• Strange thing

From Barmed@21:4/127 to All on Mon Feb 1 10:29:18 2021
    This might be better asked in FSX_MYS, but as this is the echo concerned zi figured might as well ask here.

I have a lot of questions about stuff I'm trying to figure out with mofifications to BBSes. So I was using the Indexed message reader on Mystic
    to select the base for one of my qyestions and happened to notice the this message area was not listed. When I figured out how to list all areas, and it showed back up I saw it had 50 some odd unread messages going back a few
    days.

As I log on several times a day, I found this unusual.

So my question is, how might I have managed to make it where I was skipping this area in my new message scans, and how would I undo that?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: theoasisbbs.ddns.net:1357 (21:4/127)
  • From Al@21:4/106.1 to Barmed on Mon Feb 1 08:59:52 2021
    Re: Strange thing
    By: Barmed to All on Mon Feb 01 2021 05:29 am

So my question is, how might I have managed to make it where I was skipping this area in my new message scans, and how would I undo that?

When reading messages on mystic you can press "T" to toggle your newscan setting so if you press that, it will turn that area off. Synchronet has a feature like that too.

If that happens you have to press "Z" from the message menu in the affected group and turn it back on.

That's my best guess.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... But that trick never works! -Rocky
    --- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106.1)