• Moderate Joy

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Anybody on Fri Oct 2 16:08:00 2020
    TLP she's flying, well running perhaps... ahhh no, more like being dragged ìalong on a leash.

It booted, and its running, so Happy Happy joy joy...

On the downside, its very temperamental booting and hangs at the drop of a ìpin. Haven't gotten to the bottom of that at all. Phase one was not all ìpower supplies are built equal. I dropped a 400W supply in thinking it should ìbe fine, its only got the single 4 ping supply to the mobo though. After ìnoting the extra 4 are actually put together differently to just another set, ìI rooted about and found a 320W Supply that has said 8 pin connector on it, ìand we got a far more stable response out of the system. Notably the CPU ìspecific issues seem to had dropped off, no more CPU core #2 locked now.

On the down side, still appear to have memory issues. I've played with ìindividual sticks in there and one seems worse than the other, but its DDR3 ìand I don't have any more of that to swap in and test.

On the plus side the HD seems to be fine. I hitched it into Brightmatter for ìsome testwork. Seems to pass with flying colours.

Whatever happens when it gets really cranky about starting up seems to be ìpartially curable by resetting the CMOS settings too... doesn't bode well, ìperhaps its worth trying to write an upgrade version in there.

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: (21:3/101)