• Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

From Nightfox@21:1/137 to All on Tue Sep 22 12:45:24 2020
    Does anyone here like flight simulators? Has anyone here tried Microsoft's new Flight Simulator 2020? I bought it when it came out. I've seen some people say the accuracy/realism of flying the planes isn't as good as other flight sims, but I don't mind. And I think the graphics are really great. The graphics are very realistic for most things, and it's pretty cool that it can draw buildings & landmarks & things around the world (using data from Bing Maps).

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From Nodoka Hanamura@21:2/106 to Nightfox on Tue Sep 22 17:45:24 2020
    On 22 Sep 2020, Nightfox said the following...

Does anyone here like flight simulators? Has anyone here tried Microsoft's new Flight Simulator 2020? I bought it when it came out. I've seen some people say the accuracy/realism of flying the planes
    isn't as good as other flight sims, but I don't mind. And I think the graphics are really great. The graphics are very realistic for most things, and it's pretty cool that it can draw buildings & landmarks & things around the world (using data from Bing Maps).

Nightfox

I've got a few thousand flight hours in a lot of flight games and sims,
    ranging from sim-lite to full realism. I'm actually downloading FS2020 as I speak, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Born too late to experience the scene.
    Born just in time to see it come back.
    Nodoka Hanamura - NeoCincinnati BBS SYSOP - neocinci.bbs.io

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: NeoCincinnati BBS - neocinci.bbs.io:23 (21:2/106)
  • From alterego@21:2/116 to Nightfox on Wed Sep 23 13:41:42 2020
    Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
    By: Nightfox to All on Tue Sep 22 2020 08:45 am

Howdy,

Does anyone here like flight simulators? Has anyone here tried Microsoft's new Flight Simulator 2020? I bought it when it

I havent used a flight sim for a long time. Infact, I think it was Flight Sim X was the last one I used (dont have a Windows PC anymore). But I still have my yoke and controls upstairs in a box somewhere.

Its great to practise procedures but I didnt enjoy it as much as doing the real thing - as I only had a single monitor. There is a 6th sense you have when you are flying that just cant get from the Sim. IE: The drift from the wind pushing you sideways, the plane sinking or floating, especially when in final to land or doing a steeper turn.

...δεσ∩

... Go on, be yourself! There isn't anyone better qualified.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (21:2/116)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to alterego on Tue Sep 22 21:12:22 2020
    Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
    By: alterego to Nightfox on Wed Sep 23 2020 09:41 am

I havent used a flight sim for a long time. Infact, I think it was Flight Sim X was the last one I used (dont have a Windows PC anymore). But I still have my yoke and controls upstairs in a box somewhere.

Are you yoking me? ;)

Interestingly, this message area is abbreaviated as "FSX Gen".. :P

Its great to practise procedures but I didnt enjoy it as much as doing the real thing - as I only had a single monitor. There is a 6th sense you have when you are flying that just cant get from the Sim. IE: The drift from the wind pushing you sideways, the plane sinking or floating, especially when in final to land or doing a steeper turn.

I thought about getting a pilot's license a long time ago, but it's very expensive with the classes & instructor/flight time, etc..

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to Nightfox on Tue Sep 22 22:46:33 2020
    Does anyone here like flight simulators? Has anyone here tried Microsoft's new Flight Simulator 2020? I bought it when it came out. I've seen some people say the accuracy/realism of flying the planes
    isn't as good as other flight sims, but I don't mind. And I think the graphics are really great. The graphics are very realistic for most things, and it's pretty cool that it can draw buildings & landmarks & things around the world (using data from Bing Maps).

Nightfox

So I do have one computer capable and got down for a few hours on the new
    Micro 2020.. it is flipping awesome, man!!

Sure I'm no pilot - but I was blown away by it and will continue to spend a couple hours every month playing with it.

I think its excellent - but I'm not too keen on the newest of games.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Nightfox on Thu Sep 24 00:14:00 2020
    On 09-22-20 08:45, Nightfox wrote to All <=-

Does anyone here like flight simulators? Has anyone here tried Microsoft's new Flight Simulator 2020? I bought it when it came out.
    I've seen some people say the accuracy/realism of flying the planes

I haven't played a flight simulator for a few decades, but Microsoft has long been considered one of the best. Probably something I would do, if I had the time. :)

... And God said, "Let there be light, but make it quick."
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)