• Hey Al, I'm getting strange errors in Fido AreaFix...

From tallship@21:2/104 to All on Mon May 31 17:38:32 2021
    I sent you a Netmail msg but I'm not sure if you got it on your end or not.

Here's what I got back when I did a

<snip>
    %LINKED
    %RESCAN D=365
    </snip>

https://info.Pleroma.Cloud/areafix-fido-2021-05-31.png

Any ideas on where I should start for the troubleshooting? I'm getting *some* echos, but most are completely empty and nothing's really coming in.

I was able to fix fsxNet message bases by doing the same AreaFix commands
    above though.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Vger.Cloud - NOMAD Internetwork (21:2/104)
  • From Al@21:4/106.2 to tallship on Mon May 31 23:38:10 2021

Here's what I got back when I did a

<snip>
    %LINKED
    %RESCAN D=365
    </snip>

https://info.Pleroma.Cloud/areafix-fido-2021-05-31.png

That message arrived via 1:153/757.3, that's why the pkt address is different.

I changed my host name back in January to trmb.synchro.net.

Please change that in your mailer config so those messages go directly to 1:153/757.

Sorry, I didn't realize that was happening. I think once you change that your messages to areafix will go through OK.

I actually have this BBBS answering at trmb.ca but it is a point of 153/757, so there is no action there.

Any ideas on where I should start for the troubleshooting? I'm getting *some* echos, but most are completely empty and nothing's really coming in.

I think once your mailer is sending to trmb.synchro.net things will work better.

There are differences in the %rescan command between Mystic and HPT. I am using HPT on 153/757 so use HPT commands there..

%rescan *
    %rescan * 200
    %rescan * 365 days

Or some variation of the above.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106.2)
  • From Al@21:4/106.2 to tallship on Mon May 31 23:52:36 2021
    I changed my host name back in January to trmb.synchro.net.

Please change that in your mailer config so those messages go directly to 1:153/757.

One last note.. :)

When you change your own or your linked nodes config in Mystic you need to shut down and restart mis for the changes to take affect.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
  • From Al@21:4/106.2 to tallship on Tue Jun 1 02:19:00 2021

I have not seen it. I did see a netmail to areafix but that was all.

I had a look at my logs and I can see mail being tossed to your node and being delivered to your node, so as far as I know things are working as expected.

I sent you a message in the FIDOTEST area. I see in my logs it was tossed to your node and the mailer did send it. If you don't see it then we have a problem. Let me know.

I was able to fix fsxNet message bases by doing the same AreaFix commands above though.

As far as I can see everything is a go here at my end. My mailer is sending stuff to vger.cloud, is that the right address for your node?

If problems continue let me know and we'll keep looking til we can figure it out and get things working properly.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to tallship on Wed Jun 2 19:59:29 2021
    On 31 May 2021 at 05:38p, tallship pondered and said...

This was a known bug I picked up in Mystic back in A43 that appeared at the start of 2020. I've netmailed you about it but if the message is lost email
    me avon@bbs.nz and I can fill you in :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)