• Reflection

From apam@21:1/126.1 to All on Sun Nov 22 23:15:06 2020
    Hi

Been doing some thinking about recent happenings and what paulie said
    about cutting people some slack.

I'm not always the best at writing my thoughts down, and so I guess it's
    up to people who read them to figure it out. Some times you have to read between the lines, but in doing so it's hit and miss if you actually get
    the point.

I think it's also true that when we write stuff we also expect those
    reading it to understand what we are thinking / feeling etc without
    actually writing it.

So in future, instead of taking stuff at face value, ie, what is actually written, I'm going to try and balance that with what I know about the
    person and ask for clarification if it doesn't fit.

Hindsight is a great and all, but I'm disappointed with myself for not
    weighing what was written with what I know about someone.

I'm writing this in the hopes it benifits some others who may also take
    what's written as what is actually meant.

Andrew

--- Talisman v0.6-dev (Linux/armv7l)
    * Origin: HappyLand v2.0 - telnet://happyland.zapto.org:11892/ (21:1/126.1)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to apam on Sun Nov 22 12:45:51 2020
    Been doing some thinking about recent happenings and what paulie said about cutting people some slack.

I'm not always the best at writing my thoughts down, and so I guess it's up to people who read them to figure it out. Some times you have to read between the lines, but in doing so it's hit and miss if you actually get the point.

I think it's also true that when we write stuff we also expect those reading it to understand what we are thinking / feeling etc without actually writing it.

Well stated, and.. I'm sometimes [very] long in the tooth when I make posts; as I write, I forget that you people don't KNOW who I am/how I talk and that I'm really just trying to cover all the bases - its out of care... usually. :P

I think that text messages, and in turn posts, don't always translate the way we thought they were going to... I think that the people in our community, and I'm going out on a limb here... I think that they need this. I do. The BBS community has really been a floatation device for me throughout this pandemic. I have people whom I really call FRIENDS here. It upsets me when my friends get burnt out, or upset about some posts or thread history... it upsets me when people feel like they aren't treated well on this medium.

As I stated earlier, I think we ALL could use a little slack. The left, the right, the nice and the forcefull... we're all just trying to get through this crazy time in history.

I feel crazy bad that BP hasn't logged in and I feel bad that Ryan is going through a hard weekend and may be alone. Anyone else wanna all login to Castle Rock and hang out in the teleconference with me? CR emails the sysOp at login. :P Does anyone have Ryan's BBSes info? I'm not on it yet.

Cheers ya'll - I hope that my messages, while long, are recieved well by most - I care about and fully enjoy the community that is fsxNet & BBSing in 2020.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/10/23 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From The Millionaire@21:1/183 to All on Tue Dec 28 09:46:17 2021
    As we start to feel Father Time creeping up on us, we ask one important question and that is:

"Why Am I Still Here And What Is My Purpose In Life?"

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (21:1/183)