìGoing to depend very much on the fence unit as to whether or not you really ìwant to touch it. :) I had a couple of low power units to keep a few steers ìfrom wandering but they weren't much more than zapping yourself with the ìjelly crystal igniter for your stove, unless you were well grounded in which ìcase they can give a reasonable thump. But a friend of ours had a dairy farm ìand much larger runs of fence to look after.... I accidently belted myself ìwith that one once... My entire arm was numb from finger tips into the ìshoulder, and I had this great adrenaline chrome metal taste in my mouth for ìabout an hour afterwards. This was without super grounding so I'm scared to ìimagine what it might be like barefoot.

Last time I had a energiser out was to keep the dog off the vege garden... ìworked a treat of course.. until the kids hooked it up to the trampoline and ìall sorts of odd capers.

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)
  • From Arelor@21:2/138 to Spectre on Tue Aug 4 22:10:30 2020
    Re: waiting for a pinched nerve to leave
    By: Spectre to Ogg on Wed Aug 05 2020 12:29 am

The electric fence is meant to be a thing for arthritis believe it or not. Going to depend very much on the fence unit as to whether or not you really want to touch it. :) I had a couple of low power units to keep a few steers from wandering but they weren't much more than zapping yourself with the jel crystal igniter for your stove, unless you were well grounded in which case The electric fence is meant to be a thing for arthritis believe it or not. Going to depend very much on the fence unit as to whether or not you really want to touch it. :) I had a couple of low power units to keep a few steers from wandering but they weren't much more than zapping yourself with the jel crystal igniter for your stove, unless you were well grounded in which case they can give a reasonable thump. But a friend of ours had a dairy farm and much larger runs of fence to look after.... I accidently belted myself with that one once... My entire arm was numb from finger tips into the shoulder, I had this great adrenaline chrome metal taste in my mouth for about an hour afterwards. This was without super grounding so I'm scared to imagine what i might be like barefoot.

Last time I had a energiser out was to keep the dog off the vege garden... worked a treat of course.. until the kids hooked it up to the trampoline and all sorts of odd capers.

I think I'd rather take Colagen or B vitamins for arthritis or nerve pain than grab a power fence. Full disclosure, thsoe are the flagship producs of a store I operate, because so much people suffers arthrosis and nerve damage.

My Diana just pushes another horse against the fence until the fence breaks, or waits until the battery fails to break the fence. She is too clever for her own good.

--
    gopher://gopher.operationalsecurity.es
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)
  • From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to Arelor on Wed Aug 5 00:15:00 2020
    Hello Arelor!

** On Tuesday 04.08.20 - 18:10, Arelor wrote to Spectre:

I think I'd rather take Colagen or B vitamins for arthritis or nerve
    pain than grab a power fence. Full disclosure, thsoe are the flagship producs of a store I operate, because so much people suffers arthrosis
    and nerve damage.

I mentioned my story with an electric fence because the whole experience
    was an accident. I wouldn't set up a system like that to "treat" any muscle/nerve issues. But.. if someone happend to have a handy fence
    rigged up, I'd revisit the technique for memory sake.. :) ..because the feeling and after-effects was rather cool.

My Diana just pushes another horse against the fence until the fence breaks, or waits until the battery fails to break the fence. She is
    too clever for her own good.

Some of the animals on the farm seemed to learn that the fence had little
    to no overwhelming effect when they maximized body area over the wire.
    When they grazed parallel along the wire, and the wire covered the length
    of their bodies, they carried on as if nothing was happening. That's akin
    to making sure that you grab the wire with a full grip and *not* just a fingertip, and the shock would have much less initial painful impact.

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
  • From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to Spectre on Wed Aug 5 01:16:00 2020
    Hello Spectre!

** On Wednesday 05.08.20 - 00:29, Spectre wrote to Ogg:

My dad owned a large hand-held electric massage device from as far
    back as

We used to call them sanders :)

When operating, the massager gave off only a very low level sound. The mechanical vibrations served to relax the muscles. The massager worked on relaxed muscles. Power tools like sanders and saws are a much different thing. Regular power tools stress the muscles because you have to
    actually contract the muscles to use the tools.

Another thing that I discovered accidentally at first but later took
    advantage of when I wanted, was grabbing an electric fence. This

The electric fence is meant to be a thing for arthritis believe it or not. Going to depend very much on the fence unit as to whether or not you
    really want to touch it. :) ..

[snip]

.. But a friend of ours had a dairy farm and much larger runs of fence
    to look after.... I accidently belted myself with that one once... My entire arm was numb from finger tips into the shoulder, and I had this great adrenaline chrome metal taste in my mouth for about an hour afterwards. This was without super grounding so I'm scared to imagine
    what it might be like barefoot.

Wow. I never heard of cases like that. Maybe the fence had a fault.

Our electric fence system was one of the low powered ones, and single
    wire. I think we only used it for a couple of years. Restaking the fence
    and maintaining the line seemed for hassle than it was worth - and the
    bulls eventually learned how to bulldoze through the line.

Last time I had a energiser out was to keep the dog off the vege
    garden... worked a treat of course.. until the kids hooked it up to
    the trampoline and all sorts of odd capers.

That sounds nasty.

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Ogg on Thu Aug 6 19:11:00 2020
    relaxed muscles. Power tools like sanders and saws are a much different thing. Regular power tools stress the muscles because you have to actually contract the muscles to use the tools.

You've just got to get creative in the application thereof :) They are ìcertainly noisy though.

Wow. I never heard of cases like that. Maybe the fence had a fault.

Nothing wrong with it, its just a matter of what its meant to be keeping in ìcontrol, and how many kilometers of fence there is. The longer the greater ìpower is required, and the bigger the beast generally more power is required. ìSo something to stun a bull at 5km can make a mess of a man sized interloper ìstanding in wet grass. :)

That sounds nasty.

It was.... especially on the larger kids and relo's not in on the joke ìinitially. Normally a short to ground would just drop the charge to 0 pretty ìmuch, so I'm not sure how it was working, but the trampoline in particular ìreally was a shocker...

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)
  • From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to Warpslide on Mon Aug 17 01:52:00 2020
    Hello Warpslide!

** On Wednesday 05.08.20 - 09:17, Warpslide wrote to The Godfather:

Are you talking about the tension machine where it pulls on your
    neck and feet?

No, this is where he puts sticky pads on you and hooks it up to a
    machine that delivers a mild electrical shock which constricts &
    eventually fatigues the muscle.

I don't know that I've seen the machine you're talking about, but I'm picturing a medieval stretching machine. I've always thought that
    could actually feel good up to a point.

Growing up through my teens and living in a house whose interior was gradually being finished, there were several places where one could hang upside down. It felt very good to just let your own weight stretch your
    back and relax. Add to that upside-down sittups, and you have a decent workout.

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Ogg on Mon Aug 17 22:30:44 2020
    upside down. It felt very good to just let your own weight stretch your back and relax. Add to that upside-down sittups, and you have a decent workout.

That does sound kind of relaxing. Though don't you get headaches or other issues from being inverted?

I suppose it might just be me, but there are many times when I struggle with doing Yoga because downward-facing-dog (among others) is just not a pleasant stance to stay in.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From August Abolins@21:2/101 to Adept on Sun Sep 6 17:15:35 2020
    On 17/08/2020 2:30 p.m., Adept wrote:

upside down. It felt very good to just let your own weight
    stretch your back and relax. Add to that upside-down
    sittups, and you have a decent workout.

That does sound kind of relaxing. Though don't you get
    headaches or other issues from being inverted?

Apologies.. It seems that I failed to notice that you asked me a question.

Hanging upside down, the first time, is a bit of a blood rush (or pool) to the head, and that can feel strange. But the idea is to just hang upside down for a
    few minutes to gain the benefit of the stretch.

I suppose it might just be me, but there are many times when
    I struggle with doing Yoga because downward-facing-dog
    (among others) is just not a pleasant stance to stay in.

I had to look up the downward dog pose. I adapt a variation of that when I am done a set up pushups and want to give myself a good stretch.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (21:2/101)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to August Abolins on Mon Sep 7 02:22:52 2020
    Apologies.. It seems that I failed to notice that you asked me a
    question.

Well thanks for answering it three weeks later, then. :)

I had certainly forgotten about it, though, so no apology was needed. :)

Hanging upside down, the first time, is a bit of a blood rush (or pool)
    to the head, and that can feel strange. But the idea is to just hang upside down for a
    few minutes to gain the benefit of the stretch.

Huh, okay. I do think it might be me -- I do have a propensity toward
    ice cream headaches and migraines (though nothing serious on that front for years, thankfully), so it may be a YMMV situation.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)