• More updates regarding The Flaming Wrath of Árelor

From Arelor@21:2/138 to All on Fri Nov 27 10:09:56 2020
    Hi there!

I have had a lot of work to do this week. The boss' at my clinic managed to blow something up so I had to restore some file servers from backup. Then I struck a deal with some lab representatives and spent a couple of days uploading their products to my e-store. I have been preparing the campaign for winter and joint-aches.

With all of this stuff going on, I was fearing I would not be able to find the time to progress any further in my writing endevours this week.

Thankfully I found some time and got another chapter checked and formatted, both for the Spanish and English edition. This makes me about a week ahead of schedule. Woo-hoo!

Revisiting this novel after so many years feels like visiting that relative you hardly ever visit. I remember each paragraph as if I had writen it yesterday, and at the same time I feel like I am rediscovering the book. At the same time, I have the chronic feeling that some things could have been done better, but when I think about it, the book is so well set in place that I don't know how it could possibly be changed for improvement.
    --
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)
  • From Bob Roberts@21:2/118 to Arelor on Fri Nov 27 15:05:44 2020
    Thankfully I found some time and got another chapter checked and formatted,
    both for the Spanish and English edition. This makes me about a week ahead of
    schedule. Woo-hoo!

I'm curious. What software do you use to write? I've heard that Word isn't good for novels beccause it can't handle the long documents very well.

|01bobbobbobbob|09bob|03bob|11bob|03bob|09bob|01bobbobbob |01robrobrobrob|09rob|03rob|11rob|03rob|09rob|01robrobrob
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Halls of Valhalla =-= Happy Thanksgiving (21:2/118)
  • From Arelor@21:2/138 to Bob Roberts on Fri Nov 27 17:40:36 2020
    Re: More updates regarding The Flaming Wrath of árelor
    By: Bob Roberts to Arelor on Fri Nov 27 2020 10:05 am

Thankfully I found some time and got another chapter checked and formatted,
    both for the Spanish and English edition. This makes me about a week ah of
    schedule. Woo-hoo!

I'm curious. What software do you use to write? I've heard that Word isn't good for novels beccause it can't handle the long documents very well.

|01bobbobbobbob|09bob|03bob|11bob|03bob|09bob|01bobbobbob |01robrobrobrob|09rob|03rob|11rob|03rob|09rob|01robrobrob

I use (wait for it) wordgrinder.

Specifically, a custom patched version: gopher://gopher.operationalsecurity.es/1/Software/Wordgrinder/

(It is worth mentioning most issues fixed by the patches are fixed upstream
    by now :-P)

LibreOffice is nice for arranging the text into something you may be able to send to the presses, but I'd only use it once the text is done.

Sigil is also nice for formatting epub files. You need to kneel deep into the actual code of the file in order to make the most out of it.

I use Gimp for graphics when needed.
    --
    gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)