• Need help with netmail

From DustCouncil@21:1/227 to All on Wed Jun 9 04:25:25 2021
    Well, since I have been em-pantsed, messages are flowing to and from these echoes as they should.

The one exception is netmail. Try as I might, I cannot get netmail to send, nor can I receive it. When I send it, it shows up in the netmail message
    base I created, but it is never sent to the remote system.

I was also able to test from 2o For Beers, trying to send netmail to myself here, and it never arrived.

I am perplexed as to what the problem is and I have stared for awhile at the logs. I followed Avon's video online and went through it a few times,
    checking what I did. It is probably something silly.

Can someone look at my configuration here:

https://i.imgur.com/PBOALrV.png

The fsxNet EchoMail Node configuration appears to be correct, if you're
    reading this message, and as I say the rest of the fsxNet echoes appear to be working just fine.

Any pointers would be appreciated, in particular some kind of troubleshooting path.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Shipwrecks & Shibboleths [San Francisco, CA - USA] (21:1/227)
  • From Al@21:4/106.2 to DustCouncil on Tue Jun 8 23:01:16 2021
    Well, since I have been em-pantsed, messages are flowing to and from these echoes as they should.

I find mail always comes and goes for whether I am em-pantsed or not.. ;)

The one exception is netmail. Try as I might, I cannot get netmail to send, nor can I receive it. When I send it, it shows up in the netmail message base I created, but it is never sent to the remote system.

I have seen two netmail from you, one here on this point and one on my node so I think netmail is working for you.

I was also able to test from 2o For Beers, trying to send netmail to myself here, and it never arrived.

Not every node is setup for netmail or routing. Best to ask the sysop there how it is setup.

I am perplexed as to what the problem is and I have stared for awhile at the logs. I followed Avon's video online and went through it a few times, checking what I did. It is probably something silly.

I got and replied to both of your netmails, did you get them?

Can someone look at my configuration here:

https://i.imgur.com/PBOALrV.png

The fsxNet EchoMail Node configuration appears to be correct, if you're reading this message, and as I say the rest of the fsxNet echoes appear to be working just fine.

That looks fine. One difference between yours and mine is that my "Net Address" is set to 0:0/0. That way Mystic uses AKA matching when saving netmail. That's only important if you have more than one AKA.

Any pointers would be appreciated, in particular some kind of troubleshooting path.

Your netmail seemed to be working, at least I saw and replied to a couple of them. I hope you can get that all worked out.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106.2)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to DustCouncil on Wed Jun 9 13:04:19 2021
    The one exception is netmail. Try as I might, I cannot get netmail to send, nor can I receive it. When I send it, it shows up in the netmail message base I created, but it is never sent to the remote system.

So... FTNs are kinda my weak spot, so I'm not gonna be much help here - but DO remember with BBSes... you can't TOTALLY trust that the error wasn't @ 2o fOr beeRS. :P Now, I think my netmail IS setup correctly... but just mentioning that the best place to do those test runs might be at The Agency BBS or another HUB, like Solaris' Error 1202 BBS or Black Panther's Castle Rock BBS.

:P I'd just hate for... MY SYSTEM to have been messing up and you chasing an issue that... isn't one. I'm sure you KNOW your NetMail isn't working, but just wanted to mention that bit of info...

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/05/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From DustCouncil@21:1/227 to paulie420 on Thu Jun 10 00:42:06 2021
    I find the very notion that netmail may not working on your magnificent board to be ludicrous and unworthy of consideration.

You talk like a mere mortal.

Please...

:)

* Origin: Shipwrecks & Shibboleths [San Francisco, CA - USA] (21:1/227)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to DustCouncil on Thu Jun 10 05:52:05 2021
    I find the very notion that netmail may not working on your magnificent board to be ludicrous and unworthy of consideration.

I'm a fan of what Paulie420 has done in the BBSing scene, but if we're going
    by the available literature the mythological gods were pretty good at getting into mischief.

* Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to DustCouncil on Thu Jun 10 20:21:08 2021

Please...

LOL - funny thing is, I think that it WAS my issue. I need to test netmail... lulz.

Thanks for posting on and about 2o, DC... I appreciate you and really liked your post in the Facebook Hack section @ 2o.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to Adept on Thu Jun 10 20:23:52 2021
    I find the very notion that netmail may not working on your magnifice board to be ludicrous and unworthy of consideration.

I'm a fan of what Paulie420 has done in the BBSing scene, but if we're going by the available literature the mythological gods were pretty good at getting into mischief.

Jeez, April. :P I love what you do, too! OMG. APAM was so nice as to tell me that I'm hard on myself, too - and I really love that I have *any* part of making the BBS scene ANY kind of 'better'... thanks? Thanks.

/me isn't going anywhere - and /me thought that he was the rash on BBSing... I'm happy to know that I have people, have friends and have SOME impact on BBSes in 2o21. w00t w00t!

Yer a rockstar, too - I still need to get back to The Storm and see your most recent ANSI works. :P I'm headed that way now...

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o