• Don't talk to the police

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Adept on Sat Aug 8 07:46:00 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

It came around again in the potential play list for youtuba....this is the ìthing I mentioned the other day.

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: Scrawled in haste at The Lower Planes (21:3/101)
  • From Ogg@21:4/106.21 to Spectre on Sat Aug 8 02:06:00 2020
    Hello Spectre!

** On Saturday 08.08.20 - 03:46, Spectre wrote to Adept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

It came around again in the potential play list for youtuba....this is the thing I mentioned the other day.

That's a good one! Thanks for mentioning it.

What troubles me though is although the lawyer/professor presented valid cases for NEVER to speak to the police even if you are totally innocent,
    the ex-cop said that he would never want to bring someone in for interrogation (er, an interview) unless they were suspected of guilt.

Bottom line - you can't trust the police who could turn ANYTHING against
    you.

--- OpenXP 5.0.45
    * Origin: (} Pointy McPointFace (21:4/106.21)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Ogg on Sat Aug 8 09:05:55 2020
    the ex-cop said that he would never want to bring someone in for interrogation (er, an interview) unless they were suspected of guilt.

This is reminding me how I recently read about some ICE cop (US immigration police. "ICE" stands for "Immigration and Customs Enforcement", if memory serves), talking about how they're after various violent-criminal types, and oftentimes ICE cops will arrest "collaterals" -- so people with immigration violations, but otherwise law abiding. Evidently ICE has had various quotas
    and whatnot for those people.

But one officer commented on how, when someone is cooperating, letting the police in, giving info about the person suspected of violent crime, etc.,
    that they don't go out of their way to arrest them, too.

So it's plausible that there are times when one would want to cooperate, but they're extremely high-risk times.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)