• Appeals for demosceners/musictrackers

From hyjinx@21:1/126 to All on Sat Sep 18 17:28:17 2021
    Greetings one and all, It's that time again when I get to the editing floor
    for the next episode of "Back to the BBS". This episode covers the
    Demoscene and the Music Trackerscene. I have three fabulous interviews
    already: Purple Motion and Skaven of the PC Demoscene's Future Crew, who talk about being in the Future Crew and trackermusic in general, although they don't talk much about the semantics of /how/ to create tracker music, which is a shame (nudge, nudge, Onky!). The other interviews are demoscene related, one with Jim Leonard, whom some of you may know better as YouTube's 'The OldSkool PC', or perhaps Trixter or even Mobygamer, the author of mobygames.com. He covers amongst many things, the coding of 8088 Corruption and 8088 MPH demos
    on original IBM PC CGA hardware.

Finally, I talk with a new coder of demos on retro platforms, Bill Hart, who runs another YouTube channel, "Pc Retro Tech". It's all shaping up to be a
    kick ass episode as-is, but if you have a contact,or you, yourself are
    someone who makes tracker music, or makes demos,be it for Commodore, PC, heck even Atari ST, I'd love to have an interview with you. If you could give me a shout ASAP that would be great. The editing of the episode has already begun, and I'd like to wrap it within two weeks.

Cheers!

hyjinx // Alistair Ross
    Author of 'Back to the BBS' Documentary: https://bit.ly/3tRINeL (YouTube) alsgeeklab.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: bbs.alsgeeklab.com:2323 (21:1/126)
  • From The Millionaire@21:4/106.1 to hyjinx on Sat Sep 18 11:20:03 2021

Greetings one and all, It's that time again when I get to the editing floor for the next episode of "Back to the BBS". This episode covers the
    Demoscene and the Music Trackerscene. I have three fabulous interviews already: Purple Motion and Skaven of the PC Demoscene's Future Crew, who talk about being in the Future Crew and trackermusic in general, although they don't talk much about the semantics of /how/ to create tracker music, which is a shame (nudge, nudge, Onky!). The other interviews are demoscene related, one with Jim Leonard, whom some of you may know better as YouTube's 'The OldSkool PC', or perhaps Trixter or even Mobygamer, the author of mobygames.com. He covers amongst many things, the coding of 8088 Corruption and 8088 MPH demos
    on original IBM PC CGA hardware.

Finally, I talk with a new coder of demos on retro platforms, Bill Hart, who runs another YouTube channel, "Pc Retro Tech". It's all shaping up to be a kick ass episode as-is, but if you have a contact,or you, yourself are someone who makes tracker music, or makes demos,be it for Commodore, PC, heck even Atari ST, I'd love to have an interview with you. If you could give me a shout ASAP that would be great. The editing of the episode has already begun, and I'd like to wrap it within two weeks.

Cheers!

hyjinx // Alistair Ross
    Author of 'Back to the BBS' Documentary: https://bit.ly/3tRINeL (YouTube) alsgeeklab.com

Looking forward to it. :-)

$ The Millionaire $
    (Co-SysOp Of The Rusty Mailbox)
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106.1)
  • From The Millionaire@21:4/106.1 to hyjinx on Mon Oct 11 12:51:24 2021
    Still waiting for Ep. 6.

$ The Millionaire $
    (Co-SysOp Of The Rusty Mailbox)
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106.1)
  • From hyjinx@21:1/126 to The Millionaire on Tue Oct 19 22:46:06 2021
    On 11 Oct 2021, The Millionaire said the following...

Still waiting for Ep. 6.

Like Guiness.... all good things come to those who wait! I've spent 7 hrs editing in the last 48. I have many more hours of editing to go.

The good news, is if you are a YouTube member of my channel (or a Patreon),
    you can see an interview with Jim Leonard aka Trixter about his participation in the demoscene, including a talk on 8088MPH, an amazing feat. I also have
    an excerpt from Purple Motion and Skaven if Future Crew. Some early access perks for my supporters!

Cheers,
    Al

hyjinx // Alistair Ross