• Daily life

From Avon@21:1/101 to All on Sun Aug 1 16:52:13 2021
    Had a different week. Was away out of town for two nights visiting family. I last saw may parents around 4 months ago. My mum has been unwell and has lost
    a lot of weight/body condition... When I visited I had seen an improvement which is good but she has a way to go yet. It was her birthday she turned 79.

My dad is more fitter and active than mum at present. He's had his x 2 COVID vaccination injections, mum had her first the other day.

After my trip I took an extra day off and only worked wed-fri this week.

It's now Sunday and I have been busy outside doing some gardening and also spent time watching the olympics... we bought a $25 streaming package to get access to the 12 channels on offer for the duration of the games.

Tonight I've been (again) working on getting at least one door game running
    at Agency and I'm making some progress there (so that's good).

One of my kids is renovating their home at present. They are making over
    their bathroom and kitchen. We've offered a shower and nightly meals for
    their family while this work is taking place. My son is doing this himself after hours weeknights and on the weekends. Today is the first day they are here for dinner/shower etc. I expect this may be the case for about 4-6 weeks give or take.

Hope this finds you well and thanks for playing in the fsxNet sandpit.

Best, Paul aka Avon

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Zip@21:1/202 to Avon on Sun Aug 1 10:04:12 2021
    Hello Avon!

On 01 Aug 2021, Avon said the following...
    family. I last saw may parents around 4 months ago. My mum has been
    unwell and has lost a lot of weight/body condition... When I visited I
    had seen an improvement which is good but she has a way to go yet. It
    was her birthday she turned 79.

Hoping she'll continue to improve!

I'll be paying my dad a visit for his birthday in two weeks -- it's been quite some time since I visited him, although I have been keeping contact via phone almost daily.

My dad is more fitter and active than mum at present. He's had his x 2 COVID vaccination injections, mum had her first the other day.

I'm glad that most elderly here in Sweden have had both their shots since maybe two months back in time. Actually I've had both my shots, too, although I'm not that old (41). :)

First they concentraded on the elderly, then on making everyone getting their first dose, but then people (in general) went on summer vacation, so they started offering doses to younger people to use the current capacity and doses as much as possible.

Recommending 7 weeks between the first and second dose was done to try to ensure everyone had a chance to get their first dose, but now that capacity and doses have increased, one would think that that recommendation would be lifted, but it hasn't been, at least not yet. :-/

However nothing prevents you from booking with 3 weeks in between instead of 7.

I'm hoping as many as possible will have made sure to get both their shots *before* their return to school or work. But you never know. The younger people don't seem to care too much about any of this. :-/

also spent time watching the olympics... we bought a $25 streaming
    package to get access to the 12 channels on offer for the duration of
    the games.

That's nice!

The public service (free) TV channels here usually broadcast large events like the Olympics, but not this time -- I think Discovery+ has the broadcast rights here. Although most people have some of the channels owned by Discovery at home (cable or IPTV), they usually don't have access to them when away. That would require some streaming service (and a nice data plan)...

So it's different. :)

Tonight I've been (again) working on getting at least one door game running at Agency and I'm making some progress there (so that's good).

That's good!

Myself, I've been wading through Mystic prompts and customizing to my liking. Still concentrating on getting the basics functioning as desired (recently, the mail scanning, which I think is working they way I want it to now).

Hope this finds you well and thanks for playing in the fsxNet sandpit.

Thank you for having us, Paul! :)

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/07/31 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From Sparky@21:1/192 to Avon on Sun Aug 1 12:00:26 2021
    * Origin: Communication Connection (21:1/192)
  • From Sparky@21:1/192 to Avon on Sun Aug 1 12:06:11 2021
    Had a different week. Was away out of town for two nights visiting
    family. I last saw may parents around 4 months ago. My mum has been
    unwell and has lost a lot of weight/body condition... When I visited I
    had seen an improvement which is good but she has a way to go yet. It
    was her birthday she turned 79.

Good to hear, glad she is making progress.

More good news!

It's now Sunday and I have been busy outside doing some gardening and
    also spent time watching the olympics... we bought a $25 streaming
    package to get access to the 12 channels on offer for the duration of
    the games.

With all the political stuff happening in the USA and the many of the athletes feeling they need to be political too I haven't watched any of the Olympics.

Tonight I've been (again) working on getting at least one door game running at Agency and I'm making some progress there (so that's good).

I really need to set aside some time to work on my board, like usual life keep getting in the way.

Cheers, Jeff

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/06/19 (Windows/32)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Sparky on Sat Aug 7 15:22:10 2021
    On 01 Aug 2021 at 12:00p, Sparky pondered and said...

@TID: Mystic BBS 1.12 A47
    @MSGID: 21:1/192 20ef4eff
    @REPLY: 21:1/101 1b2b9535
    @TZUTC: -0400
    @
    @
    @PATH: 1/192 100
    --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/06/19 (Windows/32)

Hmm if you wrote something, I'm sorry to say it did not make it..

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Sparky on Sat Aug 7 15:25:21 2021
    On 01 Aug 2021 at 12:06p, Sparky pondered and said...

Good to hear, glad she is making progress.

Thanks, and this reply from you I did see :)

My dad is more fitter and active than mum at present. He's had his x COVID vaccination injections, mum had her first the other day.

More good news!

I've just had my first one today, get the next in about 3 weeks time I think. At the time of writing this I'm only 5 hours plus since getting it. Arm is a little sore but otherwise so far so good.

With all the political stuff happening in the USA and the many of the athletes feeling they need to be political too I haven't watched any of the Olympics.

I've seen little of that in the coverage I've been watching. I am tired as my wife and I have been up late most nights in order to see the coverage of the different events we've been watching. Just a few day to go then some good sleeps coming heh...

Tonight I've been (again) working on getting at least one door game running at Agency and I'm making some progress there (so that's good)

I really need to set aside some time to work on my board, like usual
    life keep getting in the way.

I'm still working at getting the door game going / processing files. Once I crack that one the next should be good but then I will hit the same issue
    many seem to and that is how best to run a game like BRE on a Linux box.. the joys..

Cheers, Jeff

Best, Paul